The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story

Go down 
+15
Green-Eyed Demon
Lizzy_the_Neko
The Dark Princess
nield
Riprose
Lord Coake
TheDarknessOfLoyalty
Einselar
Dethhollow
Vulkan
Riffus Maximus
Chronos
Selieno
Rorschach
Aroro
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Mist

Mist

The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 12:46 am

'K Aro I changed her affinity to a natural resistance to the magic. I decided to let that stem from her parents being, well you know and what they did to her. Basically she built up a sort of resistance to that form of magic and this resistance, while not as powerful is still active when she is not holding Hera.
Back to top Go down
Vulkan
The Adowibbible One
Vulkan

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:17 am

Quote :
Ryan O'Connor O'Neill O'Reilly O'Sullivan O'Doherty O'Connell O'Farrell O'Callaghan O'Rourke Griffin

who is also italian? XD
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:21 am

Vulkan wrote:
Quote :
Ryan O'Connor O'Neill O'Reilly O'Sullivan O'Doherty O'Connell O'Farrell O'Callaghan O'Rourke Griffin

who is also italian? XD

SOMEONE GOT THE JOKE
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:27 am

Okie dokie La Sol, accepted!
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddenforums.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 2:46 pm

Name: Aeon Erund

Race: Human

Class: Paladin

*Appearance: Aeon is about 6’8” the same as his long lost brother Drake Erund. In addition he has a scar over his left eye. His hair is a light brown and is very shaggy. Also his eyes are a light blue. He wears a full solid armor, with golden engravings on the chest plate. For better details look at this link http://artfiles.alphacoders.com/150/15055.jpg

*Items/Apparel: He also carries the usual supplies around in his pack. He also has a sword which is made of a very special material, which is incredibly hard, and almost impossible to break. Another property of this sword is that it won't dull because of the incredible material.

Personality: He is serious half of the time and playful the other half of the time. He is very loyal and forms very close bonds when he meets friends. Though he flirts a lot of the time, he is always faithful.

**History: N/A
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:55 am

Accepted, Trib.

Im going to be off the forums for a little while. Bunny permission granted to Max for Rhea and Guilio and to Van for Katiana. Just avoid using speech, just have them tag along till you guys get to wherever you wanna be.

It's pretty much a sandbox so until I get back and can reveal more of the plot, try to stick to character interaction and maybe random battles with ogres, orcs, goblins, each other :)
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:24 am

Sorry for not posting, just some IRL got in the way.
EDIT: Wait, wait a minute...
Where the hell did Katherine jump to? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:28 pm

Katherine is now inside of a castle near the town. Basically, they're going to stay there to rest up a bit after The Chosen destroyed Katiana's old house that they were going to stay at, but now Ryan's outside trying to take (I assume) Katiana's giant sword. So I can only assume she stole it and now they've gone and angered a 9ft leprechaun who kills people just for approaching him.

Meanwhile, Nate and Shadows found another scythe transformer and have finally met up with Jackal.

I should REALLY edit that with my discription of what happened earlier to have like a complete history of the RP so far.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Hey Aroro I'm going to reforge Katherine's sword IC. Just gonna smooth it out and make it gold, or platinum or something for cosmetics. It's still sentient, but nothing else padded. Just a heads up in case people might think I'm making something like a Manaflayer or something v.v
Back to top Go down
Vaas

Vaas

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:50 am

Posted. Ach will be just be a bit static till you guys regroup with Ethan, might post him exploring the place or something later.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 7:38 pm

Shit's hit the fan >.<

Y u gotta be like dat Max?! Now I have to interact with other characters T.T
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 7:41 pm

Shaking you from your lonesome shell and making you interact with peeps to make your life miserable!

Mwahahahahah!
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 7:44 pm

The Undertaker wrote:
Shaking you from your lonesome shell and making you interact with peeps to make your life miserable!

Mwahahahahah!

SEE?! YOU KNOW I DISLIKE IT

YOU'RE SO EVIL D:
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 8:06 pm

I'm so evil, my avvy is laughing at your misery!
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 8:10 pm

The Undertaker wrote:
I'm so evil, my avvy is laughing at your misery!

Jokes on you. Ryan's coming for you now D:<
Back to top Go down
Lord Coake

Lord Coake

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Name: Zhang Wei

Race: Yajin(A race identical to humans, only with a higher physical and magical strength, and a special transformation called Super Yajin, which is first reached in a time of great need, then can be used whenever afterwards.)

Class: Mage, Element: Ki

Spells:
1: Kaio-ken: This spell enhances Zhang's physical abilities, but in the process drains his life force. It has five levels: at level 1, he is slightly above the norm, can maintain it for an entire week if necessary, and it only drains a small portion of his life. At level 2, it brings him up to twice the strength and speed he normally has, he can maintain it for about 4 days, and he only loses about a 6th of his life force. At level 3, he is 4 times stronger and faster than a normal human, can maintain it for a day and a half, and loses 1/4 of his life force. At level 4, Zhang is 5 times stronger and faster, can maintain it for half a day, and it drains 1/3 of his life force. At level 5, he is 10 times stronger and faster, can maintain it for only 10 minutes, and loses 9/10 of his life force.

2: Ki blast: Zhang launches either a small, medium, or large ball of pure Ki energy, doing damage proportionate to the size.

Appearance: Zhang is 5' 10", weighs 178 pounds, and is of a lean, muscular build. His hair is medium legth, spiked up, and light brown. He has a flawless and smooth face, that features a pointed nose, and ends in a pointed chin.

Items/Apparel: Zhang wears a martial arts outfit, consisting of a Gi top, bottom, and a black waist belt. He wears no shoes. His only weapon is his body, which he uses thanks to his extensive training in Jeet Kune Do

Personality: Very kind and considerate, always trying to make friends out of people, but will fight if necessary. He is quick to talk his way out of bad situations.

Personality: Very kind and considerate, always trying to make friends out of people, but will fight if necessary. He is quick to talk his way out of bad situations.

Last edited by Cave Johnson on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Azrael Bloodraven wrote:

Jokes on you. Ryan's coming for you now D:<

Well then, the fun has just begun.

Good luck on finding Jackal, and knowing for sure he's the culprit. All his attacks were made hidden to the eyes of the public, beside the last one, and those who did ended being victims to his rampage.

Woah, the postbox intereface sure is giving me some troubles.
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Okay so maybe I should make a little push plot wise....

Quick, pick a number between one and ten!
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 1:57 pm

3!
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 2:00 pm

The Undertaker wrote:
3!
Back to top Go down
Lizzy_the_Neko

Lizzy_the_Neko

Location : In many different lands...Feudal Japan, The Land of Ninjas, Old England, The World of Demons, Exorcists, and Angels...Oh the many places I am part of!!! I wish right now however that I lived in Japan...Or even Korea!

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 2:00 pm

5765893!!!!!!!!!! YEEEAAAHHH BOOOOOYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 3:55 am

I was hoping to join this RP even though I seem to be pretty late to the game. It looks like you're still open to newcomers since someone else posted a character Thursday. Its just that this is the most popular RP on this forum by far, and the people in the chatbox made it sound really fun. That and I figured this might help me understand what everyone is talking about in the chatbox.

Could someone help me catch up a bit and maybe offer some suggestions as to get get involved? 24 pages is a lot of back reading to do. I paged through most of the bios and I saw someone posted a summary a few pages back in the OoC, but things seem to be moving pretty fast.

Name: Gideon Bruin

Race:Human

Class: Warrior with roguish tendencies, or rogue with warrior tendencies

*Appearance: Gideon is 6'3" tall and weighs 180 lbs (with the variance in this RP I decided "tall" was insufficient). He has a wiry build; his muscles are not only large, but exceptionally well defined due to a complete lack of excess body fat. He has bronze skin and short dark brown hair. He is often coated in sweat, blood, dust, and mud. Even when he is clean, he is not well trimmed. All of his nails are regularly chewed, his hair is cut unevenly by a sharp stone or shattered bone, and his face is regularly unshaven. His eyes are light green, and constantly fidget, darting around nonstop to gather information. He has several scars, primarily punctures from animal teeth and slashes from claws and talons, centered largely around his hands, face, and back. These scars are all old and faded, barely visible unless seen from up close.

*Items/Apparel: Gideon's clothing and armor looks like a patchwork project, because that is exactly what it is. Most of his apparel was crafted with his own hands out of the pelts and bones of assorted animals, largely wolves, bears, and other large mammals although he sometimes uses feathers and beaks for decoration. The only piece he did not make himself is a small silver bracelet he traded for and wears on his right wrist. He rarely wears shoes and his chest is often bear. He sometimes caries small tools and weapons such as knives made out of bones, sticks, and rocks. He crafts new clothing and supplies as needed and discards things once they've become worn.

Personality: Gideon has lived most of his life in isolation. He thrives in seclusion and is generally untrusting of others. He is uncomfortable in heavily populated areas and feels most comfortable in the wilderness. Historically, his interactions with other humans has been solely for the purposes of barter. Most of his time is spent in a survival mode, he is constantly focused on tending to his physical needs.

**History: Gideon spent his earliest years living a life of luxury in a small town on the edge of an ever dwindling forest. His family's great wealth made them the focus of most of the gossip in town. This combined with the superstitious nature of people and the hatred and paranoia of magic folk lead to a catastrophe when his blossoming imagination was misconstrued by the family gardener. Young Gideon had developed a tendency of "talking" to animals which lead to an angry mod hanging both of his parents and him barely escaping into the surrounding wilderness.

Miraculously, he managed to survive on his own. Overtime the hatred spewed from the rumors of supposed magic powers became replaced with a fear of a savage who would brutally kill anyone who entered his woods with malice intentions. As he grew older his range expanded greatly, although he always returned to his home forest every few years, if for no other reason than to ensure no one has grown brazen enough to cut it down. While he mostly kept to himself, he would sometimes deal with travelers, offering goods or services in return for materials that he could not produce in the forest. He has a keen eye for jewelry and knickknacks, and has been known to trade for sufficiently shiny coins even though currency holds next to no value to him.

Skills & abilities Gideon has developed a wide repertoire of skills and abilities from his lifetime spent mastering the wilderness.

Heightened awareness: His senses appear to be much keener than a normal human, this is due to an increased attention to detail. He is able to discern a large number of stimuli of the smallest magnitudes such as the movements of a mouse traveling across a forest floor or of the owl hunting that mouse.

Mimicry: much of Gideon's knowledge and skills were obtained through imitation. His outstanding muscle memory and attention to detail allows him to adapt and modify his technique (combat or otherwise) through observation. He has also learned to copy the different calls of a wide variety of animals.

Poison resistance: through (accidental) repeated exposure Gideon has developed resistances and immunities to a range of naturally occurring poisons and venoms. He can eat small quantities of some species of berries that could quickly kill other humans.

Apex predator: Wherever he travels, Gideon is the top of the food chain. He has proven capable of killing just about every animal he has encountered, even without weaponry or preparation. He has incredible, disproportionate strength, perhaps do to a steady and increased circulation of adrenaline. He is a savage, feral fighter, acting largely on instinct and years of instinct. If he strategizes, it is done it an instantaneous speed and on an unconscious level. Besides being a master at unarmed combat he is excellent at using provisional weapons, such as stones, sticks, animal remains, live animals, or even furniture should he find himself in the appropriate environment. In the wilderness he is a master of both stealth and tracking, able to avoid the keenest of animals or hunt the most elusive. He has also has a working knowledge of the foods, medicines, and dangers of most of the geographical region, excluding the towns and cities.

Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:50 am

^This bio should be accepted on terms of sheer badassery
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 9:12 am

It's accepted, Drummy!

does anyone wanna do the summary? TBH I get lost in TFA too because of all the posters...
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 9:35 am

;O

*swoops in on a jungle vine, but it tore and snapped*

*lands in a pit of tigers and mauled to death, but a lone note survives*

Quote :

Well met stranger! I was on my way to deliver this TFA: ASAS, but by now I should be devoured by carniverous jungle cats. Hopefully this note survived, so you may read this. *ehem*

It all started within a tavern with many of the cast meeting up for the first time, merriment and bewilderment of men being tossed by giant black men and barmaids being called slurs, a guy with a guitar playing sick beats and a woman and her lugnut brother scouting for those of the arcane prowess. The woman lit the place on fire, everyone getting out. More cast were introduced, including a sentient metamorphic scythe and a werewolf who loves to sit on rooftops.

The two began a kindling relationship while the tavern was kindled enough by ravenous flames, and everyone ran off. The black man was a Paladin, albeit one who didn't like fighting mages. He was killed by Mages after they collapsed his cottage on him, protecting his foster daughters. The Mages ran, the scythe and the wolf had a one-night stand, and Team Good went to buy ice cream.

Fast forward on, more characters would appear. Another metamorphic scythe, a lady who's a heart of flowers, a crazy Paladin with a short-lived screen time and a giant Leprechaun with a name 7 words too long. The Paladin attacked the flower girl, and a Chosen Mage who loved to play sweet guitar melodies appeared. He came close to overloading, and collapsed a castle. The foster daughters of the long dead black man were saved by the Leprechaun, and a man similar to Son Goku appeared, giving assistance.

The lycan and his scythe gal became werewolves and slumbered in a cave, the mages ran away, yet again, and a mysterious force is in need of mages to forge an antimage weapon called MANAFLAYER!

I hope that helps. Noe, please tell my wife and kids I left my bank card on the fridge top please? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story   The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Forbidden Art: Another Side, Another Story
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next