The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

eSports Discussion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ReiXAsuka

ReiXAsuka

eSports Discussion Empty
PostSubject: eSports Discussion   eSports Discussion EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 10:36 am

I want to know what everything thinks about eSports, I mean, do you agree with it becoming a rising 'sport' or do you think that it should remain just a hobby for people and not taken seriously.

I want to bring this up because so many games are breaking out onto this scene, while most are MOBA's, there are others out there and what makes me ask such a thing is the 2015 League of Legends world championships, I just want to know how everyone feels on such things getting this.

I respect that people do not play these for various reasons, but I just want to know how people feel about eSports rising in popularity and actually being compared to real sports such as Football, basketball etc. Even if you do not like them, I want to know how you feel about them. Another reason I ask is because some have massive following, such as basing songs on them or even making songs for them. (Imagine Dragons are one, their Warriors song was made for League of Legends.)

And there is fan-made stuff like this:

And official stuff like this:

How do I feel on such a thing? I think it's a good thing that eSports are finally getting some popularity, as a former player of many MOBA's, I'm happy to see them getting a rise and I can't wait to see where it will take them in the future.

The Definition of Sport is: "an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment." and eSports are only missing the Physical exertion, they require a lot of skill to play at a high level, a lot of communication with team-mates, Dedication to improving your own skills within it and they require extreme reaction times and being able to read situations.

In case anyone doesn't think that players don't get put through anything. Here is a video:

And here is another one I take extremely personally... I find this guy amazing:
Back to top Go down
NoelBles

NoelBles

eSports Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: eSports Discussion   eSports Discussion EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 2:24 pm

eSports, something I find a very intersting topic nowadays. I am still not sure if they can really classify as a sport, however, there is no doubting that it is one of the more complex 'sports' out there right now given what is going on in the players heads. The reaction times, skill and decision making needed to play them is amazing. However, on the other hand, they are glorified video games in my mind, trying to make names for themselves. I guess it's all up in the air as to what'll happen in the future for eSports.

Back to top Go down

eSports Discussion
Page 1 of 1