The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Legacy of Conquest

Go down 
+11
Hydrattler
ReiXAsuka
Umbra
Aroro
TheDarknessOfLoyalty
Lord Coake
CoolMusette
brennie42
Einselar
Drummy
Mist
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 9:45 pm

Quote :
the tech that we should see here would be 18th -19th century tech.
I thought we said it was going to be 1970-1980ish tech? That is 20th century. Not to mention that the P90 one the accepted characters is wielding was not invented until the 90s.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Oh ok so 20th century tech. I am really terrible with history :P
Main point is that tech would not support hand held devices that could manipulate atoms.
Back to top Go down
CoolMusette

CoolMusette

Location : On fire. Ninjas can't catch you when you're on fire...

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 12:24 pm

So is my character accepted? Or do you still want me to change some things around, and if you do, what?
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 12:36 pm

Mist hasn't voiced any concerns regarding your character as far as lore goes, and I don't see anything wrong with balance (which is all he is consulting me for), if anything I'd be worried about your character's ability to keep up with the others.

Since I saw the little training thing (no you don't need to change anything) I'd like to share my understanding that most characters would have recieved most of their combat training at the academy. Exceptions to this may include characters who grew up where their craft was heavily ingrained to their culture (like my character with firearms, but she has still had lots of training in school), or had training in earlier schooling whether it was another school or private tutoring,something the aristocrats would likely have.

Also I wouldn't object to you possessing some enchanted equipment to level the field a bit if you want to go that way, even if you don't include it in your bio the GMs may decide to bless you with it early on IC.

I'm not sure I actually gave a straight answer for all that rambling I just did. Yes your bio is approved as is.
Back to top Go down
CoolMusette

CoolMusette

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 1:01 pm

When I had said little training, I had meant little training at home at Chateau Wraith. Then I was wondering if I could get my sword to, at will, burst into flame, cauterizing wounds and dealing extra damage and my Browning to, at will, wreath it's bullets with an icy chill causing frostbite when it hits, neither of these harm whoever is wielding them.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 1:04 pm

I have no problems with that, though I think it would be better for the sword not to cauterize wounds. I would want my opponent to bleed, maybe you could control the heat to an extent. You'd need higher heats to get much of an advantage of metal contructs than you would on human flesh. This may eat at your mana though. I'm not sure exactly how enchantments work in Mist's world.
Back to top Go down
CoolMusette

CoolMusette

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 2:02 pm

The other thing about cauterized wounds though, is that they are extremely hard to heal, even with magic.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Ok, you wanna know about enchanted items. In this case you are actually using charmed items (See sorcerers). Charmed items do not actively drain mana but if not crafted in a specific fashion they will require mana investments for the charm to remain functional. An important question for your weapon is wether it was forged as a magical item( in which case it will have a prefix or suffix to acknowledge this) or wether it was charmed some time after it was made. The first type is pricier than the second, especially when custom made in which case pricing can be similar to purchasing it's weight in gold. The second only costs the spells worth.

Also to note is that the first can vary in power depending on who's using it. This is mainly affected by how well the materials sync with the users aura. Elemental affinity, ancestory and race can influence this along personality. If you wish I can go deeper into magical forged items and how they are powered.
Back to top Go down
CoolMusette

CoolMusette

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:01 pm

Could you go into deeper detail please?
Back to top Go down
Einselar

Einselar

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Name: Legion
Race: Magical Anomaly

Appearance: Softly glowing silver mist when not within a host. Hosts eyes glow soft silver.
Equipment: None
Personality: Chatty and egotistic. Essentially a Toddler with the IQ of Einstein or higher.
Dislikes: Killing hosts, Going Berserk, Meanies.

History: Created in a fluke accident attempting to make a magical machine, Legion quickly possessed his creator upon birth. Confused by the chaos and explosions around him, Legion went Berserk and went on a rampage, smashing the nearby blocks to rubble and flailing around randomly until his host collapsed. Since then he has faded under the radar, seen only when a magical uprising gains great power and then dies when almost to their goal. He’s tired of being manipulated and just wants to live peacefully but always seems to get caught up in some rebellion or another. Maybe he is just a being of chaos, after all, he’s split into up to 15 personalities before…..

Strengths: Can enter host granting magical powers and senses. Berserk mode enhances all of these to the point of immortality Berserk mode is entered when Legion is in a severely negative emotional state.
Weaknesses: Berserk mode directly drains the host’s life force undetectably meaning the host could drop dead at any time. Also, in a situation with high magical energy, Legion can split into more personalities stuck permanently in berserk mode that infect the nearest host, ultimately killing them.
Legion is ineffective and weak when not in a host.

Legion’s buffs (B means in Berserk mode):
Glide: Host can glide for 100 yards. (B host can fly)
True Sight: Host can see wavering forms of other planes or magically hidden beings (B can clearly see all the planes at will.)
Chilling beam: Host can fire a beam that chills the target (B Host fires beams at -100 degrees Celsius, killing and freezing anything it hits.

This Character MUST be paired with someone else. PM me or post in the OOC if you want to team characters.
Back to top Go down
CoolMusette

CoolMusette

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:20 pm

I would be willing to pair with you. My character is a non magic user.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:26 pm

Powers look good Ein. Wait on Mist to see if everything fits alright into the lore.

Last edited by Drummy on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:33 pm

ok, Magically forged weapons link themselves to their user's mana. By linking the weapon essentially creates it's own mana gateway and hence gains it's own mana. The size of this gateway corresponds directly to the strength of the connection between the wielder and their weapon.

Magically forged weapons have a number of components, these are
*the casing (this could be plant, mineral or even animal should it be bone or mythril and it refers to the outer shell of the weapon which is visible)
*the core (this is usually a part of an organism, whether it be a feather, a fossil piece or even a nerve. This is found at the very center of the weapon.)
*the element (literally just a what element the item is aligned to, this is done through spell work on the casing.)
*the crystallized spell (a spell cast into a solidified mana projection.)
*the blood (literally what blood was used to make the weapon)
*the time (this relates to the time of day and day in a solar cycle in which the weapon was crafted.)
*the phase of the moons ( this relates to what phase each of the moons [Merdit and Sheiral] were in during the weapons crafting)
*the weather (this refers to what the weather was like during the crafting of the weapon)
*the lighting (this refers to how much and what sort of light was present while the weapon was crafted. It could be sunny, pitch back, fire light or any other source of light or lack thereof.)

As should be obvious, no two magically forged weapons are alike. Each weapon is somewhat unique and responds to every aura differently. Custom made items are obviously more likely o be more powerful in the owners hands as they are more likely to have liking attributes such as blood, race and possibly personality.

If you want more, mention specifically what you want.

Hmm, the idea intrigues me. It would be possible and likely to happen in the thousand and millions of years that the word has existed. I would like to know a few things though. I would like to know if Legion can only communicate with it's host and what it can actually accomplish aside from it's host wile it is hosting said being? To better put it, I would like to know how closely you will have to work with your host and how yours posts would affect everyone who is not a host.

The planes thing though worries me a bit. That would suggest he can see the various elemental planes, the river of time (a plane of it's own), the three realms of the dead and other places that mortals should not see. Thee are creatures in some planes that will literally just fry the brain of any mortal who sees its true form  which could also lead to problems. i would suggest either making the power similar to that of an arcana or limiting the number of planes they can see. They should no be able to see any more than one plane of death nor should they be able to see the river of time or the void. Arcanae are able to see a bit of the nether world or first plane of death which is the only one any mortal should be able to see.

Only dwarves can forge mythril. there are a few other races that have mythril, which leads to it having a few names. Mythril is also called Dwarfs beard, fairy dust and dragon scale tough only the dwarves can actually form it into a usable textile. Mythril is harder than diamond, just to be clear, but does decompose over time at the same rate as other organic textiles. If mixed with a metal it can last a number of lifetimes.

Last edited by Mist on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:42 pm

Only dwarves can use Mythril right? Or is it simply that only dwarves can forge it? Mythril bullets would be pretty nifty.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:57 pm

Drummy, check the above post. boy is that a lot. enchanted and charmed items, plus my thoughts on Legion plus something on mythril.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:08 pm

How hard would it be to acquire Mythril bullets? You can never have too much firepower.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:14 pm

For your character, probably fairly easy. She could likely ask dwarven neighbors to use some of their beards in making bullets for her. There would also be order forms and perhaps some in stock in the school under strict teacher supervision. i would say it is not too difficult but it is generally not all that common.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm

In that case can we assume all my bullets are made of mytrhil?
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:18 pm

Sure. i might have Myr receive a custom forged bow during the rp. it would fit considering his families wealth. It won't be too strong though.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:27 pm

One step closer to becoming a god of destruction. My plans are comming along excellently.
Back to top Go down
Einselar

Einselar

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:31 pm

For purpose of seeing the planes, it is simply the spiritual plane and full sight of those magically hidden on the first plane.

Interaction is not limited to being with the host. Legion can speak to those outside of his host. As far as working with the host, I believe that we will work through PMs and chat to write posts, though the host has full permission to bunny Legion as far as powers go. Legion is mostly the irritating comic relief.
Back to top Go down
CoolMusette

CoolMusette

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Do magically forged weapons have to get their magic from the host, or can they get their magic from their own source. And how would my aura affect them in your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 11:21 pm

From my understanding the generic weapons with magic added on are fueled by mana, and the fancypants ones provide there own mana but somehow react positively when in the hands of the right person, like maybe the weapon tries harder or something?

I think since you're character is an upperclassmen it would be reasonable for him to craft his own gobbitty goop weapon as part of a project he had in one of his courses.

Also, I think since Ein's character cant' be an actual student for obvious reasons it may be good for him to wait until the first big fight breaks out to jump in. It makes sense since he is attracted to magical conflicts or some other whohaa.
Back to top Go down
Einselar

Einselar

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:46 am

Aye. Makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 7:45 am

Ok, I'm fine with Einz' character.

Drummy is pretty much dead on with the working. For the ones that are forged with magic, they provide their ow mana but need to react with an aura which can achieve a positive or negative effect. They will always react to the wielders aura. Finally I ca't say off the bat how it will be affected by your aura. each weapon reacts to each and every aura differently. With magically forged weapons, the power of the spell can not be increased but only decreased as it uses less mana.

I would suggest that your character do the forging class for the weapon though, you don't seem like you would have all that much money so forging your own weapon will likely get you a better sync than buying a weapon off the market.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Legacy of Conquest
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next