The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)   The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 10:17 pm

Tobi remained silent as she finished her meal. Despite all the sorrows contained within she cherished her past. Having been beaten on all fronts her solace in life lied far more in her memories than any promises the future may hold. There was simply no way she could connect to someone so quick to turn their back on events that shaped them. Unfair as the accusation was on her part she began to feel a disconnect from the girl eating across from her. Instead she recalled the bonds of friendship forged in the fires of struggles long past. It saddened her that people like that no longer existed in their world. She herself had lost the will that connected her with her siblings in arms.

Sadly there was little for reminiscing as her train of thought was soon interrupted by the unmistakable sound of an attack helicopter. It was probably, almost certainly her imagination, but either circumstance was an indicator that she needed to move. "Time to go," she ordered jumping to her feet. By time she finished Naida was already out of sight.

Hawkeye wasted no time joining her in the car and getting back on the highway. Fortunately they were already close to their destination. They needed to make it to a city where they could blend in, and discourage the Company from making a scene. "Listen carefully," she said in a commanding tone that would silence the bravest of men. "Take this. You're going to get out at the next exit. Follow the road signs to New Vegas. Keep moving and familiarize yourself with the area. Do NOT talk to anyone. When the time comes to rendezvous the phone will ring three times and you'll receive a text. We'll meet there four minutes later., and under no circumstances are you to go inside without me. They don't take kindly to strangers. If you don't hear anything in six hours assume I'm dead."
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

PostSubject: Re: The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)   The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 6:11 am

((Writing at 4am, so I really may need to fix a lot later))

Naida had no idea why it was suddenly, "time to go" but she wasted no time asking why either. Whatever it had been, Hawkeye looked alarmed and that was enough to alarm Naida, and when Naida felt alarmed, she did the same thing she did when she felt anything else, she ran. She was in the car with her seat belt on by the time Hawkey got out of the restaurant. Naida waved her over frantically. "C'mon c'mon! How come everyone always walks everywhere? I know you only run at a snail's speed but at least try!"

Hawkeye did not even seem to hear her. She had a look on her face that reminded Naida of a T.V. soldier on a mission. She had very little experience with actual soldiers, so that was the closest reference she could think of to desribe the determined look on Hawkeye's face.

"Listen carefully," she said in a tone that actually made Naida's mouth snap shut, though she had been just about launch into a tirade of questions.  "Take this. You're going to get out at the next exit. Follow the road signs to New Vegas. Keep moving and familiarize yourself with the area. Do NOT talk to anyone. When the time comes to rendezvous the phone will ring three times and you'll receive a text. We'll meet there four minutes later., and under no circumstances are you to go inside without me. They don't take kindly to strangers. If you don't hear anything in six hours assume I'm dead."

She nodded along as Hawkeye talked, but she did not interrupt, at least not until Hawkeye mentioned something about her being dead! "DEAD? Hawkeye don't die on me! I know I tease you about being a slowpoke and stuff but you are still faster than most these dimwits!" She waved an arm out at the rest of the world. "Please be very careful! I promise I won't call you slowpoke anymore and I will wait for you to get out of the car before I run into McDonald's next time, and I won't get a happy meal anymore....I don't even like the stupid toy! I mean I like it a little. I will probably keep this one, since I have it already anyways. Just be careful!" Naida snatched the phone up and took off without another word. She did not want to cry in front of Hawkeye. She had tried to focus her little rant on Hawkeyes safety, but what she had really wanted to do was beg her not to make Naida leave. She had been alone for so long, and she really had thought that she was going to have a partner at last. She was no fool though, she knew what this meant.

If Hawkeye had any real intentions of coming back, she would have given Naida a number to call in an emergency, or at least given her a real name. Granted, Hawkeye was an awesome name! She really really hoped that if the text did come, it would include the codename that Naida had given herself during the drive. Still, it was not exactly very personal to only know the codename of your new partner. Even if none of that meant anything, why makes the fastest person in the world leave when you are trying run from someone?

She was already seven miles down the road when she decided she could not do it. If Hawkeye wanted to ditch her, that was her choice, but she could not let Hawkeye go to her death alone. If anyone tried to hurt Hawkeye, Naida would hit them so many times in one second that they would think that their bodies spontaneously exploded. That, and she would do it without letting Hawkeye see her. She desperately wanted to be accepted by Hawkeye, but it could not be forced on her or what was the point? She found the car not far behind her and circled far around to stay out of sight. With her goggles on, she had no problem watching the car while maintaining high enough speed to stay out of sight. It was difficult not too lose the car. If she sped up too much, she would pass it up, and if she slowed down too much, she would certainly be spotted. She settled for zigzagging back and forth on the road while moving forward as well. This meant she could run fast, while making less forward progress.

After a while she started to feel the fatigue of running like that, so stopped for a quick breather. She waited a full two minutes, then caught back up with the car.... then she realized that she had just solved her problem without realizing it. In those two minutes, she had barely even lost sight of the vehicle on this flat, desert landscape. She quickly bolted to the side and stopped behind a large boulder. She waited a full minute before peeking out to find the car. It took her a moment but she picked out the tail end. Moving from spot to spot, she followed Hawkeye...
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)   The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 9:03 pm

The road seemed to stretch forever in both directions of the flat laregly barren landscape. Every mile was indistinguishable from the one that preceded it.  It felt almost as though  she was staying still as the road and clouds of dust looped past her like an old timey cartoon. It would be over two hours before she reached her destination, leaving her alone with her thoughts.

Tobi stood firmly by her decision to send the girl away.  Whether the sound she heard was imagined or not, the danger was real.  If she wasn’t on the verge of a physical attack, then the echoes of the past had once again come back to haunt her. If she was hearing things then it was an undeniable evidence that her subconscious was betraying her and she was on the verge of a complete breakdown.  This  thought petrified her  as there was no way she could run, hide, or even fight back against her own mind.
Her sole comfort was that for the moment Nadia was safe.  She could tell from the few glimpse she had gotten that the child could travel far faster on foot than by car, and she was confident that if they were being followed by the Company she would be their primary target allowing Nadia plenty of time to lose them. She was still uncertain if she would reach out to Nadia once the situation had been dealt with. She knew she could make no meaningful promise for the girl's well being, but her judgment was clouded by feelings of loneliness that would not die no matter how deep she buried them.

As she drove she kept one eye focused on the road ahead and placed the other far above to survey the surrounding area. When she spotted the attack helicopter trailing behind her in the distance she found herself oddly comforted by the fact that she had not gone crazy before the harsh realization that she would most certainly not make it off the highway alive.  The car was an easy target out in the open, and she lacked sufficient firepower to have any meaningful chance of taking down a military vehicle.  If she was lucky enough to had not been sighted yet there was a possibility of ditching the car, but even then it was unlikely she would last long having missed the opportunity to refresh her supplies when she rushed Nadia out of the service station back in California.

The car sped up as she contemplated her options. During this time she caught Nadia  watching her from the distance.  This is exactly what she had tried prevent.  Her hand had been forced. No matter how slim the chance of success, she felt an obligation to protect the younger mutant. She threw the car in park and took position crouched down behind the trunk.  All of her doubts and fears subsided once she had a firm grip on her rifle. She set her sights on the helicopter's main rotor mast and adjusted her aim to compensate for distance and wind. At the same time the unmanned vehicle began to target  Nadia who stood a few miles down field from Tobi's position. She needed to make this shot count.  Completely focused on the task at hand Tobi relaxed her muscles, paused her breath, and squeezed the trigger.  The bullet hit with enough force to throw the drone's aim off. The missile that had been meant for Nadia soared past her location a detonated a safe distance away. Tobi was confident that once alerted to the danger the girl would bolt to safety leaving her the sole focus of their assailant.

As the drone steadied itself Tobi prepared her next shot.  The mounted minigun began to spin and adjust its sight towards her. If she didn't down the aircraft this time it would turn her to mulch.  She turned the bolt on her rifle to eject  and replace the spent cartridge,  and adjusted her aim. Before she could fire her second round the enemy had begun to return fire tearing up the trunk of the car. She held her ground.  At this it was too late to retreat or take cover.  She pulled the trigger a second time and hit her mark.  The front of the attack helicopter veered to the right as it spun out of control and crashed to the ground a few seconds later as the rotor split from the rest of the vehicle.

"That should not have been possible." She told herself. "That should not have worked. I should be dead."

"Everything seems impossible the first time you do it." A familiar voice said from behind.  

Suddenly she was ten years old again lying in a patch of bushes in the forests of North Carolina. John, who was lying beside her reached over and put a dark calloused hand on her shoulder.  This helped calm her nerves. "Relax. Hold it steady. Take a deep breath, let it out, then squeeze the trigger."

Tobi did as she was told, and to both their surprise the young buck that had been pulling at the branches of a small sapling moments before now lied dead in the clearing waiting to be harvested. In the moment young  Tobi was too overtaken by joy at her success  to register the guilt she would later feel for taking the deer's life.  "I did it," she shouted as she sprung up to her feet and threw her hands in the air.

"You sure did." John added with a chuckle as he slowly rose from the ground and patted her on the back. "You're a natural. You're going to be a real sharp shooter when you grow up Kid."
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

PostSubject: Re: The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)   The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Run...wait...run...wait...
She had the timing down perfectly. The heat was starting to get to her, but she thought she could keep it up for at least a few more hours.

She thought she was being very clever. She was even congratulating herself on her impressive cleverness while she hid behind a rock. She was so fast and clever that Hawkeye... the car suddenly came to a sliding stop and Hawkeye jumped out!

Naida watched in shock as her partner took up a position behind the vehicle and started leveling a rifle. Naida was so focused on Hawkeye that she did not immediately register the sound of beating rotors abover her.

Something that she had forgotten suddenly occurred to her. "She spotted me with her floaty eye, and she's actually going to kill me!" But when Hawkeye fired, the shot went well above Naida's head.

All at once, both confusion and understanding set in. She understood that they were under attack by something flying above her, and that Hawkeye was shooting at it. The confusion came from the deafening explosion that suddenly lit up the sand a few dozen yards away from her.

She did not even have time to scream, her feet were moving before she even knew where she was going. The flying thing, which Naida still had not taken the time to look at, was firing on Hawkeye. Usually things seemed to go in slow motion while she was running, but bullets could move pretty fast, and Naida watched as they shredded the car.

Naida ran toward the car, determined to push her new friend out of the way if she had to, but even as she stopped next to Hawkeye, the attacker was crashing into the ground from one incredible shot. Hawkeye stared as though she were just as surprised as Naida.

"Holy hell!" Naida shouted with unveiled excitement. She was jumping up and down. "You just shot down a helicopter in one shot! Wow! I mean, technically it was two shots, but the first one was, I assume, to stop it from hitting me with a missile. I'm not sure which one was more awesome. Probably the one that saved my life, since getting blown up sounds cooler than it actually would be. Thanks, by the way. I mean, if I would have seen that helicopter there, I totally could have dodged the missiles. I definitely could not have taken it down with a rifle though! Where did you learn to shoot like that? Can I hold that rifle?..." Naida continued the excited rant with hardly a breath.

Carson laid in the sand, observing the disappointing battle. He was covered by a desert ghille blanket, and observing through the scope attached to his high-powered rifle. He could have taken them out right there, but he was starting to doubt that killing them was such a great idea.

The Company certainly wanted the two mutants dead, but he had just observed something that changed his mind.

Originally, he had mistaken them for a couple of low level mutant civilians that must have hidden out during the war. The one in the car had proven that theory wrong, however, when she took down an attack drone with nothing but rifle! He was impressed.

The other one had been darting around faster than any speedster he had ever seen. He was no speedster, but he could really get around. However, he wasn't sure that even he could keep up with this one.

In any case, he had decided to take one or both of them alive if he could. He had a few questions for them. For years, he had thought that he was the last surviving mutant; kept alive only because of his usefulness to the Company. He had to know if these were truly the last two before he killed them...
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)   The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 1:14 am

"John," Tobi whispered absentmindedly as she returned from her brief retreat from the present, inadvertently answering one of Nadia's seemingly endless questions. She ignored the barrage coming from the girl as she answered something far more salient to herself. She pressed on of her hands against the trunk of the car and inched it forward until her fingertip covered the bullet hole closest to her. Just over one hand's length. That was how close she had come to dying just now. As she ran her finger in circles around the edge of the hole she thought of all noise she must had blocked out while placing the final shot, all the sparks and debris that must had shot up towards her, and what it would have meant if any of that had distracted her for even an instant . Suddenly she felt a chill. All the feelings she had expelled when called to action came rushing back now that the immediate threat was gone; the frustration of being disobeyed, the relief that they were both alive, the fear of being alone, and the crushing guilt of what would come to pass if they stayed together.

When the flood of conflicting emotions receded she began to speak. Her words came slow and soft, barely above a whisper. She kept her head down the entire time she spoke, unable to find the strength to look Nadia in the eye. "This isn't a game. We both could have died. I chose this path long ago of my volition. I alone should bear the burdens that come with that choice."
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

PostSubject: Re: The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)   The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Naida noted Hawkeye's strange detachment and her whispered word "John", but she chose not to say anything. Everyone had ghosts.

She even managed to stay quiet and listen while Hawkeye told her that she chose to "bear her burden alone".

Naida even took it one step further and forced herself to take a breath before responding. She was angry, but she did not want to let this turn into an argument. After a moment, she finally spoke up.

"Where do you think I'm going to go if we split up? Do you think I have friends or family that will take me in? You can't seriously believe that there's some happily ever after type of ending for me!" She stopped and took another breath. She wanted to respond as a mature adult for once. Her usual childish outbursts were not going to keep her and Hawkeye together. "I'm a mutant, Hawkeye. They might find me with you and kill me, or they'll find me alone and kill me. Either way, I'm probably screwed. I'd rather have a friend while I still can..." She literally had to bite her tongue to keep from saying more.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)   The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 6:30 pm

Tobi's head hung down from her slumped shoulders as she processed Nadia's argument.  She had expected Nadia to run off out of fear or boredom before the matter became an issue, but her persistence was now painfully clear.  Tobi was concerned for more than just the girl's safety, but she also knew the limits of her own emotional strength.   "Fair enough,"  was all she could say.

Unable to muster an objection Tobi resolved to shelter the girl the best she could. She rolled her shoulders back and locked her chin in an upward tilted position.  She returned to front of the car in short fast paced strides. Nadia was eagerly waiting in the passenger seat long before the car started. Having gotten what she wanted most, Nadia cheerfully prattled on as they drove.  She was full of ideas regarding the things they would do and the places they would go, there was even mention of a dog at one point. Tobi however was oblivious to most of the one sided conversation.  She focused her gaze on the road ahead as she made a mental list of all that needed to be done.

Traffic began to accumulate around them  as they approached the city. Before long they could see Las Vegas in the distance; a monument of humanity's will to survive in even in the most unsuitable places.  Perhaps it was this symbolism that lead the criminal underground to take roots in the city. Besides the location the city stood out from others, even in the light of early afternoon thanks to an assortment of  architecture and replica monuments adopted from all around the world. Tobi drove pass the tourist district and stopped in front of a small auto-shop in a less traveled part of the city. "There is a café across the street. Go wait there. I won't be long."

Last edited by Drummy on Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

PostSubject: Re: The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)   The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 2:59 pm

Naida honestly thought that she would have to argue with Hawkeye a lot more. She was even prepared to follow her around some more, though that almost got her killed last time. She did not know whether to laugh or cry when Hawkeye actually agreed to stick together. She was so overjoyed that she actually said very little; partially because she was happy, and partially because she did not want Hawkeye to change her mind.

Once they were in the car, the endless prattling began. Hawkeye said little, but that just gave Naida more time to say all the interesting things she had on her mind. “…so I says to Franky, I says, ‘get off of that kitten or I'm gonna…’ but then I woke up! It was such a weird dream! It wasn't my weirdest dream, though. My weirdest dream ever involved a kiddy pool, a snorkel, and about thirty gallons of motor oil. Now, I know what you're thinking, ‘what grade was the motor oil?’, I'll get to that. Hey we should get a dog! We could get a golden retriever and name him Krypto! Oh, my dream...” And on and on she went.

When they finally arrived in Vegas, her incessant talking slowed. The city was so bright and beautiful, in a dirty kind of way. Naida nearly bounced in her seat with excitement, but she said little.

When Hawkeye suggested that she wait for her at a cafe, Naida smiled and shook her head. “Nice try! I may have been born last nigh… err, I may not have been born at night, but… wait… I’m not stupid! I'm totally staying right by your side. Hawkeye and Quicksilver, all the way. Consider us on the buddy system. I've never been on the buddy system before, mostly because I never had a buddy before…”
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)   The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 1:31 am

"At least you can say you tried"

Tobi let out a steady jet of air from her lips that pushed away a stray curl from the front of her face. Arguing with Nadia was futile. She wondered if a similar concoction of youthful energy and naivety that had charmed her adoptive family in the early days of the war.

She hesitated for a moment before pressing her hand down on the smaller girl's head. She rubbed her head playfully pulling some auburn hairs loose from their ponytail as she did so. "The buddy system it is then. Do you want me to hold your hand?" Tobi said offering it to her in jest.

The little piece of herself that Tobi reclaimed in the car slipped from her grasp the moment her boots hit the pavement. Her eye darted back and forth taking in their surroundings. The area was familiar, but not welcoming. "Stay close," she whispered before pacing across the parking lot. The bell rang behind her as she slipped through the door. The  man leaning on the counter barely looked up from his magazine as they approached.  "We have a drop off for repairs. I get the family discount."

"You'll have to talk to the boss about that."

"But of course, " Tobi replied to the man who then disappeared to fetch his boss. She tapped her index finger rhythmically on the counter top as she waited for the owner to emerge from the back room. Despite his age it was unusual for him to keep her waiting this long. Her brow furrowed slightly and her hand lowered slowly to her side when a young blonde came in from the garage. The man, practically a boy in body and mind wore a jumpsuit covered in stains. Even covered with motor oil the needle marks on his hands were evident as were his overly constricted pupils. "Where's your father?" She asked  masking her nerves behind  a calm voice as she discretely took the safety off her sidearm.

"What's a matta' beautiful? You don't look happy to see me."  He said mockingly pinching her face between his thumb and fingers. With face just inches from his Tobi stared blankly back at him until he lost interest and released her. The man scratched impulsively at his arms and hands as he continued in rapid bursts."The old man got busted a while back. He had a real top shelf lawyer though. Just a few more months and he'll be back on the streets again. In the meantime I'm in charge. Pretty neat right?" He paused briefly for a moment and looked down at Nadia, seemingly noticing her for the first time. "Who's the kid? She's with you right? Is she one of us?"
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

PostSubject: Re: The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)   The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 2:44 pm

Naida actually had to swallow a lump in her throat when Hawkeye ruffled her hair. It was more affection than she had received in years. She forced herself to smile and shake her head, not wanting to appear weak in front of Hawkeye. This lady could take down attack drones with a single shot, Naida did not want to be seen as a crybaby by her.

"Hold my hand? Nobody holds my hand and lives to talk about it!" She paused for dramatic effect. "Just kidding. I'd actually be fine with it, except that I may accidentally move too fast and dislocate your shoulder... Oh and plus I am totally like a mature and hardened...fighter...type of person. Yeah, just like you! Right? Was that a serious offer? No, never mind."

Naida bolted out of the car and zipped around to the front, then she decided to slow down. She usually had a pretty good sense of when people were and were not watching her, but the incident in the gas station had proven that she could slip up. She did not want to bring any unwanted attention on herself or Hawkeye.

Naida stayed as quiet and calm as she could once they entered the auto-shop. She may have been a little naive, but she had spent years on the streets. She knew when something was going down, even if she was not really sure what.

When the weird guy came out and reached out and pinched Hawkeye's face, Naida had to pinch her leg to stop herself from breaking his arm. Hawkeye did not react, so Naida forced herself to follow suit. The entire incident had been a lessen in self-control for Naida, but when the man looked down and said, "Is she one of us?" She simply could not stand it any longer.

Naida's hands shot out and drummed on the counter; maybe a little too quickly, but not enough to prove that she was a mutant. "What does that mean? One of you? One of who? You mean am I like part of 'The Family'?" She said this in her best Godfather impersonation, which was not very good at all. "Or are you implying something else? Talk, punk!"
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)   The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 1:46 am

Tobi's face clenched when Nadia started making a scene. She now regretted not being more obstinate in telling her to wait outside. Then, to Tobi's surprise the man Nadia had ostensibly threatened began to laugh a loud overzealous  laugh accented by slapping of the knee.  Initially suspicious of the gesture's sincerity, Tobi maintained a tight grip on her gun. Only after the man made a big show of wiping a tear from his eye and began to speak did it loosen. "I like this one. She's funny, not a total hard ass like all your old friends."

Tobi blinked rapidly a few times as the careless comment registered. Once certain that she had heard him correctly she bellowed "Let's get this over with before you say something you regret, Ira" before storming out towards the parking lot.

By the time he followed to inspect the car, Tobi had regained some composure although she still glared intently at his as he worked. He brushed his hand over the bullet marks in much the same way she did earlier. He returned to scratching his forearm as he addressed her.  "What the hell happened here?" he asked, tilting his head far more than necessary like a confused owl.

"We'd rather not talk about it," Tobi answered firmly despite the answer being obviously.

"No matter." He said with a shrug. He strolled around the car while he continued.  "It's nothing me and my boys can't fix. Although-" He took a long pause as he looked back over his shoulder at her. "You're looking at some serious depreciation in value. What would you say to ten G?"

"Double it," she said flatly without hesitation.

Ira hooted loudly in amusement before returning to a volume more appropriate for the conversation at hand. "twenty-thousand, and people call me the crazy one."

"You know it's worth more than that."

Ira had many faults, but being stupid wasn’t one of them. His father had been the best in the business, and he had learned a lot from him. He knew the merchandise he dealt with well. More importantly, he could read all the signs that the seller was desperate. The condition of the car was obvious, but it was the subtleties that bolstered his confidence; the time of day, the lack of advanced notice, the obscene rebuttal to his original offer, the ever so slight change of pitch in Tobi's voice. "Maybe it was, maybe it was, but a lot of time and money goes into getting these babies ready for resale, even when they aren't shot full of holes. The best I can offer you is twelve. "

"Eighteen."

Ira chuckled, moderately amused at her steadfastness, even as her eye faintly shifted back and forth. "Twelve."

"Seventeen."

He was unsure whether it was her persistence or his need for another fix that wore him down, but at that moment he felt a strong impulse to throw the girl a bone. He'd still manage to turn a profit. He always turned a profit, and he wouldn't mind having the girls come back the next time they were in a jam. "Fourteen."
Tobi consented to the deal. Ira took them back inside where he counted the money out in front of them in exchange for the keys. Tobi then secured the neatly wrapped bills in her pocket, boot, and bag before they left, hopefully never to return again. Tobi stopped at the corner of the sidewalk and gazed down at Nadia. She winced slightly at the thought of what her perception of her must be at this point. "I'm sorry you had to see that," she muttered glumly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)   The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2