The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Legacy of Conquest

Go down 
+11
Hydrattler
ReiXAsuka
Umbra
Aroro
TheDarknessOfLoyalty
Lord Coake
CoolMusette
brennie42
Einselar
Drummy
Mist
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
DinteDarkspear

DinteDarkspear

A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:41 am

Name: Zouch (such)
Age/Grade: 13/Freshman
Race:Wood Elf
Country of origin: Seivanies
appearance: 4'11", his hair, eyes, and skin are all the same shade of dark brown. His skin is caked with dirt and he doesn't bathe often enough to wash it all away. His uniform is askew as its not put on properly the tie angles to the side a bit, his jacket is left open, His boots are caked with dirt. The hood of his jacket is down and behind his head and inside of the hood is a little monster the size of a beetle and made up of hard compact dirt. It doesn't look like anything that exists from this world, it has 4 legs with the front legs having 2 razor sharp spike claws on each leg and the back legs are larger and haunches to propel it forward. It has 2 tusks that come out and forward from the side of head, it has razor sharp teeth. it has a plated body covered in small spikes (starcraft zergling)

equipment: he doesn't carry any equipment beside some dirt he has stashed in his various pockets

skills: he has very little skills since he has had no experience doing things
Adaptability: he can adapt to a variety of situations if the need calls for it, this helps with being a quick learner in the new school environment he is placed in.
Survivability: he can survive on half the required food or water for long periods of time due to living in a poor environment

magical abilities: Zouch has a very unique ability to fully manipulate earth with his will. he is still young and has yet to fully utilize or understand his power. He only has to say a few words for the magic to work.
shape earth: he can shape and move dirt, stone, and mud (later metals) to almost any shape he desires. he can change mud to dirt and dirt to mud. He can made it extremely to the point where it is similar but still weaker than steel.
Enhance Self: he cant yet control this ability but he can infuse himself (much later others) with the dirt to enhance their strength and durability. making them stronger and be able to take more hits.
Earthen companion: his loneliness and need for a companion, he has made himself a friend. The companion takes the shape of the castors imagination. It acts like an obedient dog. It can fully understand its master. It follows its orders to the best of its ability and tries to fulfill to the masters true desire not just the words. it can grow bigger over time.
earthen summons: using the abilities of shaping earth and the companion he can make lesser earth monsters with his will that he has to control for them to act. to have them act he uses his imagination and thinks what he wants them to do but he has to actively think about it for it to work. and they are much weaker than the companion

Weaknesses: His weaknesses is that he cannot control sand very well it is extremely difficult, he his slow and can't make very quick actions so he only has below average elven movements. He has to have some form of dirt or earth to manipulate for his abilities to work.

History: He was raised on the outskirts of a small village near the border closets to the sonniette empire. He lived with only his mother as an only child and they had very little money and lived in a run down earth home. He did not have any friends and was more of an outcast in society. A wealthy magician was traveling through the town when he spotted Zouch with his companion. he talked with the boy and found that he could have a large potential so he offered him a chance at the most prestigious battle school where he can learn his ability. The boy agreed and left after saying goodbye to his mother. He went to the next city over where he was (reluctantly) bathed and shown his ability to some people higher in the magical system and they agreed to get him into the school at his age. he was stealthily enrolled in the school so some people outside would not make such a fuss about this child getting in, instead of others.

Last edited by DinteDarkspear on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 1:55 am

Powers and abilities look good, which is all Mist really has me checking

I'm not sure if Zerglings fit into Mist's lore or not though. The filth may be a uniform violaction too. I have no idea how strict the rules are on that .

Besides that he is freakishly tall for a wood elf, especially one who very well may be prepubescent. From what I read in the plot pages Mist linked to in the intro the average heigh for an adult wood elf is about 5 nothing.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 2:24 am

Ok, Golems and advanced golems. A character with an extremely huge mana pool, even larger than that of Victoria if he is able to mold the elements with his will alone and not spells. I would suggest that you add that he recites spells, they don't have to be incredibly lengthy if he has a large mana pool but they will help with realism in lore.

As far as the uniform goes, he will likely get int lots of trouble for uniform default, but there are npcs who have the same.

We will often be surrounded by water btw, or wettish land where you can be of use. Just keep that in mind.

Ok now everyone is free to post after reading my post. That is a whopping 2700+ words but if you are a bit squeamish you might wanna skip the 'quote'. I will reveal more about Myrillian's little gift later. I will also reveal his plans.

If there are any typos, mistakes or whatnot you can let me know or correct them yourself (should you be able) if what it should be is glaringly obvious. I didn't proofread 'cause it it 2700 words and I was up literally all night waiting for the stuffs I needed to be posted or working on this freaking huge post. Ok now I'm done and you can have fun.

Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 2:31 am

While we're on topic of uniforms is Victoria in violation? I want to know exactly what students are breaking rules so I can call them out appropriately.
Back to top Go down
DinteDarkspear

DinteDarkspear

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 2:47 am

Alright thank you
my bad i misread head shorter as a head taller since high elves are 3 heads taller on average ill correct that
also the zerglings are just golems made through his imagination that's why they don't look like anything that exists as written in the appearance of the character
and I will use words when using abilities
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 8:27 am

The way I see it, most of the teachers will dismiss it as Victoria being unwilling to buy a new skirt. The prim and proper by the book teacher however will be worked up into a fuss by hers and every students who isn't exactly as the uniform describes. By CoC Victoria is likely pushing the line with the skirt and going over it with the clearly visible stockings. That is of course assuming she wears the shorter boots and not the longer ones.

Myrillian is also slightly out with his circlet but all the teachers accept that as a symbol of his status in the empire.

Ok now everyone give me some feedback, what sort of spell do you think I should have forged into the weapon? something the causes arrows to explode on impact? speed up metabolic rate? speed up specifically catabolic or anabolic rate?, cause drowsiness? turn one arrow into a volley of illusionary arrows with only a single real arrow? I'm leaving you guys to think about what you think will help the team best.

Hmm yiu have a good point Aro. Vaas is already posted interest so the rp will be closed to further applications barring those who have posted interest prior to this post. Anyway do you want me to continue writing whopper posts or would you prefer a smaller word count?

Last edited by Mist on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 8:34 am

Mist, I would recommend closing off this RP to new members now. There are a lot of people and it'll be hard for some (aka me) to keep up.
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddenforums.rpg-board.net
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:33 am

While I haven't read it yet the lenght of Hawk bro's history made me feel like revealing more of mine. I'll be going into more detail of Irile's early years and editing into my bio sometime in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:37 am

Ok now everyone give me some feedback, what sort of spell do you think I should have forged into the weapon? something the causes arrows to explode on impact? speed up metabolic rate? speed up specifically catabolic or anabolic rate?, cause drowsiness? turn one arrow into a volley of illusionary arrows with only a single real arrow? I'm leaving you guys to think about what you think will help the team best.

This will be edited into the bio. I am just starting to feel as though Myr is being dwarfed by some of the characters so this should help lift him up a bit. This and hids potions, you never know what he might pull out after all.

Hmm you have a good point Aro. Vaas is already posted interest so the rp will be closed to further applications barring those who have posted interest prior to this post. Anyway do you want me to continue writing whopper posts or would you prefer a smaller word count?
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:47 am

Quote :
am just starting to feel as though Myr is being dwarfed by some of the characters so this should help lift him up a bit.
Wasn't the idea of your character him getting by on tactical genius alone?

There is always the option of poisoning your arrows. I suggested that to you forever and a half ago. At the same time I said how a gun would be superior in almost every situation.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 10:13 am

Yes, though he would rather be able to capture some of the enemy units and He would become involved in the battle itself as support. I also designed him to favor magic over technology despite is use of a gun, so a magic forged bow feels more comfortable to him. He will remain mainly in support and tactics but he will have some ability on the battle field. The illusionary arrow idea is somewhat appealing to me though, and I will reduce the delay of the paralysis potion

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:57 am

Evee, Rathion doesn't have his shield, he's unarmed xD
Back to top Go down
brennie42

brennie42

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 1:01 pm

The cone of silence is stationary, and there is nothing keeping her in there, it's just an area of noise cancellation.

Umbra

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 5:55 pm

Considering my character's whole personality is built around her endless talking, I think it would have been prudent to ask before silencing her. That is why I ignored that in my next post. I don't mean to sound angry or even annoyed by it, I'm not. I just want to make it clear that she is not silenced and only stopped talking at the end of my last post.

Also my bad Aroro just ignore that then.

Last edited by Evee on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Ok, putting this notice up for everyone. There is a maximum of 3 minutes ic activity before complete post block until Monday or Drummy and Darth post their characters reactions.

Please adhere to this. It will hopefully soon be rendered irrelevant. Thank you, Mist.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:13 pm

So three minutes IC from what point in time?
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:16 pm

From Hawks post. Just because I dn't think a Dragon ball z type thing were three minutes spans multiple quarter hour episodes is a good idea or consistent
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Um what if we want to time skip a little? Like moving from the meeting to our dorm for instance?
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:20 pm

Be patient Aroro! I'll be posting soon.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:27 pm

aro, are you going to time-skip past the entire meeting with Myr? you will be out soon after that and you get 2 hours free time.
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:38 pm

No I was just saying, that'd be more than three minutes. How long is this post thingie going to last? You said it will hopefully become irrelevant soon?
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:43 pm

Till Drummy and Darth post or Monday comes around. It shouldn't be too long, the other option was a deadline of tomorrow and everyone else faces Myr's punishment.
Back to top Go down
Einselar

Einselar

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 2:02 am

I have no clue what the hell I was writing. I fell into character. And holy cow. Ummmmmmmmmm. Legion's kinda funny. and weird. and spontaneous.
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 8:45 am

Um, hi guys. Trying to work on a post here and maybe will have it up shortly.

My main concern is the whole Sigs in the IC thing. There are some pretty big Sigs out there and I would really appreciate it if you guys would not use them in the IC, it makes the posts a little bit more jumbled and harder to read. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 8:47 am

I don't think people can turn off their sigs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Legacy of Conquest
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next