The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Gathering

Go down 
+7
Vaas
Drummy
Mist
Lord Coake
Riffus Maximus
Einselar
Umbra
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Umbra

Umbra

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 2:45 pm

Once upon a time there was a great and wondrous castle in a faraway land full of mysterious and marvelous creatures. The kingdom surrounding the castle was made up of glorious rolling hills and ancient forests covering thousands of acres. Every hill was blanketed with lush grass of bright green and shining gold. What other lands know as spring flowers cover these hills year round. The hills are adorned every day of the year with bright yellow, purple, red, and every other desirable color known to man. From time unmemorable songs and stories have honored the beauty and grace of these hills. Only the forests themselves are given more praise. The forests, made up of beech, oak, cypress, pine, and even the mighty redwood, guard the borders of the kingdom. Tall proud sentinels looking out over the outlands, the forests are a barrier on three sides of the kingdom called Gemma Polentia. To the east of Gemma is found The Infinitus sea; an ocean so vast that none have seen its end, and most believe it has none.

Gemma Polentia has stood as a beacon of light and hope in the world for so long that some call it the “Endless Kingdom”, believing it had no beginning and will have no end. The Queen, Helianthus Spero, is more than just beloved by her people; she is a treasure in and of herself. She is strong, brave, beautiful, refined, proud, and cunning. Her mercy and generosity is praised in song as highly as her power, which is considerable. Under her rule the kingdom has prospered even more than it did under the thousand year rule of her mother, Sunflower Spero.

But now Gemma Polentia is under a threat the likes of which has never been seen. In recent years, the outlands have grown wild and dangerous. Creatures never before seen in Gemma have begun to stalk the outer borders of the forests. Woodmen and hunters have been found butchered and survivors tell tales of great and terrible beasts and powerful warlocks. Some of the Wildmen that live beyond the borders of Gemma have taken refuge in the kingdom, claiming that vast armies, millions strong, have driven them from their homes. When questioned about the nature of these armies, they described nightmare creatures with black skin and long bloody tusks.

Queen Heian (as she is called by the people) can no longer sit idly by while this plague encroaches upon her borders. Gemma has never needed an army before and she is loath to raise one now. Instead, she turns to the mysterious power given to her by her mother. Using every resource at her disposal she has devised a way to call upon heroes from every corner of the universe! Even from other times and dimensions!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok so it’s like this-

You must use an old retired bio.

You cannot create a new character but you can update the old one a little if you want.

There is no power limit. You can be human or one of the gods from DC, just be reasonable about it.

You can simply copy and paste the old bio, their story in Gemma will start the moment the IC starts

Because the characters are coming from other times and dimensions, there are no tech limitations for the characters, but the tech in Gemma is medieval

There is no bio format since all bios are coming from different RPs, just make sure you have all the basic info.
Back to top Go down
Einselar

Einselar

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Are denied bios allowed? I have one that uses time magic but doesn't actually alter time.
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 3:23 pm

Any bio you have even made is allowed, that doesnt necessarily mean I wont ask you to make some changes, but that will only be if they are so op as to ruin the rp.
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 3:34 pm

Just to be clear, the bio does not need to make sense for this rp. They will be taken from their own worlds so there is no need to adjust the bio to fit the world of Gemma. My only suggestion is a brief description of the tech/ magic level of their world. This is not required though.

Name: Marya Chevaller

Voice: Small and girlish.

Skills/Abilities/Powers:
Crash magic- Marya can cause mass destruction with just a touch. Her entire body is basically an instant wrecking ball. If she is distracted and leans on a building, she can cause the whole thing to collapse unintentionally. She can use her abilities to charge through walls or even smash large holes in the ground. Her abilities do not affect organic matter the same. If she hits something living with her power, that thing will be sent flying through the air, but not be automatically destroyed like an inanimate object would be. On a all out rampage Marya can set out at a dead sprint and basically nothing can stop her unless it hits her from behind.

She only knows that she can cause things to fall apart by touching them and concentrating, beyond that her powers are hidden from her.

Also Marya is extremely talented with several instruments including the Ocarina, Flute, and the Piano.
She also is fluent in Spanish and Urdu as well as English.

Personality: Awkward and clumsy. Marya is not shy but tends to be socially awkward and a very random in the things she says and does. Her mind is very scattered and she often is not on the same subject as everyone else when a conversation is going on. She has no social graces and also has very little self awareness. She is also very hyper, playful, and fun-loving. It is near impossible to get her angry unless someone threatens her family or friends. She is known to throw tantrums to get her way, but these are for show and she is not really angry, although they often end with a big mess due to her powers.

Appearance: Marya is about 5' 3" tall and has a small childish figure. She has long inky black hair down to her thighs which she keeps braided most of the time. She has deep-set dark eyes that always look a little sleepy and a pretty smile. She is not the most conventionally attractive girl but is very beautiful in her own way.  She wears Saris most of the time and her favorite one is sky blue with white trim. When she expects to be very active (especially when using her powers) she wears a dark blue shalwar which does not show dirt and mess easily.

History: Marya was allowed more freedom than her older brother Daha, but not much. She spent most of her days being driven to work hard by her overbearing mother. She worked hard to learn multiple languages and also to learn to play several instruments. Although she was focused and hard working most days, it was never enough for her mother and she would often feel inadequate. Sometimes her brother Daha would come to her defense and it usually turned into a big blow out argument between him and their parents.
Marya was socially awkward and had a hard time making friends at first, although when someone took the time to get to know her, they usually loved her due to that same awkwardness. She had a very active mind which often came out seeming random and out of place to people. Before long the other high society children began to call her Baby, because when she talked it was often so random it was practically baby gibberish. Some used this nickname as a term of endearment while others meant it as a cruel joke.

Worlds tech: Steampunk

I will also be the Queen, but she will have no part in the actual adventure.

Name: Helianthus Spero
Appearance: 5' 9" Bright golden hair down to her ankles, pale white skin. She is so beautiful she hardly looks human.
History: Most of Helianthus' history will be revealed IC if necessary. Suffice it to say she is the daughter of a magical being named Sunflower and her father is an unknown human. She has ruled over Gemma for centuries.
Abilities/powers: The extent of Helianthus' power is unknown to all but herself. She has control over light, blood, plants, and many other strange abilities that most cannot even imagine.
Personality: Revealed IC
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Perhaps, just perhaps, I'll finally get the opportunity to RP this character for a long time. However, I'm not quite sure what you would make of the Death God in this RP, so tell me if you want this character to be toned down.

Name: Riffus Maximus (aka The Undertaker)
Domains: Death and funerals
Chosen gender: Male

Appearance: A pearl-white skinned being of 6 feet tall and 150 pounds, bearing silver long hair and red eyes to complete his already pale skin. However, his whole body, except his hands is concealed underneath flowing black robes with torn edges. Wrapped around his chest is a silk gray funeral draping. The hood on his face conceals the upper part of his face, leaving only his grim smile to show at onlookers. He has a wide array of strange jewelleries, from skull earrings to devilish-looking rings and a wicked belt.

Instrument/tool:
-Erholsamer: The Undertaker's most beloved instrument, it has been his companion for as long as he can remember. It is a dreadful 6 foot-long black scythe with a wicked 3 foot-long silver blade and a 7 foot long chain wrapped around the handle, attached to the scythe's base. Erholsamer has an alternate form, a spade known as "The Shovel of the Restful". It is not only a weapon capable of digging through earth with untold ease, but also has the ability of manipulating earth. A simple toss of earth from this spade can create a hail of rocks or a giant boulder, and can even shape earth into an elemental with a thrust into the earth. Those buried by the spade cannot be brought back to life or communicate by any means, and their spirit pass on to the afterlife peacefully. Also, the spade can also be used to bring the dead back from the grave to fight for the Undertaker, as long those long-dead weren’t buried by the Shovel of the Restful.

History: For as long as he knew, Max has always believed he was the incarnation of Death, or at least a being created in order to carry out order in death into a new world. As such, The Undertaker came on this world with only a single purpose in mind: monitoring those who depart from their mortal coil and ensure the souls of the dead know eternal rest. From the day he set this goal in mind, Riffus Maximus had been a neutral and passive figure wandering the new world, finding his resolve as he watched over the battles over supremacy over the world. But the presence of an envoy of Death is something few can ignore, and thus his help was often solicited in either reducing casualties or bringing death to the other side. But as a passive individual, The Undertaker found himself refusing offers made to him, finding little to no interest in what physical offers was promised to him. As such, he led quite a troubled existence to deal with the angered gods. But as one who wields the power of Death, he managed to get by and continue to guide the damned spirits into eternal rest.

Personality: On the contrary of what people would assume of a being embodying Death, The Undertaker is a most extraverted man, eccentric and always welcoming. Being in solitude due to his occupation, he seeks to laugh when he speaks to other people, although his humor is quite dark. He loves to pull pranks on people, as he also loves to see them trying to pull one on him. He’s always focused on the present and cares little about the future. Even in the darkest of times, he keeps on grinning and steps forward with promises of a better future, even in death. He is a dreamer, often found gazing at the sky when he is doing nothing.

Family: Max has no family that he knows of. If he had one, it must’ve been lost in a past he can’t remember. To him, The Undertaker has been created by a higher power, perhaps Creation itself, as he now is to carry out a duty few would do.
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 4:23 pm

No, do not tone him down one bit lol. I love the idea of having him in this rp. And I think he has enough of his own will and motives that his power wont be much of a problem.
Back to top Go down
Einselar

Einselar

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 5:28 pm

Name: Ayperos
Race: Human/Demon
Class: Time Thief Assassin
Appearance: Short black hair, Black
Equipment: Completely dressed in black at all times, most of his outfit is leather except for the cloth hood he uses to hood his eyes. He has multiple knives throughout his person that total 13. His other weapon is a high powered crossbow. If the bolt is barbed, he can pin the target to the wall behind them. He has no animal companions.

Skills: Very Atheletic. He can leap up to a 12 foot gap and land sturdily on his feet even if the landing place is a thin beam.
Spells: Time Thief - When Ayperos kills a human or supernatural creature, he gains the rest of their lifespan as counted in human years. (Average lifespan is 65 years, so if a dragon would live for 2000 years and is 1300 years old when killed, its remaining 700 years would translate into an extra 22.75 years of maximum lifespan for Ayporos.
Stolen Goods - Ayperos can take time from his future timeline and translate it into extra time now or glance back into time and change events. Extra time takes a year per minute. Glancing takes 2 years per second.
(These abilities only affect himself. They cannot effect other PCs)
Weaknesses: Stolen Goods cannot be used when Ayperos is carrying any one item heavier than 15 lbs. So plate armor is out of the equation.
Back to top Go down
Lord Coake

Lord Coake

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 6:47 pm

Name: Lord Coake
Domain: Insanity
Chosen gender: Male
Appearance: Coake is of a semi-muscular build, but is very strong for his appearance. He has nearly white medium length hair, and a short, bushy beard of the same color. His face appears old and gaunt, as if he is very elderly. He wears a formal Victorian-era suit that is split down the middle, one side being dark colors of black and grey, while the other side is made up of bright purples and greens.
Instrument/tool: A chainsaw tied to the end of a staff. Coake refers to it as the "Fun Pole"
History: Lord Coake, like most Gods, was never created or born, but has always existed.  He marks his past by his creations rather then events or time periods. His most recent creation is what he uses as his Godly Tool, dubbed the "Fun Pole", it consists of another of his inventions, the chainsaw, tied to the end of a staff.
Personality: Very......Random, to say the least, at random moments, he alternates from being the funny kind of insane, to being the darker, demented side. He'll rave on and on to his mortal followers about clouds and cheese, then threaten to rip out their organs and beat them to death with them.
Family: None
Reason for wanting to rule/exist in this world: His reason for wanting to exist: To see others, both divine and mortal, use his creations.
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Just hoping for one or two more before we start.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 5:20 pm

I will need a mod to help me get the bio but I am applying with Mist from DC2WQL. He will not have any of his powers save for the ability to use necromancy and the powers garnted by his weapon. I will ask for the thread to be moved so that I can slaim the bio asap.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 1:30 am

Whether I join this RP or not depends on my knowing my own limitations and my options. The following series of questions is to help my determine the later.

1. Can we use retired bios from other forums?
2. Can we tweak retired bios?
3. If a bio was deleted *glares at Aroro* can we remake me it to submit for this?
4. Will this RP allow for characters to develop thier abilities and emotionally?
5. Where do you stand on full frontal male nudity in an RP?

Yes that last question was entirely relevent.

EDIT: Forgot a question. How do you plan on handling the gross inbalance in player powerlevels? I am fine with being well below others in terms of abilites, but I cannot join an RP where my character is rendered useless or irrelenvent to the plot due to other characters.
Back to top Go down
Einselar

Einselar

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 1:34 am

Indeed I feel Drummy's question is relevant. With the intense power that's being tossed about I can't really compete. I mean,my character is powerful, but nearly as strong as other characters.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 2:31 am

While it isn't comforting enough to reassure, I'll just play the "powerful yet mostly uninvolved" cards. My character is mostly there for sole RPing purpose, not really for combat. My godly persona wasn't created to be a badass and kill everyone with deathly powers, just assist other players in their endeavours. If it creates too much concern, I have a version of this character in Igbor that is toned down to "mortal powers" (he's still a demon though).

Coake is probably the same. He's the God of Insanity, meaning that you just don't know what he might be doing at all during the RP. He probably would not even use his power to blow someone up, just maim said foes with random shizzle. Then again, it leaves the door open for godmod (quite literally) if CJ wills it.

Perhaps a suggestion that I can make is that our godly characters have lost part of their powers due to being ripped from their original worlds. They could perhaps slowly regain their powers as the RP progress because they would adapt more into the world they've been brought into. That would count as the abilities and in-depth developments Drummy is looking for.
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 5:28 am

Drummy wrote:
1. Can we use retired bios from other forums?
2. Can we tweak retired bios?
3. If a bio was deleted *glares at Aroro* can we remake me it to submit for this?
4. Will this RP allow for characters to develop thier abilities and emotionally?
5. Where do you stand on full frontal male nudity in an RP?

Yes that last question was entirely relevent.

EDIT: Forgot a question. How do you plan on handling the gross inbalance in player powerlevels? I am fine with being well below others in terms of abilites, but I cannot join an RP where my character is rendered useless or irrelenvent to the plot due to other characters.

1. Yes. Any and all old bios from any place or time.
2.Yes, but do not cater it to this rp, the idea is to have a character made for another time and place.
3. Yes...tentatively. If you are confident you can remake it very close to the original.
4. The intro was left deliberately vague because I did not want to make people feel pressured to choose one kind of character or another (ie. if it was a world ruled by elves and they had an elf character...) But there will be plenty of opportunity for character development IC.
5. Ummmmmmmmm..... *faints*

As for your last question, I will be entirely honest I had not given it much thought. Queen Helianthus is extremely powerful, not god-like but still.... so I am thinking we will go with Max's idea except that it was intentional on her part in order to ensure the safety of the kingdom in case she brought over someone with ill intent. I will explain more IC but keep in mind that I wont let anyone's charries become useless, but there will be greatly varied power levels, its part of the fun.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:45 pm

I was going to suggest that the gods powers ( save for Riffs) be kept at a magic skill, tools and whatever their weapon gives them as their godly persona is now bound to Iaras, Riff I didn't include because his story suggests that he still has a relationship to other worlds as may Luna.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 1:14 pm

Quote :
Name:   Mist
Domain:   Mysteries
Chosen gender:   Male or male and female
Appearance:  
Quote :

Mist
Mist has midnight blue hair reaching down his back. He appears as an 18 year old boy, though he has a kind face. Mist has rainbow eyes and sometimes has large angel wings in place of his ears (sometimes he just has normal ears) with silver tipped feathers.  Artemis is pretty plain (by god standard, so he is still drop dead gorgeous by mortal standards Smile [How beautiful must Aro bee then?]) and his face shows no hardness or any facial hair. He is slender and lightly muscled. Artemis wears black jeans with leather straps round his right thigh. There is a silver chain with gold runes and skulls attached to his pants. Mist wears a Midnight blue form fitting t-shirt with a dazzling pendant representing a serpentine dragon like creature as well as a white shirt over the top. The white shirt is left unbuttoned. Mist also wears black leather boots reaching up to his knees with a thick sole. His boots have silver caps on the toes and straps with silver buckles up the leg. Mist wears his hair untied, though there is a braid or two in his hair.

In his dragon form Mist appears as a kilometer long serpentine dragon with shiny metallic blue scales (though there is quite a number of gold scales) and a silver underbelly. His eyes are Red like Roses*. His tail ends in a fleshy cross like shaped blade thing. His face in this form has a few horn (adorned with jewellery) and a few fins and fleshy whiskers. In this form there will usually be a mist floating around him, the mist is actually part of him and he part of the mist.

Quote :
Artemis la Sol
The Gathering Artemi10
Quote :
Apollo el Luna
The Gathering Apollo10

Quote :
Instrument/tool:  Enigma, a sturdy silver scythe with, intricately designed with skull and flower ( mainly roses) shapes woven into the metal oak branches. At the lower end of the scythe is an attachment much like Soi-Fon’s  shikai and this stinger is designed in a similar fashion to the scythe.
Enigma can split itself into two halves, each bearing half of the actual weapons powers.

Anyx is the stinger.  Anyx can spread illusions and produce the heat of a star at its sharp tip.
Adiur is the scythe. Adiur has the power of illusions and can emit temperatures of absolute zero from it’s cutting edge.

Both weapons can fling their heat or ice as a weapon if they so choose.
When Anyx and Adiur are split Mist will split as well, becoming Artemis la Sol and Apollo el Luna. As said before Enigma has the powers of both weapons.
Quote :
History:    Artemis was born to Tshepiso, one of the many gods who always existed. He lived happily with his mother for many thousands of years until eventually she heard of a new universe up for grabs. Entering the universe as the goddess of war, love, hate and peace she conquered all her opponents and became the ruler of that world. Alone, Artemis searched for friends till he met Aroro Monroe and eventually joined her when she went to make her own rule. He was among the first gods to come to Iaras and created Amilscelesta which later became the capitol of the Namithe Empire. A few thousand years after the end of the god war, Artemis decided to change his role and name, becoming Mist the god of mysteries.
Quote :
Family:
Tshepiso, Mother and queen of another world
Ashara Myrrh veil-Amorista, his wife and the goddess of magic.

Last edited by Mist on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:45 pm

I'm not going to stop people from having fun in this RP since they already signed up and I haven't. I still feel this needs to be said though. Doesn't everyone but one person playing as gods from the same world setting kind of defeat the idea of what Evee was going for?
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:57 pm

Sadly yes, I somewhat want to ask if I can bring in another character who I didn't really get a chance to use ( and who didn't come from Iaras. I decided to use Mist because I was unable to use him at all due to the lack of interest in the rp.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:03 am

I agree with Drummy on that one. So for the sake of originality and because I feel bad having having started the "use Divine Collision's gods" ball, I'll be retiring my godly persona from this RP. Instead, I'll play as either of these two, whichever people would love to see in the RP:

From Toke - Playground of Mischief and Mayhem wrote:

Name: Aranea
Race: Nagmeri

Appearance: Aranea, like all Nagmeri, have two forms. Her natural and true self is a woman with the lower body of a spider and the upper body of a human woman. The second is an astonishingly beautiful young woman of 20 years old.

-Arachnid Form: Standing tall of her spider legs, Aranea stands at a total of 10 feet high and weighs around 200 pounds. The spider part of herself is pitch black, while her humanized parts are consisted of a slender and curvy purple-toned body, long and flowing black hair and red feline-like irises.

-Human Form: Just like that human parts of the Arachnid Form, but her skin tone becomes lighter instead of purple and her lower spider body transforms into actual human legs. Amongst humans, Aranea has untold beauty compared to even goddesses.

Personality: Quiet and calculating, Aranea appears as some sort of cold and silent creature, striking when least expected. Just as most Nagmeri, she harbors wicked schemes for mortals or anyone who has the ability to dream. Being the mother of all Nightmare Weavers, and the most beautiful of all, she thinks highly of herself. Over the ages, Aranea lost her lust for men and other pleasures, but she remains as ambitious as the one who seeks to further bring her children to prosperity.

Voice: Aranea has the voice of a mature woman. It doesn’t sound girlish at all, but it isn’t too deep either. The way she talks also suggest a hint of arrogance, or someone who thinks highly of itself. Furthermore, she speaks with a dominant tone, inspiring respect and compliance.

Skills and magic: Nagmeri are dream eaters. Their powers not only include the ability of manipulate dreams, but they are also able to induce sleep to their victims.

-Dream Sight: Placing their hands on someone sleeping, Nagmeri are able to see the dreams of that person.

-Dreamwalk: Once seeing the dream of their victims, Nagmeri can choose to take part of their victims’. The dream becomes in fact an alternate reality inside their victim’s imagination for the Nagmeri. Once inside a dream, Nagmeri do as they pleases, and can leave whenever they want.

-Nightmare Spinner: After seeing the dreams of their sleeping victim, Nagmeri can “feast” on those dreams by absorbing them. As a result of having its dreams taken away, a victim is now taken by violent and gruesome nightmares.

-Dream Web: Like spiders, Nagmeri are also able to make webs. Anything coming in contact with the web find themselves becoming drowsy the more time they are in contact with the web. Eventually, those stuck too long in the web are falling asleep in it, leaving themselves prey for the Nagmeri’s Nightmare Spinner ability.

-Dream Sting: Located on the tip of their lower body is a poisonous string. The poison dripping from the sting is in fact a sleeping agent that, once in the bloodstream, makes those affected by the poison falling asleep, once again prey for the Nagmeri’s Nightmare Spinner ability.

-Shapeshift: A Nagmeri has two forms, Arachnid and Human. During the day, Nagmeri are free the change between Human and Arachnid forms. During the night, the Nagmeri cannot turn into humans. If already in human form while the sun sets, a Nagmeri reverts to her Arachnid form.

History: In Fyrun, there exists a Spider Goddess in the godly planes that wanted to leave her mark on the mortal realm. From her own flesh and blood, the Spider Goddess created a being of her own on Fyrun, a creature born to represent her deific mother. Despite her horrific spider body, the human body of Aranea, daughter of the Spider Goddess, was of an untold beauty to glorify the goddess’. Lustful for the dreams of asleep individuals and sexual desires, Aranea spent her young years in Fyrun consuming dreams to add more lifespan to her life and experiencing the pleasures of flesh. Having mated with so many men in her young years, Aranea gave birth to many children, who in turn gave birth to children afterwards and so on. As such, the Nagmeri became a large but secluded society.

Knowing that the surface dwellers of Fyrum were keen on exterminating anything monstrous, the Nagmeri sought shelter in the large underground world of Fyrun, aptly named “Underworld”. Aranea knew the Nagmeri were too few compared to humans to take them head-on in a war for dominance on Fyrun, and so the Spider Queen ordered the Nagmeri to remain in utmost secrecy until the day would come for them rise up to the surface. All looking up to the Queen and her divine mother, the Nagmeri followed Aranea’s orders and rules for millenias, living underground in a prospering society. The Nagmeri left their home during the day to become merchants and sell the goods they make during the night and brought back money to be spent on materials to further accommodate their kingdom. At some times in history, it would happen that Aranea orchestrated strike teams to infiltrate the humans and spy on them, obtaining vital information on their activities and their plans.

For millenias, Aranea led her children this way. Her ability to keep Nagmeri a secret was effective as their kind became more a myth than reality. Those who ventured deep underground and met the savage Nagmeri were the only ones who could testify that there was dangerous creatures underground, thus making the humans wary of travelling too deep underground as well as keeping the true identity of Nightmare Weavers a secret. In essence, the Nagmeri and Humans coexisted peacefully, for one side was not aware of its deceiving neighbours. Overseeing her ever-growing kingdom, Aranea bade her time with plans for the day her children would return to the surface and wage war against humans for dominance.

From Tears of the Light wrote:

Name: Maximillian Von Alistair
Race: Enhanced Human

Appearance: An alluring young man dressed in black from head to toe, bearing silver long hair and red eyes to complete his already pale skin. He is about 6 feet tall and nearly weighs 150 pounds. As clothing, he wears an elegant black suit, outfitted with unusual clean and expensive shoes that go along well with the suit. To add a weirder look to his gravekeeper occupation, he wears a top hat, its base long enough to hide his eyes. However, all of his clothes are concealed underneath black robes. He has a wide array of strange jewelleries, from skull earrings to devilish-looking rings and a wicked belt.

Height: About 6 feet tall
Weight: Around 175 pounds
Eyes: Bloody red irises
Hair:Silvery white
Skin: Snow pale
Markings: On his torso and arms, there appears to be tattoos of arcane origins marking his body
Image:

Personality:Unheard of any member of his occupation, Maximillian is a most jovial man, extraverted and always welcoming. Being in solitude due to his job, he seeks to laugh when he speaks to other people, though his humor his quite dark. He loves to pull pranks on people, as he also loves to see people trying to pull one on him.

Although a charming fellow, he is extremely secretive about his past, always focusing on the present and caring little about the future. Even in the darkest times, he keeps on grinning and steps forward with promises of a better future, even in death. He is a dreamer, often found gazing at the sky when he is standing outside doing nothing.

Background: Maximillian used to own a funeral home where he devoted his time into making coffins, funeral urns and apparels for funerals. Most of what he did before then is shrouded in mystery. Nowadays, after his home was put to the torch in account of rumors telling he waspracticing foul sorcery, he wanders aimlessly, helping those in need after Death knocked at the door on recently dead relatives.

Abilities: For someone of his occupation, Maximillian has a vast array of magic and powers related to death and similarities. The most common of magic is the ability to manifest things, usually death-related stuff, like coffins or skulls, but those spells really aren’t used in his everyday life. One day, he would be surely called to battle where he can make full use of his magic, but his current situation doesn’t encourage him of using such.

-Necromancy: Maximillian has a wide array of Necromancy spells to help him either further his tasks or be used as a nuisance for someone else. He hasn’t used Necromancy is years, finding little to no interest of using this, since he never gets himself involved in a fight. However, he has a knack for scaring children playing in his graveyard late at night by bringing back a zombie from the grave.

Theme Song:
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 5:24 am

Drummy raises a good point, and I appreciate Max taking a hit on that one. Also in case anyone else joins, no more DC characters. I did not want to put any limitations on it but I was not expecting everyone to run to the same RP lol.

@ Max I kinda like Maximillian Von Alistair. Its up to you but if you are taking votes I vote for him.
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 5:30 am

Oh one more thing, DRUMMY!!! You should join and use URSA MINOR! She was a great character.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 5:36 am

Evee wrote:
@ Max  I kinda like Maximillian Von Alistair. Its up to you but if you are taking votes I vote for him.

I like the idea of taking up votes, since I'm extremely undecided which characters to play. Those two barely even got two posts for me to play with, and I find them really interesting to use.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:37 pm

EDIT: I'll be using Ursa Minor afterall.
Ursa Minor doesn't work well in a non modern world since she draws most of her power from the environment.
I have a few bios in mind if I join. Actually I'll post them here just for fun.

I like the first one best but the other two are much more powerful so they won't be nearly as outclassed by everyone else. The Naked Man could hold his own but you already said no.

Quote :

Name:Alexandra Lavin
Race: Half Giant (that doesn't mean she is half human, just half what she should be)

Appearance:Being a half giant in a human community, she is regarded as being extremely tall. Standing at 9 feet tall and weighing almost 600 lbs, her size has always been her defining trait, partially because of her lack of any other truly remarkable features. Even proportionately, she has very long legs and a lean powerful build like a swimmer or runner. Her muscles are more toned and her skin more tanned than the other females in the countryside due to her being assigned the same outdoor labors as the men of the farms. She has thick dark brown hair that she normally wears tied back and braided. When hung lose, it falls to the bottom of her shoulder blades. She wears simple hand sewn clothing made of cheap fabric.

Equipment:all of her equipment was crafted taking her size into account so it is notably larger than otherwise equivalent items carried by others.
A relatively (see above) normal pocket knife. It has a single-sided blade that folds into the handle. The blade is broad to prevent breaking when performing tasks that can put a lot of stress on the blade such as cutting through heavy ropes.
A Sheppard's sling, a weapon made of rope used for hurling stones at high velocity. A complex braided knot around a small stone is on the end up the release cord to aid in recovery and makes for a decent whip weapon in a pinch. The cradle is made of leather and diamond shaped.

Magic:none.

Skills and Abilities:
Her great size provides undeniable benefits in combat. The strength of grown men is like that of a small boy compared to her. Her reach is superior to just about any unarmed foe, and the increased strides from her long legs allow her to cover great distances in short periods of time with relatively little effort. Her natural strength and stamina are further enhanced by her physically demanding lifestyle.
She grew up in a small farming community with a large family. This meant a lot of backyard wrestling with older boys. While she can now rely on her stature, that was not always the case in her younger days. Over the years she has acquired skill equivalent to basic knight training in unarmed combat.
Her family was largely self sufficient when she was growing up, and because of her unusual size she was forced to learn both the trades of them men and the women in her family. Therefore she is able to tend animals, raise crops, do simple carpentry, cook, sew, and tend small wounds.

Personality:She is generally friendly and very eager to please. She was taught the value of hard work at an early age, so she rarely complains unless it is about a perceived injustice. She thinks everyone should come together for the greater good, everyone does what they can't and benefit from the pulled labor, that those who have the power to give more should. She is brave and adventurous, some might say even a bit mischievous. Her age and sheltered farm life makes her a little naïve about the truths of the world like poverty and corruption, she has never known true hunger and has always been loved by her adoptive family. She is currently going through a phase of curiosity pertaining to her roots and her place in the world.

History: She was born to a arrogant giant couple who did something to anger a god or powerful wizard or something, that cursed their future offspring to be small and weak. They abandoned their first born child, leaving the child at a human doorstep thinking it would grow up to blend in perfectly with them and no one would be wise to their shame. Unfortunately they miscalculated the growth rate the child would have. After just a few short months, it became evident to the adoptive family that the babe left at their doorstep was no normal child. But they still raised it as their own.
She grew up working on the farm. She was always loved and accepted, but sometimes a nagging feeling would rise that she didn't belong. But for the most part she had a very happy childhood filled with the same joys and dreams of any normal child, and what child never dreamed about playing the hero. When stories of trouble broke out, she packed her bags and headed north in hopes of earning her place among the legends.
^This character actually has more equipment than listed. See this post for a description of her equipment and how good it does her.

Quote :
Name: Salem

Race: Tunka

Height: 64 inches

Weight: 140 lbs

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Kingdom Alignment: Wolveshaven

Class: rogue

Appearance: She wears a white plaster mask, with large cat like eye holes, and a thin smile with vertical slashes painted on *Clicky* .Her neck and the bottom part of her mask is covered by a scarf. She usually wears a dark blue cloak that drapes down past the knee with a high collar that just covers the scar and a hood that covers most of the forehead. The left side of the cloak is sleeveless, the right goes half way down the forearm. The shirt worn under the cloak has a long left sleeve, but no right sleeve and is cut below the breast bone. Two slings are coiled around her left arm like snakes. A dagger is strapped on the right side of her chest, and a satchel of lead sling bullets rest from a sash slung over her shoulder and is held in place by two cord belts. She wears her hair long, half way down her back, and generally keeps it tucked under her cloak. She has a short fluffy tail and ears, and a soft rounded face, resembling a kitten more than a mature cat. Her clothes are a very dark blue, and her hair/fur is pitch black.

Equipment:

Mask & Scarf: The mask provides some protection to the face, it is excellent against light scratch damage, and will reduce heavier damage to a small degree once. Her scarf hinders throat slicing. Especially effective against daggers, not so much when faced with a sword or axe.

Short Sling: 2 feet long. It is made of flax rope that is braided to prevent twisting and increase accuracy. with magic enhancements it has an effective range of 300 m. A complex braided knot around a small stone is on the end up the release cord to aid in recovery and makes for a decent whip weapon in a pinch. The cradle is made of leather and diamond shaped. Maximum weight capacity of roughly 6 oz.

Long Sling: Used for less direct combat. It is three and a half feet long. Like the short sling it is made of braided flax rope with a diamond leather cradle. The cradle has a slit in it to help it grip projectiles. Takes longer to fire and regain control of than the short sling. Can fire projectiles a little over a pound it weight. Without magic aids the effective range if 400 m.

Iron Dagger: 6 inches long from the handle, thin, straight, and tappers to an edge. Nothing special.

Led bullets: She carries thirty 50g bullets, and six 200g bullets. The larger bullets are at the bottom of the bag. They are acorn shaped. Neither can penetrate armor under normal circumstances, but they can cause damage by a percussive effect. Even her "light" bullets are significantly heavier than commonly used ones, being intended to cripple and even kill with less shots than required by military troops.

Abilities:

Fleet of foot: Even for Tunka standards, Salem has remarkable speed and balance.

Nonverbal communicator: She is phenomenal at sign language developed for the assassin guild, and is literate in common, and tunkan, and skilled in use of pictures, gestures, and expressions for those unfamiliar with sign or written language.

Stealth: She is extraordinarily quiet, reasonably could at hiding from sight.

Tracker: As a Tunka, she has naturally good tracking skills. Wolfie told me so.

Rapid fire: By constantly repeating the rotation cycle, she can fire a stone every couple of seconds until she runs out of ammo in her hand (typically 4-5 stones).

Sling mastery: She is skilled in all three shots (underhand, overhand, and sideways), and knows the best one to apply in almost all situations.

Improvised ammo: She can fire small pebbles to fist sized stones in her slings in a pinch.

Element of surprise: Receives a large short-term combat bonus whenever she catches an opponent off-guard.

Discard: To prevent capture or asphyxiation her cloak and scarf can easily be removed by pulling around the neck.

Lock Pick: It's more of a lock break really. Very loud and inelegant. No less time consuming than normal lock picking.

Spells:

Sensory Threads: Releases thousands of thin invisible threads that act as auditory and visual receptors. Can cover an entire city with few blind spots. They can only travel through the air, and therefore need at least small openings to peer inside buildings. They move to avoid contact at all cost, and are decimated by strong winds or rain. Even a light drizzle will make them too heavy to move and connections will sever shortly after they collapse. Despite its flaws it is regarded as one of the guild's top scouting and spying techniques.

Crushing Winds: When used in conjunction with a sling multiplies the speed and distance of the thrown stone by ten. Primarily used with 200g bullets for skull crushing assassinations.

These iron bars can't hold my soul in: Uses short bursts of magic to destroy restraints or break out of confinement. Effective against magic and conventional means of containment. Best used in rapid succession.

personality: She is the strong silent type. Fiercely loyal and caring. She is untrusting of strangers if there is even the possibility of them posing a threat. Considers herself a hammer of justice for the weak. She is brave, almost fearless but overtime has learned to act in a practical manner, liberally using tactical retreats.

Weakness: Her tail is very sensitive (Is that a universal Tunka weakness?). Lacking in physical strength and direct combat skills. Moderately limited manna (Sensory threads take up half of her total, and she can cast her other two spells six times total at full energy). Being primarily a ranged unit she is greatly weakened if she runs out of ammo, caught in close-quarters combat), or in tight or crowded spaces. Sensory threads are rendered useless in poor weather conditions (explained above). She is mute.

Quote :

Name: Felstak Whippoorwill

Race: Descendent of a beast man (giant spider) of Elf lineage
Appearance: Felstak stands 5' 11". While he maintains a healthy body mass and a good deal of muscle, his limbs appear elongated or stretched out. His face is thin and his sunken eyes, strong chin, and accented cheekbones make him look much older than most elves his age. He has ash grey eyes and medium length grey hair that he constantly pulls back and to the sides with his hands. He wears a brown tunic under a hard leather body .
equipment:
wired gloves: On each hand he wears a glove with five spools of metal wire that extend up to eighty feet. The wire is incredibly sharp and flexible and several times stronger than tempered steel. Each thread is coated in a liquid that agitates open wounds and is highly flammable. Each glove has a mechanism that allows quick release and withdraw of each individual thread or all five lives at once. The knuckles have a rough metal covering making them good for brawling but can also be rubbed together to ignite the extended wire.
skills and abilities:
unique physiology: Feltak retains some traits of his beast form even in his elf state. Most notably he has highly acute tactile senses allowing him to control his metal wires as an extension of himself, feeling the vibrations along each individual string or even sense acute vibrations in the ground or air. He also sheds his skin like arachnids shed their exoskeleton, because of this his body has no long lasting scars. He also has slightly enhanced strength and durability, well within the normal human range.
woodsmen: He has all the knowledge and skills to live unaided in the wilderness for an indefinite length of time even if stranded without clothes, food, or weapons. He can move through the ground or the trees without being detected by most trackers or animals, and is a skilled tracker and hunter himself.
Wire fighting: He is very skilled using his weapon of choice. He can control themultiple wires on his gloves with great precision using them as whips, garrotes, trip wires, lassos, and swings. This is enhanced even further by his magic abilities.
Shape Shift: His beast form is that of a giant spider. This grants him immense strength and increased durability. When in this state he cannot use his magic or weapons.
Magic:
Metal manipulation: He can run magical energy through each metal wire to move them in otherwise impossible ways, as if the wires were alive. He can also "zap" them with magic to hold them in place.

Spellcaster Type (Mage or Sorcerer): Sorcerer

Personality: Felstak is a largely hedonistic person. He is primarily concerned with his personal wellbeing and immediate gratification. He is highly impulsive and quick to show off. He has a limited sense of morality especially when it comes to combat, his saving grace from moral judgment is that he usually keeps his word when it counts and usually won't stand by when innocent people are getting hurt.
History:
Many generations ago, a small tribe of elves that lived deep in a secluded swamp would use the unwound and treated metal webbing of giant tree spiders as a building material. This was very dangerous work and overtime became less popular among the villagers when easier alternatives were found. As demand fell the groups of elves who gathered the webs became more secluded from the rest of the population. One family became victim to a lycanthropic giant spider. Overtime those individuals became total hermits living entirely off the land making no contact with the outside world. Roughly 100 years ago the rebellious middle son of the family line left on a thrill seeking adventure which eventually lead to him joining the brotherhood.

Last edited by Drummy on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Sorry, I chose Mist mainly because I didn't get to use him/me.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 5:43 pm

Like Max I'm looking for input from Evee and others about which character to use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Empty

Back to top Go down

The Gathering
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next