The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Abominations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Umbra

Umbra

The Abominations Empty
PostSubject: The Abominations   The Abominations EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 11:52 am

I wanted a chance to use this character from one of Mist's old rps. If anyone has questions, please let me know via PM.

I will only be taking one partner and I will choose based on the CS that appeals to me the most. Please don't be upset if it is not you.

Setting: Earth, 2120

Thirty years ago, a man stepped in front of a live feed for a national news program and lit himself on fire. This shocked the world, the fact that he stood there laughing and did not die left them speechless. The man repeatedly extinguished the flames at will, then re-lit them with no fuel or spark. After about two minutes of this, a woman appeared out of nowhere and grabbed his arm, then they both vanished.

This was the first time that the world learned of the existence of mutants; or as the world calls them, the abominations. Instantly they were met with fear and hatred. The world united in an effort to wipe them out. The mutants united in an attempt to defend themselves. A great and terrible battle ensued, millions died. By the end, seven years later, the humans had won. The abominations had been wiped out. As far as the humans knew, not a single one was left alive.

The armies disbanded and the world went back to a relative state of peace. The government had used the incident to gain more power for itself and now most of the world is run by the American government, which is now a dictatorship thinly disguised as a democracy.

Having any kind of power is absolutely illegal and punishable by death without a trial.

My character:

We (your character and mine) are the last surviving mutants. Two years have passed since the end if the war. Only a very secret government agency known as the Company is aware of our existence and they are actively hunting us.

I would prefer a female partner (as in a female IC character) but I will consider anyone.

There is no magic, powers have to be a result of a mutation. Though they can be affected by high tech equipment, but only to a limited degree.

This can be romance or not. We can plan it in advance or let it happen IC. Either way sounds good to me.

I am not looking for any cliche characters. No tsunderes. I mean, they can be but it would have to take some sort of fresh approach on it.

Keep in mind that I will be posting every Tuesday, and it would be rare for me to post any other day. On the plus side, you always know when to expect a post.

All the usual rules apply.

Code:

[b]Name[/b]:

[b]Age/gender:[/b]

[b]Country of origin:[/b] (we will start in USA but you can be from anywhere)

[b]Appearance[/b]: ( I do not mind if you use pics but no anime. Use fantasy (like cgi) or real life)

[b]Equipment[/b]: (Tech is semi-futuristic)

[b]Skills[/b]: (Give a description and a list of some trademark moves or abilities, that doesn't mean they are limited to only those moves though)

[b]Weaknesses[/b]:

[b]History[/b]:

Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

The Abominations Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Abominations   The Abominations EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 2:09 pm

Can you clarify the dates for me. This is what I think the timeline is. 2220 first mutant. 2241 war started. 2248 war ended. 2250 present. Is that right?

My bio:
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

The Abominations Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Abominations   The Abominations EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 4:43 pm

I am realizing I completely botched that timeline. Soooo...2120 was meant to be the present day. So 2090, first mutant. The war was in full swing by 2101. It ended with the mutant's defeat in 2118 and two years later, the rp starts. Sound good?
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

The Abominations Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Abominations   The Abominations EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 5:04 pm

Drummeh! Great bio and, as you said in the pm, the winner by default. I don't think you really need to be so restrictive with her ability. It isn't combat related and her vision is still limited by physical barriers and stuff. Its your choice but you can increase the range and tone down the weaknesses if you want to. Either way it is a cool idea, very unique.

I may do a starting post today but I will wait and see if you get on first.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

The Abominations Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Abominations   The Abominations EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:52 pm

I'll only be posting on the weekends for a few weeks, and maybe not at all until the twelfth. Finals week on top of start of school is not fun.
Back to top Go down
Riprose
Regular Cowboy
Regular Cowboy
Riprose

The Abominations Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Abominations   The Abominations EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 10:23 am

Winner? This was a competition? *Slumps in glumminess*
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

The Abominations Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Abominations   The Abominations EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 5:34 pm

OK Drumdrum.

And no Rip,it wasn't really a competition. I just say stuff sometimes. Half the time I don't even know what the hell I am taking about.

Seriously though if you want to submit a character, I will definitely consider mako two of these.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

The Abominations Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Abominations   The Abominations EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 8:20 pm

Don't lie to spare his feelings. There was a contest and I won.

I'll remove all her eye related weaknesses and give them instant regeneration (which makes more sense considering she can atomize them at will) to make you happy. I'd also like to point out, obstructions aren't that big of a deal to her vision, since she can just move the eye wherever is convenient, even if that means putting it inside a locked and air sealed room.
Back to top Go down
Riprose
Regular Cowboy
Regular Cowboy
Riprose

The Abominations Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Abominations   The Abominations EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 1:04 am

Name: Evelyn Miller

Age/gender: 23/Female

Country of origin: Ireland

Appearance: Evelyn stands at about 5' 4", and is lighter than most girls her age, being slim, but well muscled. She is modestly curved, but is able to make what curves she posses work for her in the best of ways, without appearing immodest in the slightest. She refuses outright to wear makeup, and it was often a point of tension between her and her family. Her skin seems to have a perpetual tan, a darker brown than the lighter parts of her body that she leaves covered. Her eyes are a dark green, flecked with spots of gold, and the alight everytime she smiles or laughs. Her hair is a light auburn, red with a few natural tinges of brown. She styles it in many different ways, though currently, it's cut short in a pixie like manner. She has a cute little button nose, and her lips are pale, and just a shy on the thin side. The odd freckle dots her face here and there, but her skin is mostly clear. A diamond shines in her nose, and both her ears posses a multitude of piercings, as well as one on her belly button. Tattooed on her back is the image of a rose, with a spiderweb of cracks covering most of the image without obscuring it beyond recognition. Evelyn's wardrobe consists mostly of skirts and jeans, with a few tops to match. Her favorite outfit is a pair of form fitting blue jeans and a black tank top. She only owns one pair of shoes; A pair of red converse tennis shoes, with cracks carefully drawn on the toes.

Equipment: Evelyn carries an ancient katana, forged in Feudal Japan during the high point of the samurai occupation. She slings it across her back, and wears the hilt just over her right shoulder. On her hip she carries a measly .38 Special revolver, for long range combat. She wears a pair of stylish framed glasses on her eyes, not only because she has bad eyesight (And they're not bad looking), but also because they offer an integrated HUD, multiple types of visions, including night and thermal modes, and can also tap into the world wide web, allowing her to pull up any topic she wishes, at almost any time. She carries a satchel across her chest that contains a variety of survival tools.

Skills:Main Power: Kinetic Energy Manipulation Evelyn is extremely adept at manipulating the kinetic energy in someone's body and her own. She can perform most of the feats on this list, except for teleportation, and the supernova.
Secondary Power Atomic Vision Evelyn is able to perceive tension points and faults in organic and inorganic objects, though she has a much harder time manipulating organic beings. The most she is able to do with organics is causing or easing pain by way of pressure points and old wounds. The things she can do with inorganic objects are much more limitless, ranging from complete destruction to reinforcing something to the point of near-invulnerability.

First aid: Evelyn has a comprehensive knowledge of the human body, and has studied medicine since a young age. Her Atomic sight mutant power allows her to be even more effective as a doctor, allowing her to see just about every ouch and hurt on a body.

Multilingual: Evelyn is fluent in english, irish, french, and speaks a smattering of spanish.

Swordplay: Evelyn is an expert practitioner of the ancient japanese art of swordplay, kenjutsu, and is especially gifted at the art of iaido, or the act of drawing the blade, striking, flicking the blood from the blade, and re-sheathing the blade, all in the same motion.

Roaring thunder: Evelyn strikes with her blade, increasing the kinetic energy behind her strike using her mutant powers. This allows her to inflict much more damage than she would normally be able to, and can devastate an opponent not strong enough or equipped to counter such an attack.

Shattered Glass: Using her atomic vision, Evelyn draws her blade quickly, strikes a weak point on her opponents body, and sheathes her sword all in one motion, leaving the body to bleed out far after she has put away her blade.

Weaknesses: She's a little spoiled, and her wit gets her in trouble a lot. If her vision is obscured or prevented, one of her powers is nullified completely. Though she can manipulate and shield herself from Kinetic energy, other types of energy, like electricity and heat, are effective on her.

History: Evelyn was the test tube grown daughter of a mutant geneticist during the war. The other half of her genes was given by a human, who led a multi million dollar corporate conglomerate. She was brought to normal, baby age maturity just before the war started, and on her third birthday, the first conflicts broke out. Her mother was quickly recruited for the war effort, and she was placed in the care of her father, who elected to hide her. It is here that her memory begins to get fuzzy. She can only recall cold, long hours of training using her sword, and the comforting feeling of fur against her skin. Her amnesia will surely pass with time, but for now, she only knows her early years, and the very recent history.

Last edited by Riprose on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

The Abominations Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Abominations   The Abominations EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 8:09 am

Umbra wrote:
I am realizing I completely botched that timeline. Soooo...2120 was meant to be the present day. So 2090, first mutant. The war was in full swing by 2101. It ended with the mutant's defeat in 2118 and two years later, the rp starts. Sound good?

Just now saw this post. This totally messes up the dates my characters back story. She was chased out of her home before the war. That would make her....27 now.

The first post says the war was 7 years.
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

The Abominations Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Abominations   The Abominations EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 10:46 pm

Love her, Rip. Give me some time to make a character that matches her better than Naida. I don't think they would work well but I have a new idea I want to try anyways.
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

The Abominations Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Abominations   The Abominations EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 5:54 pm

Rip!

I decided to make her a very offensive character like yours. I figure they are both kind of on a mission and they can meet and work together. I assume Evelyn is on a mission to get answers about her lost memories... maybe that isnt true but either way. Here she is and I will start an IC soon.

Funn:
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

The Abominations Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Abominations   The Abominations EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 1:39 am

If I didn't give you enough to react to let me know and I can continue my post. Or if Nadia has a reaction but you think it's too brief for a whole post let me know and I can include that in my continuation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Abominations Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Abominations   The Abominations Empty

Back to top Go down

The Abominations
Page 1 of 1