The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Chosen

Go down 
+6
Jexorin Rast
Dethhollow
Riprose
Selieno
Broske
KeyOfDestiny
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

The Chosen - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Deron looked around as Janko snuck up and seemed to have captured the woman while another person there deflected his forks. However, he couldn't help but notice one of them stick in the fire man's leg. Well, this would be pretty easy. The forks on the ground around him littered the floor. Still magnetically charged.

"Hey, Janko! What's going on? How you been? They finally notice they left me behind over in the other world?" The tiger and fire man hung dangerously close to Janko. That wasn't verry safe at all, might want to even the odds just a tad.

"Better watch out! That woman has crystal powers. She's not one to be underestimated, trust me. Almost floored me a minute ago with that. Oh, and by the way, it seems like we're capturing TWO of them today!"

Suddenly, Deron reversed the magnatizm on the fork imbedded in the fire man's leg! "X-3 gravaton pull!" It was a dirty tactic, but all's fair in love and war. As the person blasted a fireball at Janko, each of the forks scattered across the ground spun around and shot straight at his wounded leg!
Back to top Go down
Riprose
Regular Cowboy
Regular Cowboy
Riprose

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Link turned to the metal man, his tiger face appearing to smile. The man seemed confident, prideful, and maybe Link could play on that.

"You must really be a coward, eh, picking on little girls from behind. You remind me of my father, who was either whoring out some prostitute, beating on a three year old, or passed out drunk in a gutter. How about you fight me then, and see if you have the balls to actually fight someone."

He crouched low, ready to pounce, even if the man denied his request.
Back to top Go down
Jexorin Rast

Jexorin Rast

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:03 pm

Cyrus didn't have enough time to react to the forks on the ground that flew toward his right leg. But his power reacted in time. Right as some of the forks stuck into his leg, his leg burst into black flames, melting the remaining forks before they hit his leg; the forks already in his leg also melted.

He fell to his right knee as the black fire faded away, grunting. He actually felt like screaming in pain, but he couldn't show weakness in front of these guys. He grunted as he hefted himself on his left leg, not putting any pressure on his wounded leg. There were at least five wounds caused by the forks.

"It's my turn now!" he yelled.

He his free, left hand raised as blue fire swirled around his arm. Within the blue flames, there was black, though faint, it was very noticeable. He blasted a large burst of fire at the dumbass.
Back to top Go down
Green-Eyed Demon

Green-Eyed Demon

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Janko raised a shield around him and the girl for the second time today, smiling as the ball of fire dissipated across it. "Oh I know she's wily Deron. Already had a run in with her." He took his blade down and took her arm in his hand, being careful not to hold on too hard. Even through the hardened leather between his palms and her skin he could still feel warmth.

"Displace in 3...2...1." The barrier flashed red then turned to the image of a dining room. Through a slight haze he could see Vera, Miles, and a few others eating. He looked at the girl and smiled. "Time to fix our mistake." He pulled her into the image and the barrier dissipate, leaving the space they had been standing completely empty.

The two appeared in the dining room, Janko let go of the girl, unable to even breathe. He hunched over and felt like throwing up but didn't even have the energy to do that. He looked back up and grabbed some food off Vera's plate and stuffing it into his mouth. He looked over at Miles and Alex. "I got the girl, now get me to the core." He managed to breathe before collapsing into a chair.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/The_Crimson_Beo
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Deron watched as the man tried to use fire to burn the forks he sent at him, melting the metal at it came at him. However, it also melted the metal that was already stuck inside his leg. A grin crossed his face, then the man suddenly shot a fire blast at him!

Thinking quickly, Deron jumped back and used his power to pull a chair twords him! No time to worry about overusing his ability! He grabbed the leg with his scythe and hurled it at the fire blast! The flame crackled as it was knocked aside, but kept moving forward. By the time the burning chair crashed against the ground, Deron stepped to the left barely avoiding the blast. Then, without thinking, he spun his scythe around in the motion so that the barrel was facing the flaming person.

"Impressive! To think you've got such control over your ability just a day after discovering it! It's simply amazing, isn't it? How certain people are almost destined to be forced into using thier gifts? But one major difference between us...." Deron took his left arm and tapped the end of his gun a little bit. "I don't have molten forks stuck in my leg!"

Silently, his right hand gripped the trigger and focused on the next round. His left hand focused on the original fork, dismissing his charge. "Consider this if you wil. You've got several positively charged forks stuck in your side and I have a negatively charged round. Are you going to give up, or do I have to see just how far your metal melting powers can go? Or even...." His gaze shifted to the tiger, having a hard time himself believing how well things were working out. "I could always shoot that pesky tiger and force your leg to be stuck to him. Then maybe you wouldn't be so willing to launch off flames at people! Don't you have any idea how RUDE that is!?!?!?"

Rage boiling, Deron switched his sight back and forth between the two. Then, he calmed back down. "I hope you'll choose the less painful option and give up. It's just no fun when we luck into good situations like this!"
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:44 pm

V stumbled back, her eyes flicking around--between those in the room and the room itse;f. It seemed so familiar, and for some reason she felt anger just at the people being there. But she didn't know what to think now. One moment she'd been safe, and now...

Could she run for it? But where would she go? There was, whether she liked it or not, nothing she could do.

Alex was slightly startled at their appearance, but was quick to understand Janko's state. He gave V a cool smirk and quickly put his arm under Janko, lifting him back up. She was just one when he'd last seen her, and looking at her reminded him exactly of both her mother and father.

"...Change of plans, Vera. Get her somewhere she can't run while I help Janko. If she fights back, which I wouldn't advice." he directed at her, "you have permission to knock her out. Don't kill her."

This said, he took off at a quick pace toward the Core, using his powers to lessen Janko's weight.

"Did you happen to see Deron or Samuel?" he asked him, nearing the room. Though he didn't expect him to answer then--only after he'd recovered. It was just something to think about. "Good job, as well. I was beginning to think we'd have to go back after they'd had time to sharpen their powers."

V looked from Miles to Vera. That jerk had basically told her not to run, but...She sure as hell wasn't going to just stand there. She took off down the hall opposite the one Alexander had taken Janko, but she only managed to turn one corner before she slammed right into someone else--Hannibal.
Back to top Go down
Jexorin Rast

Jexorin Rast

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Cyrus fell to his knees, exhausted and out of energy; all of the fire faded away. He looked over his shoulder at Link and noticed that Vivien and the man in the metal suit were gone.

"Where'd they go?!?!?!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oof! Hannibal stumbled back as someone slammed into him by accident. He was is a slight daze before focusing on who it was. He growled at them, before seeing who it actually was--Vivien.

"Vivien," he said, "How are you here? Did one of them bring you?"

He was very surprised to see her. He almost started to act like a grandfather before he saw some of the others approaching. He couldn't let his grandfatherly side unravel at this point. He put on a stern face and grabbed her arm.

"Never mind that," he said, leading her back to the others, "There's no escaping now. You are needed for the Core."

Last edited by Jexorin Rast on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Riprose
Regular Cowboy
Regular Cowboy
Riprose

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:33 pm

Link roared in anger and misery, a primal rage setting in.

She was gone. He had told her he would have her back. And Vivien was gone.

He roared again, a cry of anguish and rage, leaping at the remaining man, aiming straight for his throat, prepared to tear it apart. He didn't care anymore, he was ready to kill someone something, no matter what.

Something loud registered in his ears, and a blinding flash, a searing heat, but it didn't matter.

All that mattered was killing the man.
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:45 pm

"Dammit!" Skyla clenched her teeth but turned to the other man. She needed to make sure the others stayed safe.

"You're not taking any of more of these guys!" she hissed. The flames on her blade grew and she looked at Cyrus and Link. "You two, be careful, got it? Don't get close to him." But she was too late. Link charged at him, and Skyla cursed again.

"If you let emotion get the better of you, you'll be done!" she called at him, wishing he was calm like Cyrus. She too charged at Deron, using the fact he'd have to deal with Link and her as an advantage.

~

Vivien 's shock stopped somewhat when she saw him, realizing it was the same man from her dream. But...why was he here? He'd been standing by her mother and father in the dream, not with those attacking. His name came to her, as she had called out to him, probably to get him to help her father, before she'd been taken to safety.

"Ha-Hannibal? But..." She couldn't remember exactly what his position was, just that he'd seemed like either a caretaker or grandfather. Her parents had seemed to trust him, anyway.

"What'd you mean?" She tried to get out of his grip after a moment, ot wanting to go back to where the others were. But then she remembered what Raize had said about the Core; how it was dying. She was still confused about his position though. "B-but what're you...doing here...? I thought..." She just didn't get he was on their side yet.
Back to top Go down
Jexorin Rast

Jexorin Rast

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 5:14 pm

Hannibal ignored her blabbering.

"I'll take her to a jail cell and keep on eye on her," he said to the others, "With me, she won't be able to slip away." He eyed Miles and Vera.

He continued past them, still holding onto Vivien, his grip tight, gut not too tight, he didn't want to hurt her. He led her to the jail cells and put her into one.

"Now, you can't run, which Alexander specifically explained to Vera."
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 5:41 pm

"...So you're with them?" she finally said. But then she felt more anger. She was sue he was someone her parents trusted, and even if she was wrong she needed to say something. "But I saw it, you were right there with my mom and dad! What'd you do when they were being attacked--stood there and watched?! Walk away?"

She wished she could remember more about the short year she'd spent in the castle, but nothing was coming back other than that dream. It frustrated her. She was even more upset that basically now she was going to be used as bait, unless she found a way to escape. But even if she did, she had no clue how to get out of this world.
Back to top Go down
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Deron watched as the tiger lept at him! In a panic, he held up his scythe and some-what parried the beast's weight as his mouth clamped down on the shaft slightly. Never get into a sword fight with a tiger! Then, he noticed a second person come at him with a sword! What appeared to be a flaming sword! Quickly, anything he could use.... As the woman slashed at him, Deron swept his weapon back as fast as he could to try and keep her at a distance.

"Damnit, Samuel!" He shouted, "what the hell are you doing! I can't fight all of them by myself!" Expecting another attack, Deron switched his grip on the weapon and held it with both hands. "If that man just lets me die here.... I told him to watch the rest of the group so he'd be able to do keep something like THIS from happening! I swear I'm gonna kill that son-of-a.........."

Slowly, Deron tried to back up while keeping his focus on the enemies. "I'm not stupid... we've taken one of you and that's good enough for now." Of course, they wouldn't just let him leave.
Back to top Go down
Green-Eyed Demon

Green-Eyed Demon

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 6:13 pm

As they got closer Jank could feel his strength returning. He managed to stand on his own. "I don't know where Sam went. Deron is still out fighting those teams." His breathing was ragged and his body felt sore. "Alex. There's something about the core. The piece in my suit is getting weaker and holding charge less. We have to get the others, or I think we may never be able to get it back to a stable condition."
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/The_Crimson_Beo
Jexorin Rast

Jexorin Rast

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 6:27 pm

"Yes," Hannibal said, "I am with them."

He felt it was a better time to explain to her about the vision, before she would possibly die.

"As you may know by know, your parents were king and queen before they were killed. I... was their royal adviser. Just like Cyrus, I have a gear clock mark on my right chest. In fact, I am his grandfather. His name should be Cyrus Stark, but his last name was changed when you all were taken from here."

Tears started filling his eyes as he knew he had to explain to her what he did.

"And not only did I watch your parents get killed... but... I killed them... with this very sword.

And I know, no matter how guilty I feel, and how much I apologize, you will never forgive me."

He wiped the tears from his eyes as he regained his stern appearance.

"But I must not dwell on the past. All I can do for you now, is to help you escape."
Back to top Go down
Riprose
Regular Cowboy
Regular Cowboy
Riprose

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Link roared, chomping down on the shaft, clawing at the man holding the weapon. He threw his weight against it repeatedly, before stepping back and leaping again, more of a tackle than an actual killing blow. Paws out, claws extended, mouth open in a loud, ear splitting roar.
Back to top Go down
Selieno

Selieno

Location : That weird place in life where you want to die, but can't.

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:00 pm

"Someone I hate, huh?" He exhaled, slowly, bringing an image to focus. Black hair and sharp green eyes, about that tall and slim... In front of him was a mirror image of his own self. He frowned, gritting his teeth. Self-loathing is a very... powerful... emotion. He growled, deep in his throat, and whispered softly.

"Die."

And charged, aiming with elbows, legs, and sword alike in a rabid flurry.
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Vera was busy rambling when suddenly Janko and some teenage girl, the one from the field, showed up out of nowhere. She gave a startled squawk, jumping backwards and then a feisty glare at Janko.

"You should know better than to pop out of nowhere unannounced!" She scolded. She turned to Alex, who gave her the job of babysitting the frightened girl and Vera furrowed her brows. She had creeping to do! Watching over the girl definitely hindered her libi...

Hey wait, where'd she go?!

The teen seemed to have completely disregarded Alex's orders and made a run for it. She looked over at her boss with a "Are you kidding me?" gaze and then walked calmly to wherever the teen went. She wasn't going anywhere, there was no way she could escape without help.

She caught up and saw that Hannibal had already detained the girl but they seemed to be in a slightly private conversation. Vera wondered if she should do the proper thing and not intrude but it was her job to watch over her, as creeper-hindering as that may be.

"Uh, hi," Vera said awkwardly, "Nice weather we're having..." She then noticed Hannibal's tears and soundly smacked Vivien upside the head, "Making an old man cry?! Have you no soul?" She asked. It was pretty ironic considering the fact her group kinda kidnapped Vivien but eh, technicalities. remington 700
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddenforums.rpg-board.net
Broske

Broske

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:46 pm

Celestine, of course was thinking again. What was her power? Her ability? What made her special? Nothing, of course. She was sitting there spacing out. Why was she with this group? Her brain couldn't stop coursing it.
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:27 pm

All color drained from her face. He'd...what? She just stared at him, barely even hearing the words 'escape'. The shock of that, as well as exhaustion, finally caught up with her. She collapsed to her knees, trying everything she could not to cry.

But hearing Vera, she just glared. "Oh, that's funny! Considering you people want to kill all of us!"

~

"Whoa!" This time, Raize couldn't dodge. Maybe that hadn't been the best advice.

Kid hit hard, too. He winced when the sword bit into his shoulder but pulled back before any other damage could be done.

"Damn kid, nice. That definitely worked for you." He looked over at the others, though before saying anything back to Savir. "You need to vent before I get one of the others up?"
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:39 pm

"Kill is such a strong word..." Vera replied thoughtfully, tapping her finger against her chin, "How's about self-defense precautions for the greater good of a few?" She said chipperly. To be honest, she wasn't too keen on murder. Violence, to a certain degree, was fine by her but cold-blooded killing was a bit out of her element. She knew she wouldn't be present when the... self defense precaution for the greater good of a few occurred.

Vivien's words stirred a bit of a guilty conscience in Vera but she shrugged it off with her bubbly personality.

She looked down and noticed Vivien was kneeling on the floor. Curiously, she tilted her head like a puppy and asked, "How'd you get down there?"

She offered a hand down to the girl and said, "C'mon, I'll take you to a room and you can sleep there. Wouldn't be a good babysitter if I let you pass out here, now would I?"
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:59 pm

Vivien considered it, but she wasn't sure if the girl was being sincere or not. Either way, maybe she'd be able to break out easier...If Hannibal really was going to help her. After a moment, she took Vera's hand and allowed her to help her up, still with the same expression on her face.

"I fell because after your friends attacked me, I got tired."
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:21 pm

Vera started to walk towards her room. She grinned at Vivien and replied, "It's good exercise. Maybe the next time a bunch of people are chasing after you, you'll have super endurance!" She pumped her fist in the air.

"You'll thank us later," She continued dismissively, waving her hand, "And you're dirty. Next bad-guys-are-chasing-me lesson we have, I'll show ya how to run and not get dirt all over your clothes."

Vera suddenly stopped and turned around, "We need to get you clothes! You might fit into some of mine. Of course, it might be a little baggy around your chest. I always wind up stretching out my shirts," She grabbed her breasts to emphasize, "Penguin walk challenge!" She said, removing her hands and putting them firmly by her sides. She started to waddle towards her room with no care in the world.
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:31 pm

Vivien was completely taken aback. THESE were the people that wanted them dead? This woman wasn;t even taking anything seriously! More anger found its way in her veins and she clenched her fists. She warned so badly to do something, but she knew it would be foolish. The air around her glittered as it turned to crystal, a reaction from her emotions. Burt she could do nothing other than follow Vera.

She paused by Hannibal, however. "...For now, you're right. I'm not...going to forgive. But maybe...I might later. I don't remember anything about my parents, what they were like...anything. For now, that'll probably be a good thing, but...If you really want to help, I'm fine with that."

That said, she reluctantly followed Vera.
Back to top Go down
Jexorin Rast

Jexorin Rast

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:39 pm

Shortly after Vivien and Vera left, Hannibal followed after them. Vera was waddling like a penguin while Vivien walked normally. He walked with his cane off the floor, so that Vera wouldn't notice him.

As he passed the room with the portal, he entered and went to the portal. He passed through, stepping onto the parking lot of the diner. He looked inside to see a total brawl. He could see Deron in the middle of it being attacked by a tiger and Skyla.

"Dumbass," Hannibal said.

He entered the building. "Stop this at once! Deron, you've been gone far too long, return now!

Last edited by Jexorin Rast on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:15 am

"Wha-" Deron mentioned as he struggled to push back against the tiger with his scythe. The beasts claws would have easilly overpowered him had it not been for the position he worked the shaft of his scythe in. The bar was up against it's chin as the tiger's claws swung at him, almost cutting his side.

"Right! Perfect timing!" Without thinking, he tried to push the tiger to the side to get out of the grapple, almost taking a claw to the leg in the process. "I was wondering when one of you would show up. Wasted too much energy sneaking around and using my X-3 gravaton force on the chump over there to make a portal. I'd be supprised if his leg ever healed back right, though!"

Almost casually, he walked over to Hannibal. "We gotta go now? If we teamed up, I bet we could capture another one on the spot! In fact, I could probably muster enough energy to create X-6 gravaton pull! Potentially enough to bring the entire building down on these brats!" Suddenly, he stopped his rant and changed topics. "Speaking of, Samuel's dead next time I see him! That freak's got so much expleining to do about this...."

"So how have you been, Hannibal?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   The Chosen - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chosen
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next