The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Righteous and Free; Two dwarves walk into a bar...(Coake)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Riprose
Regular Cowboy
Regular Cowboy
Riprose

The Righteous and Free; Two dwarves walk into a bar...(Coake) Empty
PostSubject: The Righteous and Free; Two dwarves walk into a bar...(Coake)   The Righteous and Free; Two dwarves walk into a bar...(Coake) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Jakal growled ferociously, muttering under his breath as he ducked beneath the high thrust of a goblins spear. "Go kill us some goblins, he said," Jackal growled out the words as he drove the sharp end of his axe straight up into the goblin's chin in a brutal uppercut, "it'll be fun, he said."

Of course, not all of the current problems could be blamed on his partner, as he was so attempting to do. Neither dwarvesm nor their employed could have forseen the hoarde of goblins that had inhabited the small farm house, nor the hill giant that had been invited to take residence in the barn that the family had erected on their land. Now the dwarves were fighting for their lives, Jakal handling the brunt of the goblin forces, while Fenni handled the giant. They had agreed that he with the least kills would be paying the tab, and as Jakal drove his helmetted head into that of goblins with sickening crunch of bones and brain, he figured his total to be about 24. Hefting his axe defiantely, he planted his short legs stoutly, waiting quietly for the remainder of goblins to advance upon the old, one eyed dwarf.
Back to top Go down
Lord Coake

Lord Coake

PostSubject: Re: The Righteous and Free; Two dwarves walk into a bar...(Coake)   The Righteous and Free; Two dwarves walk into a bar...(Coake) EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 8:50 pm

FennI hacked his way to the barn, on the hunt for the hill giant residing there. He killed anywhere from 30-40 goblins by the time he reached the door, stopping between fights only to down a bit of dwarven ale he carried in his 5 waterskins. "Ahh....tha's tha stuff..." He mumbled as he went back to opening the door to the barn. After a bit of struggling, and searching for a makeshift step-ladder, he managed to open the door......

What awaited Fenni was a large, slumbering humanoid, slobbering and snorting between breaths as it slept. Fenni quietly tip-toed towards the giant, trying to not wake it too early. Unfortunately, a stray rock fell from the rafters, clanging against Fenni's shield with a loud "CLLLLLLAAAAANNNGGG!". Fenni winced as the giant snorted and shook as he stood. Fenni stared him dead in the eyes and shouted "OY! wake up ye' daft too-tall! Time tah taste tha sting o' me family's 'eirloom axe!". Fenni charged towards the giant's left leg, just as his fist slammed down on the ground. Fenni hefted his axe in both hands, and swung with all of his might at the giant's left ankle.....

"ARRGGGG!!!! DUMB TINY!" Shouted the giant as he fell. Fenni grinned, and walked over to the giant's head. He crouched down, looked the giant in the eye and said "I guess they'll call me 'Fenni tha Giantslayer' now!" He spat in the giant's eye, and then swung directly at the neck, delivering the killing blow.

Fighting his way back to Jakal, he reached his partner's side and said "Giant's taken care of." as he chopped a goblin in half. "Guess tha' makes me tha winner of our 'little bet' eh? If not, I'm counting tha' giant as 50, on top of tha 30 or so I killed on the way there." He cut another goblin's arm off.
Back to top Go down
Riprose
Regular Cowboy
Regular Cowboy
Riprose

PostSubject: Re: The Righteous and Free; Two dwarves walk into a bar...(Coake)   The Righteous and Free; Two dwarves walk into a bar...(Coake) EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Jakal finished off what remained of the goblins with a few practiced swings, finishing the job with one final backhand from his powerful palm. Scowling like any self respecting surly dwarf would, he clodded Fenni once on the head, just hard enough to get the younger dwarves thick skulled attention. "Hill giants ain't worth 50, they're two at the most. I'll give ye two points, because he was sleeping and there was only one. I've killed me 39 goblins, to your 30 or so," Jakal stretched the last two words, a wolfish grin appearing on his face, "but math hasn't ever been yer strong suit, hassit, Fenni?"

Jakal wiped the blood off of his axe with barely concealed contempt, swinging the mighty weapon onto his back and walking off towards the front of the homestead, where his moun waited, a reptile that was taller than he was, that resembled a stegosaurus, except it had two extra legs, lacked the giant spinal fans, and possessed two horns on it's head. The creature looked to Jakal as he approached, snorting once in greeting. Jakal smiled soothingly to it, pulling out a carrot from an inner pocket and feeding it to the great beast, stroking it's neck. He turned to watch Fenni approach, saying, "Yer turn to pay the tab. Where're we headed?"

As he finished his sentence, he climbed into the high saddle, and waited patiently
Back to top Go down
Lord Coake

Lord Coake

PostSubject: Re: The Righteous and Free; Two dwarves walk into a bar...(Coake)   The Righteous and Free; Two dwarves walk into a bar...(Coake) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Fenni hopped into the saddle of his own mount, a vicious-looking riding dog. He patted it on the head a few times, and said. "Thar's a new bar in town, run by a couple o' Dwarves, I here they serve actual Dwarven ale, instead o' tha tankards o' moose-piss them 'umans serve. Wanna check it out?" He ordered his dog to start walking with a whistle, and looked back at Jackel "You in or out? Who knows, maybe we'll catch wind o' 'nother job or two while we're thar?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Righteous and Free; Two dwarves walk into a bar...(Coake)   The Righteous and Free; Two dwarves walk into a bar...(Coake) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Righteous and Free; Two dwarves walk into a bar...(Coake)
Page 1 of 1