The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Izumi Warriors (WIP)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Torik Valgard

Torik Valgard

Izumi Warriors (WIP) Empty
PostSubject: Izumi Warriors (WIP)   Izumi Warriors (WIP) EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:47 pm

This has gone through a lot of revisions. The earliest completed idea was Meiyo Senshi:
http://therpacademy.forumotion.com/t153-rp-meiyo-senshi

And the second rendition was Meiyo Senshi II:
http://therpacademy.forumotion.com/t180-rp-meiyo-senshi-ii

Both versions never went anywhere, but after some new-found interest in the Asian-genre I attempted to recreate a more Chinese-based roleplay entitled Broken Empire. Broken Empire is currently in play on another site:
http://www.roleplayerguild.com/topics/29219/posts/ooc

But I was disappointed with how it turned out. Thing is, I rushed it. So I started devising "Way of the Dragon (Broken Empire: Reborn)"; this particular roleplay seemed to stem from Mandate of Heaven, a roleplay hosted by Prator the Legendary. As I tried to move away from MoH I started inching closer and closer to a Star Wars-like plot, which was a big no-no for me.

So I decided to flush my mind, then combine my original idea of Meiyo Senshi with Broken Empire and Way of the Dragon. I still have to decide what I really want to do with it, but I decided to compile it here at a later date.
Back to top Go down
Torik Valgard

Torik Valgard

PostSubject: Re: Izumi Warriors (WIP)   Izumi Warriors (WIP) EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:21 pm

The roleplay takes place in Kinsun, a land that resembles Ancient China/Japan. To the northeast of Kinsun is Tochi, a smaller piece of land that has become associated with the Kinsun landmass as a whole. The people who live here are the kians, who resemble the Chinese/Japanese. Their are snow-capped mountains, jungles, plains, rivers, lakes, oceans, swamps, forests, and much more.

Major landmarks so far are the Imperial City, the Imperial Palace (within the Imperial City), the Golden Bridge (major part of the Imperial Palace), Huang's Pass (a small town) and the Izumi Temple.

Tochi was once home to dozens of warrior-clans, all of which protected local villages from bandits and rivals. These warrior-clans trained powerful samurai, skilled ninjas, and wise monks.

Kinsun was divided into various provinces, each one ruled by a warlord vying to rule the land. Much of the north was threatened by the Steppe Riders while the south was endangered by the Cha-Shan. Shu Liang was one of the more ruthless and ambitious warlords, but he was also a reasonable man. He marched northwards and encountered the warriors of Tochi. After a short confrontation, Shu Liang was fairly impressed and so proposed the warriors join his army and bring peace to Kinsun and Tochi.

Shu Liang's new allies proved invaluable in his campaign. Within seven years Shu Liang had conquered enough land to proclaim himself emperor. His Tochi warriors would be instrumental in driving the Steppe Riders north, calming the Cha-Shan, and expanding Kinsun's borders.

Wu Zhou and Kang Xu were the top lieutenants of the Tochi warriors and thus had developed a thick relationship with their emperor, Shu Liang. At some point, however, Kang Xu became radically different. He tried to convince Wu Zhou to abandon Shu Liang and return to Tochi, but Wu Zhou refused, preferring instead to stay with the Empire.

The friendship of Wu and Kang was ultimately tested when Kang and a force of warriors marched on the Imperial Palace. Wu Zhou and imperial loyalists met them and after a tense stand-off, the two sides erupted into conflict. The Imperial soldiers defeated the Tochi warriors and Wu Zhou was forced to kill Kang Xu.

Shu Liang decided that a force of Tochi warriors could become disloyal and so sent a force to Tochi to exterminate the remaining clans. Wu Zhou himself was targeted but managed to flee. Wu Zhou changed his name to Master Wu and settled down in the small town of Setting Sun.

Azumi Kaitso is the name I have claimed, but other names can be generated here:
http://www.mandarintools.com/chinesename.html
Back to top Go down
Torik Valgard

Torik Valgard

PostSubject: Re: Izumi Warriors (WIP)   Izumi Warriors (WIP) EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:23 pm

The roleplay takes place in Kinsun, a land that resembles Ancient China/Japan.  To the northeast of Kinsun is Tochi, a smaller piece of land that has become associated with the Kinsun landmass as a whole.  The people who live here are the kians, who resemble the Chinese/Japanese.  Their are snow-capped mountains, jungles, plains, rivers, lakes, oceans, swamps, forests, and much more.

Major landmarks so far are the Imperial City, the Imperial Palace (within the Imperial City), the Golden Bridge (major part of the Imperial Palace), Huang's Pass (a small town) and the Izumi  Temple.

Tochi was once home to dozens of warrior-clans, all of which protected local villages from bandits and rivals.  These warrior-clans trained powerful samurai, skilled ninjas, and wise monks.

Kinsun was divided into various provinces, each one ruled by a warlord vying to rule the land.  Much of the north was threatened by the Steppe Riders while the south was endangered by the Cha-Shan.  Shu Liang was one of the more ruthless and ambitious warlords, but he was also a reasonable man.  He marched northwards and encountered the warriors of Tochi.  After a short confrontation, Shu Liang was fairly impressed and so proposed the warriors join his army and bring peace to Kinsun and Tochi.

Shu Liang's new allies proved invaluable in his campaign.  Within seven years Shu Liang had conquered enough land to proclaim himself emperor.  His Tochi warriors would be instrumental in driving the Steppe Riders north, calming the Cha-Shan, and expanding Kinsun's borders.

Wu Zhou and Kang Xu were the top lieutenants of the Tochi warriors and thus had developed a thick relationship with their emperor, Shu Liang.  At some point, however, Kang Xu became radically different.  He tried to convince Wu Zhou to abandon Shu Liang in fear that Shu would one day betray them and return to Tochi, but Wu Zhou refused, preferring instead to stay with the Empire.

The friendship of Wu and Kang was ultimately tested when Kang and a force of warriors marched on the Imperial Palace.  Wu Zhou and imperial loyalists met them and after a tense stand-off, the two sides erupted into conflict.  The Imperial soldiers defeated the Tochi warriors and Wu Zhou was forced to kill Kang Xu.

Shu Liang decided that a force of Tochi warriors could become disloyal and so sent a force to Tochi to exterminate the remaining clans.  Wu Zhou himself was targeted but managed to flee.  Wu Zhou changed his name to Master Wu and settled down in the small town of Setting Sun.

Azumi Kaitso is the name I have claimed, but other names can be generated here:
http://www.mandarintools.com/chinesename.html
Back to top Go down
Lord Coake

Lord Coake

PostSubject: Re: Izumi Warriors (WIP)   Izumi Warriors (WIP) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:04 pm

just wanted to note something, ancient China and Japan had two very different cultures. Japan had more strict rulings on who could be a soldier, who could own weapons, and who could marry who. China had a more lax and Capitalistic economy, whereas Japanese traders were restricted on who could trade and what could be traded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Izumi Warriors (WIP)   Izumi Warriors (WIP) Empty

Back to top Go down

Izumi Warriors (WIP)
Page 1 of 1