The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Legacy of Conquest

Go down 
+10
Lord Coake
Einselar
CoolMusette
TheDarknessOfLoyalty
Chronos
Aroro
brennie42
ReiXAsuka
Umbra
Drummy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
brennie42

brennie42

A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 6:58 pm

Tinglatio watched everyone introduce themselves with a neutral look on his face. He watched each person intently as they spoke, to get a general idea for their form and movements. The group seemed fairly balanced, we have a sniper, two shape shifters (that'll be a fun tag-team to watch), an anti-Mage (...), Whooo... That fast girl, a gunzerker, a goon and friend, a big scaly guy (with issues), a musical instrument (and the girl who plays it), an alchemist (all hail our glorious leader), and the most powerful and ignorant geomancer I have ever seen. Seriously, he keeps a physical construct active as a /pet/ without batting a /single eyebrow/.

Yep, this is gonna be a good year.

Finally Tinglatio's turn came around for introduction. "Hello everyone, my name is Tinglatio, and I am an illusionist. Well, an illusionist first, not to say I'm useless In a fight, but let's just say I'm glad I don't have to fight most of you guys. Now, you all are wondering why I was placed in the very highest twit in the school, well..." He concentrated for a second and the paused sim from earlier slowly materialized on the table, still paused. Suddenly it started moving again, the sounds of a tiny battle filling the air. It was almost over anyway, the Seivanies army swiftly claimed victory and the sim disappeared. Tinglatio stepped back, giving the floor back to Myrillian.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 8:19 pm

After introducing herself Irile made herself comfortable. She stood with lax posture and her arms crossed over her chest. It was already established that this was far from a formal debriefing. Even though she was not standing at attention or beaming with excitement she remained silent to the best of her responsibility as a sign of respect towards their commander after her turn had passed.

That task proved rather difficult when a glittery mist began to sexually harass her. Just before she blurted out and tested whether or not she would have any more luck hitting a loudmouthed cloud than a loudmouthed sprite one of the high elves, presumably the one the gaseous creature was blathering about, pulled it under the table. As out of line as the cloud was for asking such questions, especially the one pertaining to her virginity Irile decided to let it go for now, she also decided that she would never date that man. Even if he didn't have that thing inside him he had just admitted to being a tool and that was a major turn off.

When Naida introduced herself Crile questioned how she managed not to jump in sooner and wagered that keeping silent that long was the most daunting task in the young sprite's life up to this point. She fumed slightly when it became apparent that the nickname "slowpoke" was going to stick, and her stomach growled when Naida offered to bring food. She almost gave in and whispered her order to the other girl but did not want to risk being called out. Even if Ginger Snap could fix her a plate without being noticed there was no way she could eat it without being seen. They would have some time to eat together after the meeting, maybe she would invite Mirthea as well seeing how eager she was to catch up after spring break. They were never exactly close, but it made sense to stay on good terms if they were to be working together.

There were a few other instances during the introduction where Irile had to bite her tongue. She had a strong urge to call out the featherbrain for showboating. How could he honestly expect them to be impressed. Next she wanted to object to the wood elf being on the team. Someone with unrefined powers of such a magnitude had no place in the field. He was more likely to get everyone killed than actually be of any help. Of course that was not something people would shout at a meeting with the schoolmaster's lapdog present, not to mention in charge.

It was not until the simulation went on that Irile lost her cool. She was able to make sense of the scene and it's components just before the image faded away. When it was over the now red-faced girl slammed both hands on the table and began to shout. It was not a regular shout, but her conceptualization of shouting which had grown progressively louder over years of working in a factory and handling firearms. "That is NOT what would happen! Not now. Not again. A united Gresgriegoluth would destroy ANY invading force, even the empire's. That's why they act so kind towards us." She had not realized what she was saying until she had already said it. Irile had shot her mouth off countless times in the past, but this easily topple all previous instances in terms of foolishness. She had no idea why she even said it. She loved the empire. She joined the academy to expand its power and win its approval, hadn't she? So why was she hostile? What worried her the most was the way she shout act instead of are. Had it been a coincidence or did she mean something by it? She wanted to run away, but she couldn't. There was no way she could back down now. Instead she scowled in frustration and prayed to the muses that the group would let the outburst slide without comment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 10:51 pm

Scale smiles, looking at has hands as the others start to reveal their usefulness and try to explain themselves. His fists ball, and he resists the urge to form a sword to throw at the Phoenix. At first thought he seemed arrogant, and then he noticed the wink. He snapped his teeth violently at nothing in particular.

With no particular reactions to the others, he looked over to Victoria, ignoring the presentation of another member "Thank you." At about this time he started to laugh out loud. He had just noticed how Irile seemed to be getting more and more irritated. Here it comes He thought to himself, a few moments before her outburst. "A bit touchy eh?" He teased, smiling Menacingly.

He popped his neck, stepping forward. "I am Scale, I can do a variety of things, mostly close quarter combat related. I have niegh impenetrable scales, only a weapon made of higher strength may pierce them, and blunt force is useless towards them." He formed a sword along his arm, and a sword of the longsword variety out of his scales. "I am never without a weapon, and I am blessed with incredible strength and agility. He yawns, reforming the blade along his arm to regular, and walking forward, his Scaled Longsword in hand. Scale took the blade, and set it down on the table in front of Myrillian. "A gift, to do with what you wish, the scales from my body it used have already been replaced." He yawned, turning on his heel and walked away, taking his place between Victoria and Rathion.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:47 pm

Each and every member of the group introduced themselves fairly honestly. The dumb zitherist- a high elf who strangely was extremely short- introduced herself first followed by Irle who was quite useful with a gun or guns (as Mirthea informed him).  A silver mist then began to blather on about something which seemed quite irrelevant to the meeting but was soon silenced by the high elf Tommy Wrath (according to the files). Naida- a sprite that moved at the pace of a bullet- spoke next; Myrillian still felt that she would make an excellent scout out in the wilderness. A not so simple farm boy introduced himself as Rathion Valor and besides his combat sills he also stated that he is at least an experienced magic dampener. Victoria, a fellow senior, and Myr’s cousin Mirthea followed the human farm boy’s introduction with their own. The two who appeared as a couple introduced themselves as siblings; between the two they used an interesting weapon and a mystic art. The young wood elf was next to speak and finally the illusionist ended the introductions of the team.

The young prince evaluated each of them in their use. The male yenadellooshi seemed somewhat of a show boat as did the illusionist though both their skills would come in useful during the practicum. The aura of the female yenadelloshi seemed slightly off, as though it had been infected by something though he could probe into that later. Irle, someone who mother was having watched, suddenly went on a rant about Gresgriegoluths military strength. She likely underestimated the danger behemoth and celestials could prove to any force outside the larger leviathan and the huge airborne ziz yet she would be correct in that Gresgriegoluth splitting off from the empire would be a massive loss to the military. The display was however somewhat worrying if despite the history there were still some factions within the other countries that wished to act against the empire or the royal family ( in the case of the later for not attempting to conquer the continent of Aeth.) “I will have to address her about this after everyone is dismissed” he thought as he did his best to appear pleasant and friendly. ”I don’t need a chasm to split my team, especially if this is merely a case of pride rather than an outburst against my families rule. After all…”

A sudden side comment by the drake/man thing broke Myr from his thoughts. Myrillian almost went a shade of red brighter than a sprites personality when the drake amalgamation began he’s introduction, trying to hide it by taking another bloody red apple from his appealingly empty pocket and beginning to eat it. ”How could I forget Scale. A huge mass of flesh and scales which easily stands out in any group.” the prince thought to himself somewhat angrily, forgetting completely bout his previous train of thought, even if just or the moment. Myrillian was however still listening to the draconic amalgamations introduction and was surprised to find himself with a second gift for the day.

“Thank you Scale” Myrillian said with the slightest hint of unsteadiness before he regained some of his senses and composure. “OK now that everyone has given their introductions, I guess to is safe to say that I am pleased to meet you all and apologies for not preparing some sort of meal for you to eat during the meeting, I have a number of apples should anyone be interested.  I am Myrillian Lorien Soniette as you all likely know. I am an anti-alchemist or herbal alchemist and s will likely play the role of tactician and support for our mission.” Myrillian was back to his fake smile and slightly cheerful act. “We have our official meeting at about five O’clock so I will leave the mission briefing till then. For now, are there any pressing questions that anyone wishes to ask, if not I shall dismiss this meeting. “
Back to top Go down
TheDarknessOfLoyalty

TheDarknessOfLoyalty

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 9:27 am

Nolarii simply smile, her hand slowly returning to her amulet, this time a message only being sent to Rathion, "Rathion. I fear I may have to keep my distance from you, for without themagic of my Amulet and my zither I can do nothing, however I wouldn't mind conversing with you at some point," She told the man, then reached out to the group as a whole once more, "There is something I forgot tomention about my method of communication. While it does touch on minds, I can no more see into them than one bereft of magic." With her words stated she rose to her full height and bowed to her commander, stepping away to get a meal of her own without another word.

Rathion, Scale and Zouch... I feel I can trust them. Myr too. He's... unlike what I thought he was. In time he'll strive not for approval of his father, but the country's instead. I don't see that happening any time soon though Just like a melody, sudden changes aren't always welcome, she mused as she ate, Perhaps... No. Last time I thought that about a man they rent my views about them in a single phrase. If they would say yes they'd approach me first... She sighed.
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 2:23 pm

All the excitement had Naida nearly bouncing off the walls. Somehow, with greater willpower than she knew she had, she managed to keep it all in for the rest of meeting. She stood next to Irile, bouncing lightly on her toes. She said not a word, even when Irile blew up about the illusionist's little presentation. She put a hand on Irile's back and hoped to help anchor her emotions a little. She knew better than to speak and make matters worse.

This group seems to have a positive effect on me. She thought. I can't remember the last time I actually thought before I spoke...

Still, the very moment Myrillian said the briefing was ended she shot off and grabbed a couple apples then shot back before anyone would have known she was gone. She tossed on e to Irile, not looking to see if she caught it or not. She ran a few circles around the gunslinger and let her mouth run wild for a moment.

"WOW! Now that was exciting! I totally thought you were gonna tear that illusionist a new one! I would have had your back though slowpoke, don't you worry! 'Course if you ever pick a fight with that huge guy... well I still got your back but we will likely just die together. Might be best if we avoid fighting anyone on our own team though. If you really want to let out some of that aggression lets go find that other speedster on campus and beat him up. Or better yet I know this boy named Clarence. He's always picking on me. But together we can teach that fathead a lesson. On second thought forget it. He's not worth it. Plus I'm hungry anyways. You want to sit down? We can sit together. What are you going to eat? Do you like bacon cause I am a huge fan. I like coffee too but they never let me have any. Sprite-ists! That's what they are! Hatin' on the little guys! ...Or girls..."

As she circled Irile at about fifty miles per hour and allowed her mouth to go about two hundred miles per hour, she caught a glimpse of the tall beauty Victoria. She quickly change course and zipped over. She gave her a quick hug and whipped back over to Irile. Once again she had acted without thinking. She had no idea if Victoria was a hugger or not. Oh well too late now.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 6:56 pm

The meeting was adjourned, and mostly everyone seemed to be preoccupied with their own agendas. Five o'clock meeting, huh, Victoria thought as she made her way from the table and over to where the exit was. Hopefully, if he was smart enough, Scales would most likely follow through. However, she looked back for a moment and checked to see if Rathion was coming along as well. She seemed quite concerned with what was going on with him, for he seemed distraught and uncomfortable during the meeting. The sprite came and gave her a hug so quick Vicktoria almost didn't realize it. She gave a smirk and an imaginary tip of the hat to her before heading off.
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 11:22 pm

Rathion was deeply touched by Victoria’s concern. He acknowledged her with a smile and a tilt of his head. He leaned a little closer to her so that he could whisper in her ear. “I’ll be fine,” He gently reassured her. He then returned to his stern position, feet shoulder width apart, shoulders back, chest forward, looking every bit the noble warrior. His hands were clasped behind his back. He watched as people began to show their abilities, one going as far as to transform into a phoenix. Many seemed magically reliant and he was glad he was holding himself back. The last thing he wanted to do was to adversely affect someone.

He was thoroughly surprised by Irile’s outburst, shown by the sudden rise in his brow. However, he did not feel it was his place to say anything. His eyes flickered towards the squad leader, the Prince, and he was again surprised by the lack of reprimand on his part. Perhaps he would like to avoid conflict within his squad. She seemed remorseful enough. However, any seed of dissension would grow to a rift between the two and bloom into a chasm between everyone in the group. Rathion decided he would ask Myr to be placed on Irile’s team, if only to keep an eye on her and mentor her.

Rathion,” His name in his head made him lose his stoic composure and his grey eyes began to search for the source. They fell upon Nolarii, who was touching her amulet. “I fear I may have to keep my distance from you, for without the magic of my Amulet and my zither I can do nothing, however I wouldn't mind conversing with you at some point,” She said. He wasn’t sure if she could hear her thoughts (a tidbit that was shortly cleared up). He acknowledged her with a nod of his head.

Deciding that speaking out loud would be rude, especially given the elf’s lack of self-control, he mouthed the words, “I understand. I look forward to talking to you,” to Nolarii. He hoped that she would see his message and that she wouldn’t think he was avoiding her.

Before he knew it, the meeting was over and people without questions were beginning to disperse. While Rathion still had a few things on his mind, he needed to get some air. His muscles felt taut and stiff from controlling his powers. It was more uncomfortable than anything, nowhere near painful, but still an irritant. He decided not to follow Victoria or Scale, still a little worried about how his powers would affect the Hydra-mix. So, he exited the dining hall and took a sharp right. He wandered until he got to a slightly secluded area and exhaled deeply.

It was like coming up for air after being underwater for so long. He exhaled and the anti-magic field flowed out of him. A small ripple emitted from his body, a slight, visible distortion that left as quickly as it came. He let his head fall back and his shoulders relax, breathing deeply. The anti-magic field pulsed erratically, sending out random spikes of length, until Rathion felt at ease. He condensed it into a ten foot field, as he usually did, and thought long and hard about the meeting. He felt a little bit like an outcast, being one of the few who didn’t rely on magic, and, worse yet, he could be devastating to a magically reliant member. Myr, Victoria, Irile, and Mirthea. To the best of his knowledge, those were the only four he wouldn’t have to completely negate his powers around.

Feeling prepared, Rathion steadily made the paladin circle smaller until it was just barely there. He walked back into the dining hall with a refreshed smile.

“Sir,” He said, addressing Myr and returning to his attentive stance, “I do have a team request, if I may,” He noticed Irile standing there out of the corner of his eye and decided to sugar coat his idea, “I would like to be placed with Ms. Irar,” He nodded towards her respectfully, making temporary eye contact before looking back at Myr, “I feel that having her down range would be beneficial to wherever I’m placed. If she can take out creatures defending more powerful ones, say, ones with magical barriers, I’ll have a clearer shot to getting to the heart of a problem with less risk for casualty and injury.”

“That is,” Rathion paused, turning to face Irile, “If you’d have me, ma’am.”
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddenforums.rpg-board.net
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 12:44 pm

After he had announced that their meeting was over, most of the team left the table. Myr however was uncertain as to whether that was good or bad. Irle, Rathion and Naida stayed but Naida seemed to stay more because she had formed some sort of attachment to Irle -whom she was racing around-rather than to query him. Irle was likely waiting for him to address her recent outburst; Rathion was another story though and the prince wondered what he had to query.

After ensuring he had Myrillian’s attention, Rathion said “I do have a team request, if I may, I would like to be placed with Ms. Irar. I feel that having her down range would be beneficial to wherever I’m placed. If she can take out creatures defending more powerful ones, say, ones with magical barriers, I’ll have a clearer shot to getting to the heart of a problem with less risk for casualty and injury.” While making various gestures to supplement the word he spoke. He also added a side comment to Irle but that was not important at the moment.

“Irle Irar.” Myrilian called to bring her attention to him “Would you like to talk with these two present or would you prefer to talk alone. I would prefer you to be comfortable in the situation.” The young prince said as he looked the gun toting lady straight in the eyes before turning briefly to address Rathion “I believe that I need to talk with Miss Irar before I make any plans for splitting the group Mr Valor. I do hope you understand.”
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 8:58 pm

The world around Irile seemed distant as she awaited Myrillian’s response. It was like she was still wearing her earphones. The others had barely registered on her radar. She would only be able to respond properly after the current situation was defused and her and the surrounding details she had blocked out at the time returned to her. It was a fight or flight response she had experience many times on the battle field, the world slowed and she zoomed in on the most important details only to remember the rest of her surroundings once the danger was over. This state was far less adaptive when shooting the person in front of you was not a viable option.

She had assumed Myrillian would either pull her aside to speak discretely or make a harsh example of her. She was surprised when he asked her to make that decision. Irile thought about the possible impact of the others overhearing their discussion, but she was curious to see how her new leader planned on handling such a scenario and she had nothing to hide. "Secrets aren't common practice where I come from, so go ahead and shoot if you have the stones."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 2:08 pm

Scale yawned, starting to feel uninterested in the entire group. He popped his neck, jumping from table to table as he left the room. He followed Victoria, and eventually caught up to her. He leaned in, whispering into her ear, asking her an important question, making sure no one besides himself and her could hear. "If I lose control of myself, I want you to kill me..." After he said it, he immediately turned, and walked away into the cafeteria where Myrillian was. "I need a sparring partner."
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 5:15 pm

Irile seemed so hung up on Myr's reaction to her outburst that she paid no mind at all to Naida. She tugged on Irile's shirt and tried to get her attention to show her a neat trick she could do.

"Hey hey watch this! Watch this, this is awesome! Hey hey you're going to miss it!" When Irile showed no sign of giving her any attention, Naida decided to just give her some space until she got all this mess sorted out.

She zipped off without another word, in search of someone else to talk to. She was no stranger to being ignored. It was in fact the story of her life and the very reason for her overbearing personality. She zipped around, spotting no one familiar so finally she settled back on the same bench where she had been sitting when she met Irile.

She pulled some headphones out of her pocket and listened to some music while laying back on the bench. She would have preferred to be on her feet and moving, but there just was not much to do until they moved out for the mission.
Back to top Go down
DinteDarkspear

DinteDarkspear

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 5:33 pm

After the end of the meeting and people slowly dispersed from the table Zouch decided to head to the library to research what exactly we were doing in this mission and what ever it was about. He came to the conclusion of this by seeing how people knew about it already so it had to be a common thing. He would have to look through school history to find what exactly he was doing.

He walked down the hallway with his map out trying to find the library getting a few stares from other students but easily ignored them. He wandered into the Library and stopped as he saw more books than he had ever seen in his life. The library was massive he began wondering if he would be able to find anything he wanted in this place. He began scanning the room and saw some receptionists at a desk and Zouch went up and asked them for where he could find books about the schools history on missions. They pointed him to the title of a few books and where to find them.

Zouch collected the books and sat down to read them. He opened the book and began to read and gain what information he could about this mission he was going on.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:21 pm

Myrillian noticed the flash of surprise on Irle's face. "I would prefer everyone to be comfortable, you are still my ally." the prince explained "But I will need to know what triggered your sudden outburst, and where your loyalties lie." Myr said sternly before adding "And don't try to lie, that shows quite clearly on ones aura."

The princeling's calm demeanor served only to anger Irile further. "I THOUGHT I already made that first part clear. I got upset because he was wrong. It is asinine to think Gresgriegoluth would fall that easily any time less than a hundred years ago. That kind of misinformation could be dangerous, and and and" She began to stutter as unforeseen raged boiled over her and momentarily washed the words from her mind. "and most of us don't have the privilege of being taken hostage and taken care of until Daddy comes to bail us out if things get nasty. We'll just die!" She slammed her fist at the end for emphasis. After several deep breathes she advanced to the next question. "As for your other concerns." The shameless unzipped her school jacket and unbuttoned her white undershirt to reveal a large patch of scar tissue covering the majority of her torso. She chuckled briefly expecting her brashness would leave the prim and proper noble boy speechless. A sly grin of victory stretched across her face as she continued. No one would doubt her loyalty now. "This runs most of the way down to my cooch and up the better part of my bosom. I got it jumping on a grenade for my last unit. It put me intensive for more than a month. So know that the next time you come to test my loyalty you'll succeed only in testing my patience."

As quickly as it came, the look of shock on Myrillian's face vanished. "Irle Irar, consider what your words could mean to the members of rebel groups within Gresgriegoluth or to enemy nations. The La'merisy navy will likely always be a force to be reckoned with and an alliance between various nations could be disastrous." He whispered to the guns-woman. "Please be careful with your words, especially in the position you and your family is in."

The young prince sighed as he removed a file from his pocket along with another apple, the prior of which he slid to Irle. "I know about the incident but your motive could easily have been to make yourself look trustworthy. You know nothing about my past but believe me when I say that I have reasons to mistrust everyone." Smiling slightly Myr added a question to his statement "Now what do you know about you parents? please do not try to hide anything."

Just as Irile had foretold, the pompous high elf was now testing her patience, something the proud human had little of. She could not comprehend why he was so intent on attacking her so. She had said nothing wrong. She simply stated what had seemed to be an obvious fact to her. "Oh you have GOT to be freaking kidding me. How could you possibly believe anyone would jump on a grenade for show. I could have died. I almost did die. Do you have any blasted idea how hard it is to recover from your internal organs being turned into soup, even with magic? Let me tell you it's no beach vacation. And what do my parents have to do with any of this?" She hated the way elves were so indirect. It made her feel like they were always hiding something. Where she came from people were always blunt and honest. You always knew what they were thinking. What she hated even more was the smug the sprung up across the prince's face as he grilled her. She wished there was a way for her to wipe it off his face. When she realized that there wasn't she answered his question after some thought, not particularly liking what she came up with herself. "I think….my dad was a soldier or something. He never really talked much about what things were like before I was born." The words made her feel uneasy. Her father had always been so open about everything else, so why did she know so little about his past? Did he just never think it was important enough to merit discussion, or had he intentionally kept something from her, and if so, what and why? With trembling hands she opened the envelope that Myrillian's slid to her and paged through its contents.
Back to top Go down
CoolMusette

CoolMusette

Location : On fire. Ninjas can't catch you when you're on fire...

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Tommy stood up, looked around, and strode off to go beat someone up at the arena. With how the mission was beginning to look, and the student dueling tournament coming up soon after that, Tommy simply wanted to make sure that he was ready.
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 9:11 am

Rathion had stepped to the side and faded into the background to allow Myr and Irile to talk. He began to feel more and more awkward as time went on. Between Irile's short fuse and Myr's well-meaning, but obviously ineffective, way of handling it, the situation grew to a point Rathion felt he had to step in. This was especially true after the young woman bared her scars for all to see.

She didn't have an issue with loyalty; she was proud. She was proud of herself, of her country, and of her accomplishments. He realized that as she described the grenade situation. It was less of a 'this is how loyal I am' and more of a 'I dare you to tell me that after you've seen what I've done'. The difference was slight, but noticeable to Rathion. Suddenly he felt much more relieved, though, and didn't feel the need to watch over her. At least, not for the group's sake. She'd only be a danger to herself. On that thought, maybe he really should guard her.

"Perhaps..." Rathion said, stepping up so that the three of them made a triangle. He didn't want to come between them and look like he was overruling Myr's authority, but he definitely wanted to make his presence known. "The secrets should be revealed later, in private," Rathion nodded towards Irile, eyes darting towards the page that was sticking out for all to see, "After all, there are curious people about and gossip spreads like wildfire."

"I believe that Ms. Irar was simply exhibiting patriotism at the time of her outburst. We are all proud of where we come from. I, myself, see celestials as a force to be reckoned with should anything unfavorable happen," Rathion then dipped his head towards Myr, an attempt to show respect to the crown, "What I'm trying to get at here is that our respective countries are part of your empire because the majority chooses to be. I believe that should prove our loyalty well enough."

"Of course, as the heir to the throne, that puts some pressure on you. It will be your responsibility to ensure the continued amicability in the empire," Rathion paused, then offered a small smile towards Myr, "I'm sure you will do just fine."

"If you don't mind, sir," Rathion said, again tipping his head towards Myr. He then turned towards Irile to look at her, "If we have cleared up any misconception, I believe Ms. Irar would like to review the envelope you gave her. Perhaps her dismissal is in order?"

He hoped he handled this tactfully enough that both parties were satisfied and neither lashed out at him.
Back to top Go down
TheDarknessOfLoyalty

TheDarknessOfLoyalty

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 3:00 pm

Having finished her food, Nolarii raised herself to her feet, having heard the conversation between Myr and Irile she looked down, feeling a little inadiquate after hearing how brave Irile was, just to save another. She reached up to her amulet and, tentatiely reach out to the human's mind and told her, "I feel blessed to be in the same team as one so blessed with courage."

Retracting her hand from the amulet she simply moved to a less isolated seat, and once again bringing Etwahl to rest in front of her. She began to pluck out a calm and slow tune, each note seeming filled with a melancholy calm yet an undertone of personal inadequacy. Her eyes closed as she played, preferring not to let people see her inner turmoil through her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:52 am

"That file is not secret, merely the schools records on miss Irar." Myr said calmly before adding "If it had been secret  would not have revealed more tan I thought necessary without higher approval."

Myrrilian took a few bites of his apple before beginning to speak again, still calm as a mirror of water despite his uneasiness with what he was about to do. "I will accept that as the reason for her outburst for now. You will be responsible for her, as you requested earlier." The prince said as he looked a Rathion "I still have my doubts but if others will vouch for her then I will stand down for the time being."

Myr then turned to Irle, his smile faded as he said "I would like you to try and see my mother, if possible. Perhaps she can clear an suspicions I have. I would also like you to know that I don't trust anyone, which includes you and my parents."

The prince then stood up, picking up the apple cores on the table. "I trust no one ha any more questions?"

Last edited by Mist on Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brennie42

brennie42

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 10:58 pm

Tinglatio had not moved much once he sat down after his surprisingly controversial performance. He sat quietly, watching the excited antics of everyone around him with mild interest, noting their mannerisms, their interactions and relationships with each other. The group mostly annoyed him so far, except for Myrillion, he had good leadership and judgement, but the rest of them just seemed to lack focus.

Myr wound down the nearly overhyped situation with Irar, finishing with a final question for the students who had decided that this team was worth not walking off to pursue their own interests.

"I have one question if you may." Tinglatio offered, and with the provided nod from Myr, continued "I would like to confirm the Place and Time and Subject of our next meeting."
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:32 pm

Naida had zipped off to the gym to burn off some energy. She spent some time on the speed bag to work up a good sweat. She had her own personal speed-bag set apart just for her, because she tended to break them and this one was custom made to take the abuse. She pounded away at it, moving so fast that most would not be able to actually keep track of the movements of her hands. To most the whole work out would look like a nothing more than a very loud blur.

When she finally worked up a good burn in her arms, she hopped into the sparring ring and shadow boxed. She whipped around the ring ducking and weaving, throwing endless jabs at imaginary enemies. Music blasted in her ears and her mind wandered back to the meeting. She pictured each of her new teammates and wondered how well the team would end up working together? Some of them seemed unlikely to be good team players. Irile was apparently a bit of a hothead, the huge scaly guy was insane, and that weird smoke thing was even more obnoxious than her! And what about her? Naida was not exactly a team player herself. She was loud, arrogant, and the only thing faster than her feet was her mouth!

This train of thought was starting to make her a little lonely. Suddenly she could not stop thinking about the fact that there were thirty other people in this gym and none seemed at all interested in sparring with her; even though many were standing outside the ring sparring each other. She went on shadow boxing but her motivation was quickly dying out...
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Irile was relieved to find that there were people on her unit she would be able to call friends, even if the princling was not among them. At this point she no longer cared about his opinion of her. She held nothing but contempt for him. One who could not trust in others was unfit to lead a school project must less a kingdom. Thankfully being so low in the birth order practically guaranteed he'd never sit atop the throne.

Her new disregard for Myrillian allowed her to speak openly to the gentleman who spoke on her behalf. She walked up next to him and give him a hearty pat on the back. Those of a more delicate persuasion would have called it a slap or a blow she suspected that the robust man before her would barely feel anything at all. "You know you've got some serious stones Mr. Valor. Of course then again you probably need them to stick to the good old fashioned sword and board in this day and age. I respect that though. You don't hear people using their sirs and ma'ams much these days.  Anyway thanks for standing up for me even though it got you on the boss man's scrap list. Then again it seems like the whole world is on it. Speaking of which," She paused for a moment as she pivoted back around to face Myrillian. "Wherever can I find your mommy dearest, your highness." She said in a pointed tone that did nothing to conceal her distaste. She did not understand how going to someone else the boy distrusted would help clear his doubts of her, but she had some questions of her own and hoped the queen would be more forward than her precious baby boy.

Last edited by Drummy on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 5:21 pm

"The meeting is at three in the hall." Myrillian informed Tinglatio almost absent mindedly before turning to Irle Irar and Rathion Valor the prior of which suggested that e held some sort of grudge towards the later. "I have absolutely no problem with Mr Valor, rather I am placing enough faith in him to watch over you should you be acting on some other agenda. Try reception, my mother would likely be staying in whatever residence she has on campus or have made some way to contact her, and try not to annoy her in any way as I still do see your abilities as useful."
Back to top Go down
TheDarknessOfLoyalty

TheDarknessOfLoyalty

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 9:52 am

He cannot trust? Then why am I under his command? Nolarii questioned with a sigh, the discordant thought beginning to slip into her music. With a mental sigh she attempted to growl, her music stopping abruptly but no noise leaving the vertically challenged High Elf's lips. Oh how she wished she could scream with a normal voice at Myr right now... Instead she reached for her amulet as usual.

"If you cannot trust, that how can you expect us to trust you, Myrillian? It's one thing to be wary, but without trust you'll see phantoms of betrayal everywhere, even in those who are willing to give their lives to ensure your survival. I'll suffer your command for now... But mark my thoughts, Prince: Should you get even one of the team killed I will not hesitate to make you suffer for it. That is a promise." She told the Prince's mind, her displeasure at his inability to trust clear in every syllable she projected. With her mind spoken she rose and left the cafeteria, once measured and graceful steps are now both forced and uneven. In the outside air she breathed heavily before slamming Etwahl with a fist. Accurssed fates! Why must you give me the people that only hinder me? She screamed in her mind, glowering at her eyelids as they closed.

With her mind enraged she dared not attempt to play, instead walking off to the one place she rarely, if ever, went to. The Gym.
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 1:27 pm

Rathion appreciated the tune the mute Elf was playing. His grey eyes drifted closed, allowing the melancholy melody to wash over his system. The situation seemed to have fizzled out. Peace was restored. He had accomplished what needed to be done and given responsibility for Irile.

Wait, what? Rathion's eyes snapped open and he looked at Myr.

"Wait, what?" Asked the paladin, his cool demeanor rattled, "Responsible for her on the battlefield?" Rathion didn't mind that too much, considering he already felt that everyone should look out for each other. He hoped Myr didn't mean it by what Rathion's first thought was, "Or responsible to watch over her, even off field?" He didn't have time to babysit! (Well, actually, he did) He didn't know how to watch her! (Again, he really could) It would be impossible! (Not really, he could do it)

He barely even felt the pat on the back that Irile gave him, and not just because of her comparatively tiny hands. He was still in a little bit of shock. She didn't seem to mind, though, already going off and running her mouth to Myr. Was he the only one who thought that maybe he'd have to follow Irile around and get her out of trouble? Judging off of the past thirty minutes, that'd be a full time job. Someone asked a question and Myr responded to Irile and explained where the meeting would be. All the while the usually patient paladin was waiting anxiously to hear his sentence.

Suddenly, the mute woman got up and left abruptly. Rathion wasn't sure why or where she was going. He felt the need to follow but he couldn't. He had to get his answer before he could leave. Fortunately, though, with her out of the room he could let his powers go. He gradually released his tight control, like lowering a heavy object via a rope. The anti-magic aura resumed its resting position. Those who regularly relied on magic would feel a little off, like when one's routine is broken. Those who didn't would feel no effect at all.

"Ah, excuse me sir," Rathion asked, "Are you saying you want me to escort her indefinitely?"

Okay, so maybe he didn't focus on anything that was truly important, such as the next meeting or Myr's lack of trust for his crew, but his mind was slightly preoccupied by the idea of having to tame this bucking filly.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Myriliian sighed, from Rathion's question and his uneasiness, it was fairly obvious as to what was running through the man's mind. "You just need to keep an eye on her. Perhaps I may make further use of you but for now I will just leave it at that." the young prince added calmly then back tracked to the short elf's words "To ease everyone still present, I will not allow a single death within the group. I will repeat this later and perhaps elaborate on things that are troubling the group."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Legacy of Conquest
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next