The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Journey - Full

Go down 
+11
Riprose
Green-Eyed Demon
Aroro
Chronos
TheDarknessOfLoyalty
Kinzville
Riffus Maximus
Lord Coake
Paradox
Drummy
Torik Valgard
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

The Journey - Full - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:35 pm

TJByrum wrote:
From here on out I will conditionally accept new players that are male (we have 5 females and 1 male), and are more humanoid.

Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:36 pm

Woops. Nevermind then.
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddenforums.rpg-board.net
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Name: Vaslav Romanov
Age/Race/Gender: 27, Enhanced Human, Male
Appearance: Before becoming an Enhanced Human Vaslav was five-foot-three, seventy-four pounds and very sickly. He had albino skin, black hair with various cream-colored patches and yellow-ish colored eyes. He was a very sick child and young adult, barely being able to lift a finger without exactly succumbing to excruciating pain and agony. However now he has reached a stage of near physical perfection. He stands at six-foot-five and weighs one hundred-and-forty six pounds and full of youthful vigor. He has fair skin, maroon-red shoulder-length hair with sharp bangs that come over the right side of his face in such a way that if covers his right eye. He can still see perfectly through the hair. His eyes are a sharp gray

Armor/Clothing: Vaslav dons a gray sleeveless shirt with a short-sleeved mesh armor underneath with a black poncho and black sash around his waist, accompanied with a dark gray apron over his black pants with simple straw sandals. Believe it or not the clothing have as good a defence as heavy armor, given their magical properties
Weapon(s): Vaslav carries a large seven-foot naginata, the shaft being five feet long and four inches wide and made of a special black metal that insulates electricity and the blade being two feet. It is also made of adamantium. The only thing special about the weapon is that Vaslav can absorb it into his body and produce naginata blades from his body, or partially form the naginata from his body for an extra reach if needed
Other: A black diamond necklace

Physical Skills: Vaslav's physical attributes far exceed any normal human, equivalent to five men in terms of strength and durability. His speed is averaged at 80 mph, and coupled with naturally enhanced reflexes and a knack for parkour his awareness is very special. He is a master at using pole-arm weapons, evident with his naginata. He has exceptional physical healing, healing from small cuts in moments to gashes and even impalement in a few hours provided assisted medical help
Magical Abilities:

Cthulhu's Host - By being a host of Cthulhu, Vaslav has the ability to transform various body parts into that of Cthulhu. Cthulhu is a cosmic entity with an octopus head, humanoid body, dragon wings and voracious claws, as well as a slimy body and eyes that can see and detect souls and other spectral and ethereal things the normal creature cannot see. As such Vaslav can turn his hands into the slimy clawed hands of Cthulhu, sprout wings and sprout tentacles from anywhere on his body that can reach out for ten feet and grab ahold of objects. However, limbs transformed can be easily cut and take quite the amount of time to regenerate. He is also susceptible to fire which can cause more serious harm, but not permanent. He cannot assume a full transformation

The Cosmic Eye - The eyes of Cthulhu, gold and black with the appearance of snake eyes, this grans Vaslav to see things that normally cannot be seen, even with enhanced vision. This includes traces of mana after a spell is cast, ghosts and spectral beings, even creatures of different dimensions that cannot properly manifest in this dimension. It also gives him a keener vision in precise attacking, but takes up quite the mana usage

Madness - A technique with various effects, this spell is passive and doesn't need to be activated unless enhancing certain aspects. In short, Vaslav's body is affected by an eerie presence of madness, given being a host of Cthulhu. His mind cannot easily be fooled by simple illusions, but complex and intricate illusions may take an effect. If his mind is being probed by an outside source there is a chance of them becoming infected with Madness, but all they will receive are horrendous nightmares that would make them fear sleep. His scent simply makes animals want to bite him, so he isn't the best with nature. If he can concentrate on his scent he can scare animals away

Personality: Vaslav is methodical, calculating and often times seen as cruel and unforgiving. He's stubborn at times, but can keep his cool more than others, which makes him good in serious situations when others may give up or grow patient. He's as patient as can be without annoying pests bothering him. He doesn't take heed to those who seem be frivilous and care-free, and often times disregards their existence
History: Born a very sick and dying child Vaslav's childhood was always full of doctor visits and treatments with the best medical remedies. He was going to die, surely, but his father began chanting certain dark spells around him once every two weeks on Thursday. He would stop dying, but remained deathly sick, and after nineteen years his son was well, but at the price of being prepared as a host for a cosmic entity he heard his father chant about selectively: Cthulhu. Chained to a pyre on a Friday the 13th, during a full moon and clear night sky his body was possessed by Cthulhu, just for the purpose of existing in this dimension. Vaslav would learn to take advantage of this setback, and make due with that he'd learn as a living vessel.
Back to top Go down
Torik Valgard

Torik Valgard

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 12:05 pm

@Aroro:  As you're now aware, I am sorry but I am only accepting human males.

@Azrael:  A strange character, but an accepted one.

@Riffus: Accepted.

@Everyone: The IC is up in case you did not notice:
https://theforbiddenforums.rpg-board.net/t1104-the-journey
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:47 am

After throwing a bit of a pouting tantrum and being pestered consistently for a few days, I've decided to throw this guy in here. Like I said though, there's gonna be a couple week hiatus next month. I'll try to post whenever I can but I can't make any guarantees.

Name: Rico Rodriguez

Age/Race/Gender: 32/Human/Male

Appearance: Rico is a tall, gangly man who is more lean than muscular. Standing at 6'2" and weighing just over 180 pounds, he relies more on his agility and cunning than his brawn. What muscles he does have are tone, however, and he seems to be very proud of that. His skin is a golden tan, complimenting his dark brown eyes. Those eyes are hidden beneath his long(ish) eyelashes. Due to his skinniness, many of his skeletal facial features are prominent. Therefore, he seems to have sharp cheekbones and a bony chin.

Armor/Clothing: Rico prefers long sleeved shirts that are of an inconspicuous color. He also likes to wear light but comfortable shoes. His outfits do vary but usually they are of a taupe color or a similarly brown-derived shade.

Weapons: Rico carries little weapons, proclaiming his love is stronger than any type of steel. Honestly, though, he's afraid of wielding anything bigger than a dagger.

Other: Rico has an enchanted pouch which never gets full. He can only fit smaller items in it, though. Anything larger than a ball in diameter wouldn't fit. It also becomes a pain in the butt to find things, as it is completely by feel and not by sight.

Physical Skills:

Sneak - Rico is a master of the sneaky-sneaky, his footfalls are silent. He is also able to somehow make himself blend in with the background. His lanky, tall figure turns into something more agile as he moves from rooftop to rooftop.

Charming - Despite his annoying personality, he somehow manages to not get killed everywhere he goes. His rogue charm makes him endearing to some. He has a tendency to talk his way out of dangerous situations.

Deft Hands - No purse is safe when Rico's around. This guy could swipe a jewel off the King's crown and no one would notice. He is also excellent at picking locks. The combination of the two make jewelry disappearances pretty common in whatever town he's in. Maybe a few shrilling cries of a Peeping Tom too...

Escape - Though he is not the greatest fighter, he is an excellent runner. It's one of the reasons he's still alive. Somehow, Rico can managed to wiggle his way out of almost any situation.

Guerilla Tactics - Pretty much his sole means of offensive combat, Rico uses guerilla tactics to weaken his foe. Usually, he will hit quickly and run away just as fast. His blows are weakened by his need to run away, though, and usually he only uses guerilla tactics to momentarily stun.

Magical Abilities: None

Personality: How would one describe this wandering rogue? It would seem that his personality changes depending on who he is with. At times, he can be a goofy, smiling ball of charm. At others, he is an annoying plague hell bent on making the people around them tear their ears off. There are a few things that make Rico a bit more quirky than most... but everyone has their thing, right?
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 12:15 pm

Aroro wrote:
After throwing a bit of a pouting tantrum and being pestered consistently for a few days, I've decided to throw this guy in here. Like I said though, there's gonna be a couple week hiatus next month. I'll try to post whenever I can but I can't make any guarantees.

Name: Rico Rodriguez

Age/Race/Gender: 32/Human/Male

Appearance: Rico is a tall, gangly man who is more lean than muscular. Standing at 6'2" and weighing just over 180 pounds, he relies more on his agility and cunning than his brawn. What muscles he does have are tone, however, and he seems to be very proud of that. His skin is a golden tan, complimenting his dark brown eyes. Those eyes are hidden beneath his long(ish) eyelashes. Due to his skinniness, many of his skeletal facial features are prominent. Therefore, he seems to have sharp cheekbones and a bony chin.

Armor/Clothing: Rico prefers long sleeved shirts that are of an inconspicuous color. He also likes to wear light but comfortable shoes. His outfits do vary but usually they are of a taupe color or a similarly brown-derived shade.

Weapons: Rico carries little weapons, proclaiming his love is stronger than any type of steel. Honestly, though, he's afraid of wielding anything bigger than a dagger.

Other: Rico has an enchanted pouch which never gets full. He can only fit smaller items in it, though. Anything larger than a ball in diameter wouldn't fit. It also becomes a pain in the butt to find things, as it is completely by feel and not by sight.

Physical Skills:

Sneak - Rico is a master of the sneaky-sneaky, his footfalls are silent. He is also able to somehow make himself blend in with the background. His lanky, tall figure turns into something more agile as he moves from rooftop to rooftop.

Charming - Despite his annoying personality, he somehow manages to not get killed everywhere he goes. His rogue charm makes him endearing to some. He has a tendency to talk his way out of dangerous situations.

Deft Hands - No purse is safe when Rico's around. This guy could swipe a jewel off the King's crown and no one would notice. He is also excellent at picking locks. The combination of the two make jewelry disappearances pretty common in whatever town he's in. Maybe a few shrilling cries of a Peeping Tom too...

Escape - Though he is not the greatest fighter, he is an excellent runner. It's one of the reasons he's still alive. Somehow, Rico can managed to wiggle his way out of almost any situation.

Guerilla Tactics - Pretty much his sole means of offensive combat, Rico uses guerilla tactics to weaken his foe. Usually, he will hit quickly and run away just as fast. His blows are weakened by his need to run away, though, and usually he only uses guerilla tactics to momentarily stun.

Magical Abilities: None

Personality: How would one describe this wandering rogue? It would seem that his personality changes depending on who he is with. At times, he can be a goofy, smiling ball of charm. At others, he is an annoying plague hell bent on making the people around them tear their ears off. There are a few things that make Rico a bit more quirky than most... but everyone has their thing, right?
The Journey - Full - Page 2 51781_600
Back to top Go down
Torik Valgard

Torik Valgard

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 3:12 pm

@Aroro:  Fits perfectly, the kind of character I (we) need. If you feel like you won't be able to post soon, just say so and I can bunny him until you get back if that's okay.
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 3:23 pm

suh-weet!!! *runs off to make a post*
Back to top Go down
Torik Valgard

Torik Valgard

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 3:46 pm

NOTE:

Before anyone else makes the mistake...

Torik Valgard will NOT be going on this journey with you. It'll just be you guys. I'll post and describe the regions, events, choices, etc. You guys can congregate and choose a de facto leader, or just wing it.

Torik Valgard is an agent under the rule of King Rogas, and I'm not going to explain much of his history. I will be posting a side-plot taking place away from the journey dealing with the political machinations, corruption, and bribery within the Kingdom. This side-plot is not essential to the RP, but provides some background to what else is happening in the Kingdom, which will set up a potential sequel (with the return of your characters) if it gets enough attention. In other words, if you want to skip the side-plot and not read it, you can.
Back to top Go down
Green-Eyed Demon

Green-Eyed Demon

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Name: Vaxal Sunderborn
Age/Race/Gender: 16/human(demonsoul)/male
Appearance: Tall and thin, with very pale skin. His flesh is unblemished by scars, acne, or any other sort of disfigurement. His head is complete shaven, not even leaving behind a bit of stubble. His eyes switch between blood-red and neon green, a side effect of his demonic side.

Armor/Clothing: Normal clothing of a wanderer. A worn brown shirt, over which he wears a green hooded coat that goes to his knees. His pants are a patchwork of tans, reds, and browns and his shoes are worn and weathered sandals on which the straps are wearing away.
Weapon(s): A purple raven he seems to have a connection with. He can track her over 100 miles away, control her movements, and communicate through her. The bird itself is remarkably strong. It can lift objects over 500 pounds in weight, take blasts of fire full on, and has the cunning to take down massive grizzly bears with just it's claws. However, there is something about the raven that sets people on edge. As if there were something more beneath it's feathers

Other: A strange black coin with a blue skull engraved on it.

Physical Skills: Enhanced agility, strength, speed, acrobatics, etc
Magical Abilities: He can conjur hellfire around his body without burning himself or his clothes. His stare has also been known to paralyze if you look into his eyes too long.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/The_Crimson_Beo
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:48 pm

We're not even one page in and Rico's already pissed someone off! How will he escape this one? Find out sometime tonight after I get done Skyping with my friend!
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Aroro you should rename him Rico Suave.
Back to top Go down
TheDarknessOfLoyalty

TheDarknessOfLoyalty

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:48 am

Well... Sorry for amat being Amat... she'll soften up once someone gets past her total tsundere outer shell
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:30 am

Drummy wrote:
How long should this take IC? I know the Orgeon Trail used to take 4 months.
Back to top Go down
Riprose
Regular Cowboy
Regular Cowboy
Riprose

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 10:00 am

Posting interest. Is it still the only penises rule?
Back to top Go down
Torik Valgard

Torik Valgard

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:04 pm

@Green-Eyed Demon:  I like it, you're in.

@Drummy:  Sorry I did not answer the question before, I was busy.

How long should this take IC? I know the Orgeon Trail used to take 4 months.

I do not know for sure.  You'll be trekking through Bandit Country, and four other locations (no spoilers).  Within Bandit Country I estimate about 2-3 days IC, second location probably 1-2, third location about 2-3, and fourth location about 1 day, and the last one is the finale so that's where it will end.

Perhaps about 1 and a half weeks, but it all depends on the players really - how many times you choose to set up camp and stuff.

@Riprose:  Yes; sorry.  I have way to many females in the group and not enough males.  But let me recheck something and I will edit this post.

EDIT:

@Riprose: If I am correct, I have 4 females and 5 males. We have a pretty big roster at the moment (9 players) so I will accept one more to make it an even 10. You have rights to that final spot if you want, and since I have a 4:5 ratio of female/male I will accept either male or female.

@Everyone: For the introduction I will need at the very least 1 post from each party member. Torik will then fill in everyone on what to do, where to go, and give some other info. Afterwards you can do whatever you want in Northwind, such as play a game, meet up, sleep in an inn, whatever. The next day you will begin your journey. Torik will provide you all with horses if you need it (in Meera's case she is a unicorn, so I don't know if she wants one or not). From there it is up to you guys how to advance.
Back to top Go down
Green-Eyed Demon

Green-Eyed Demon

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 2:03 pm

Alrighty. I'll get an intro post up as soon as I get home and have a chance to read through all the other posts.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/The_Crimson_Beo
Torik Valgard

Torik Valgard

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:26 pm

Honestly, I also need to read the last few posts. Been watching Boardwalk Empire Season 3 and helping my dad work on a truck (blown head gasket) when I'm not watching them.

Also, I've got a good plot planned out for the side-story if anyone is interested in reading those little side-scripts I'll be posting in the IC.
Back to top Go down
Kinzville

Kinzville

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:48 pm

Posting soon, it`s a diffrent kind of post for me though and I don`t think I like doing them that way.

Also a possible theme song for the rouges in our group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkbOGaJqJmg
Back to top Go down
TheDarknessOfLoyalty

TheDarknessOfLoyalty

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:06 pm

Oh TJ. the grave that's mentioned in amat's bio. woudl you mind if that is somewhere along the way? I have something planned around it.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:33 pm

Only a week and a half..... I won't pick up much skill in that time.
Back to top Go down
Skulexander

Skulexander

Location : In the darkest corner of your dreams, you can find me, if you look.

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Name: Valikor "Val" Anthos
Sex: Female
Race: Elf
Appearance: 4'11". Pale skin with a slight blue tinge to it. She is toned. Cropped black hair. Light purple eyes. Her ears are long. They're large and round at the bottom, but quickly taper to a sharp point. Her canines are also abnormally pointed.
Armor/Clothing: She wears light plate armor that gives some protection to the most important parts of her body, but still allows her a good amount of mobility. It is elvish armor, so it is an alloy that is whitish silver in appearance. It has soft curves indented into it that come together to form leaves at some parts. She wears the crest of Alora on her chest and in the middle of the forehead of her helmet.
Weapon(s): She was elected by her fellow templars to wield the blade Saliskor, which is made of a transparent purple material and has the power to project purple energy from itself, but only has a limited amount and must recharge once exhausted. It can only, however, be used by a templar of the goddess Alora, as she is the one who forged it and gave it to her servants to use in the fight against evil.
Physical Skills: She is an expert in hand-to-hand combat with melee weapons. She tends to use strength to overpower her opponents as opposed to using her agility like most elves tend to do.
Personality: Val is sarcastic and tends to think logically. She's not very patient. She's a hard worker though, and prefers to take matters into her own hands if others aren't living up to her expectations.
History: She was born with a unique birth mark on her left shoulder that looks like a crow. It is the symbol of the goddess Alora, and so she was sent to live and train with the templars of Alora. Since then, she has trained to become a great warrior. Not long ago, she was chosen to wield Saliskor in Alora's name when her birth mark began to glow as she approached the weapon during one of the templars' ceremonies. Since then, she has used it to fight as much evil as she can.
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:45 pm

I think I'll wait for everyone to get their first posts in before I make mine. Just to make sure no one gets left behind.
Back to top Go down
Skulexander

Skulexander

Location : In the darkest corner of your dreams, you can find me, if you look.

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 10:03 pm

Yea. So I only read through the entire IC and OoC threads after I posted the app. I guess you might not accept my app since you have too many females or too many players, but eh. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 10:15 pm

Yo TJ Skul can take my spot. I'm just not feeling the vibe to post in the RP. If you take me out Skulexander you'd have to make a male
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey - Full   The Journey - Full - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Journey - Full
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next