HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Chosen

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:51 pm

"Heh, you bet!" he started, though frowned when he walked past. He was kind of disappointed.

Hm? Must not what? Oh well..He's always grumbling to himself.

Still, now he didn't have anything to talk to. Sighing, he headed toward the kitchen. Might as well get something to eat. He pushed up his sword and used it to make walking less painful, knowing he was going to kill himself for not resting sooner. He made it just in time to see Vera walking like a penguin.

"I didn't know you mocked birds now, Ver," he snickered. "I'd join in but sadly I can't." He wondered if she was still going to be in that Vera state when he talked to her know or not. If she'd calmed down a bit, he might actually stick around. "Hey, you mind getting me something? Damn side is getting to me now, and I don'r wanna stand over something to cook." He didn't really like asking favors, but this time he was serious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Vera jumped and squeaked when Miles talked to her, shaking out of her penguin walk. She looked down at her feet and frowned, pouting, "Aw... I was going for the world record!"

She then looked at Miles and noticed he was actually asking for her help. With stars in her eyes, she found this to be a way to redeem herself for her atrocious behavior before she found out about his disorder. She clasped her hands together and nodded eagerly.

"Of course I'll make something for you. Maybe there'll be something in the food to make you um..." Vera stopped for a second, "Feel better."

She started to go towards the kitchen and turned around, "Anything you're in the mood for?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theforbiddenforums.forumotion.com
KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:08 pm

He paused. "...Meh. I don't care--whatever you feel like making." He was actually pretty surprised--she seemed a little eager to help him. Though he smirked at her record comment. At least she was being nicer.

"I'm pretty sure the record's longer than a hallway. If there even is one, Vera. You can just make up the record yourself if it'll make you feel better."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:16 pm

Vera stuck out her tongue in concentration. She went through the cabinets. What the heck was an aphrodisiac food? Besides chocolate and alcohol of course. But alcohol sometimes did the opposite effect. Vera scratched at her head. Really, men!

She decided to just go with whatever the wind blew her to. She was actually a pretty good cook, knowing that the best way to ensnare a Prince was through some good ole home cooking. If his various servants and slaves weren't doing that already. She grabbed some chicken out of the refrigerator and set it out on the table. She marinated it using Italian dressing (hey, don't knock it till you try it!) and began to chop up various vegetables like green peppers and tomatoes. Really, they didn't effect the taste that much but the color made it look better, and making things look better made them taste better.

She heated up a skillet and put a small amount of oil in it. After deeming there was enough time for the chicken to marinate, she put the meat into the skillet and covered it. She looked at Miles with sympathy. How the heck was she going to approach this subject?

With tact and poise, of course! It was just in her nature to be so very... graceful with her words.

"Miles," She said, not looking up at him, "I know about your, um, problem. And I want to help. I'm thinking about getting some money together to get you some good medicine. I'm sure it's really painful for you to be so, um, limited," She said, taking the cover off and flipping the chicken. She threw in the vegetables to cook.

"I feel so awful about how I treated you before!" She said, looking up at him sadly, "If I'd known, I would have been a lot nicer to you. Please forgive me!"
Back to top Go down
Broske

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Her eyes widen. "Wow, sounds like you guys had a fun time." She said jokingly of course. But, still she couldn't put the thought down. What did they want with us? We're normal, right?

"Maybe it's good I passed out!" She said with a soft laugh. It got her thinking again, why did Cel pass out? Why did she had those flashes that made her want to explode? Who knew. "So is everyone okay? No one got hurt or majorly hurt did they?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:26 pm

"Eh?" What's she...They don't even MAKE medicine to heal ribs. ...It's Vera, what am I saying? "It's...fine? I didn't know they made medicine for that kind of thing, but then again things happen kinda fast here." He shrugged, his stomach growling again. That chicken smelled pretty good. "Well, I had to use my sword to walk over here since it hurts, but I dunno what you mean by 'limited'. Not gonna get to fight for a while, but hell, if they have medicine that won't matter. Why do you wanna get money, anyway? It's not that big a deal. If the medicine costs anything I can just use my own money."

~

Raize shook his head. "For the most part David's really the only one got the rough end of the deal. But Savir, it wouldn't matter even if we did leave town. I already decided to stay if they did come. Running's not going to help. Right now, we need to focus on preparing you. I don't know when they plan to come back, but when they do, they aren't going to just go away like this time. They weren't expecting me to come--you all got lucky they had their guards down."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jexorin Rast

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:34 pm

"Yeah, Savir," Cyrus said, "we can't act like wusses and skip town. Besides, if they were able to find us this first time, they would most likely be able to find us a second time, even if we're outta town."

He popped his knuckles, "Besides, I have a beef with that old guy. My mark burns just thinking of him."

Actually, his mark did burn. And he had the faintest memory of the old man. He didn't know what it was, and he didn't want to know.

"I'll need to train for my next encounter with him. He said he won't hold back... I can't either."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:48 pm

Skyla smiled. "That's the kinda thing I like to hear! I can show you a few fire moves if you want. Well, if you even want to get started now. But you're right--they would be able to find us. With the technology back at Valentia, it wouldn't be that hard."

Raize frowned at Cyrus. "Aw, it was just an idea. No need for names."

Vivien glanced at Skyla. "If you train with Cyrus, can I join?" She didn't want a repeat of what had happened tonight. She needed to get rid of that fear--one way or another. Skyla smiled.

"Of course! All of you guys are gonna have to train with us or the others at some point, I din't mind having groups."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:44 pm

Vera turned off the stove and deposited their dinner onto plates. The smell had her mouth watering and her tummy growling. She grabbed a couple forks and their plates and wandered over to a table where she sat both of their dinners down.

It actually hurt him? And it effected his ability to fight? Vera chewed on her nails. It had to be a lot worse than she thought. She cut up her chicken and deposited it into her mouth. She did her happy face again as she chewed, nearly bouncing up and down in her chair. No! She had to get serious right now.

"Well, isn't it kind of... a permanent problem?" Vera asked, "I mean, your money isn't bound to last forever, depending on how... um... active you are..."
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:50 pm

He gave her a look as he cut his chicken, the aroma making his stomach growl even more. "Uh, Vera. What're you talking about? It's not permanent. And just because I move around a lot, it shouldn't really effect how much I spend."

I mean, how much could it cost fixing a broken rib anyway? Girl was making it seem like it'd been permanently crushed or something. Just the thought of that made Miles wince. He'd die if that happened--he HATED sitting still.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:10 pm

Vera stopped and sent Miles a look. She reached across the table and took Miles' hand, her face very sympathetic, "It's okay, Miles. I know all about your problem with.." Her eyes went to his crotch before moving back up to his face, "Him."

"It's actually a very common disorder that can be fixed with good exercise and good medicine," Vera blabbered, "I'm sure you exercise a lot so maybe we should change your diet. Don't worry little Miles, Vera will save you!" She said that last part directly at his groin.
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:18 pm

"What?!"

He choked on his chicken, hitting his chest so he could breath again. "Vera, that's not--I-I have a broken. Rib. RIB!" He didn't even know what else to say. He would've been mad at the last thing she'd said, too if it weren't for the surprise. "I was pissed because that bastard broke my rip, and then because you kept dropping me! That hurts when your rib is broken!" What a way to ruin such an awesome mean.

Vera one, Miles zero.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:23 pm

Vera frowned and leaned back in her chair, "well then why would you say all that stuff to make me think that?" She replied, stabbing a piece of chicken with her fork. Realization dawned on her and her mouth formed a perfect O shape.

"You're in denial, aren't you? Denial is the first step to recovery!" She exclaimed, pointing her fork (still with chicken on it) at him. She glanced down and noticed it. She popped it into her mouth and chewed, waiting for his answer.
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:30 pm

"No, Vera, listen! I'm not lying! And I'm NOT in denial! I'm pretty sure I would know if...if something like that was wrong!"

Oh my god. Thank GOD none of the other guys were in there.

"My rib is broken--that's all! I can prove it if you'll drop the subject!" He threw his fork down and lifted his shirt just enough for the black bruise--shoe-shaped, to his dismay--on the left section of his side. After he had, he quickly retied the bandages and stared at her.

"What made you even THINK about that?" He wasn't even angry--just flustered. What guy wouldn't be?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:21 am

He could...

PROVE IT?

Vera squealed and put her face in her hands. As much as she wanted to help the guy, the last thing she wanted was to see THAT thing...

Oh wait, did he say ribs?

Vera made a gap with her fingers and looked to see Miles indeed had a broken rib. She snorted a giggle when she realized it was shoe shaped. It really did look painful and bruise-like though. She frowned at it and uncovered her face.

"Well..." Vera said, feeling a might bit sheepish, "You always seem so cranky sooo..." She said, twiddling her thumbs, "And I was talking to Alex about it and you shoulda heard him! He was so convincing and it was like he saw into your soul!" Vera exclaimed and then frowned, sinking back into her chair, "Okay, that's not how it went down. He did agree with me though! I think..."

Her plate was empty but she noticed a piece of chicken on Miles'. She licked her lips and aimed her fork for it, intent on stealing it.
Back to top Go down
Vulkan
The Adowibbible One

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:12 pm

David looked up at Cel's words.
"You passed out?!?" he almost yelped with worry, "Are you alright?"

Samuel smiled.
"I was trying to capture him too, although i tried it in a considerably more subtle way to you. Any idea where he went?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broske

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:30 pm

She looked at him with a surprise, "Yeah I'm okay. I'm still breathing, so that's a plus." She said with another soft laugh. She thought about training. "Training? I'm ready!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:34 pm

He simply picked up his plate and left her fork to dig into the table. "Hey, after misunderstanding something like that, at least lemme eat! Besides, this chicken is amazing." He started to eat more now that the situation was clear. "Italian's my favorite."

He was still wondering what Hannibal had been muttering to himself, though. He felt kind of bad, really--maybe he should have tried and talked to him about it for once.

~~~

Raize sighed. "I'd be fine with starting now if you all are ready. David's the only one who's gonna have to take it easy before he does anything. Just let me know if you wanna train with either me or Skyla and we're get into groups. But I'll have to warn you, we won't go easy on you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vulkan
The Adowibbible One

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:38 pm

David nodded.
"Ok..i was...just a little...worried...um..."
He shook his head, and decided to change the subject before he said too much.
"So...training? Does that mean i can use my powers without being sick?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:46 pm

"Subtle? Subtlety went out the window once Miles and the tin-man blatently announced themselves. We could've really used you, he got away into the woods and then rejoined the main group." Slight suspicion entered Deron's mind. Where the heck was Samuel? He should've noticed him when chasing the invisible man down or when he was literally pulling him away. "Whatever plan you had, I think you waited too long to put it into motion."

"Don't worry though," Deron continued as he put his hand on Sampson's shoulder, "I know exactly which direction they went! And this time, they're REALLY gonna pay!" He took a few steps away from Samuel, "I'll make him regret the day he tried to chuck a rock at me! And double-same for the rest of them for crossing us!" Enthusiastically, Deron pointed his scythe forward. "That's which way they went! If we start now, we should run into them before midnight. Then, we'll be able to chop thier legs off in thier sleep! That'll teach him to try and run away...."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:50 pm

"Not necessarily. That's a result of using your power too much at once, which we can't really prevent. But we will be training you to try and make that happen as less as possible. If you build on your power gradually instead of using it all at once like you did tonight, things will go much more smoothly. We need to show you how to use a blade and block as well. But don't worry, you'll be fine. If you do get ill Skyla can help soothe it. Her mother had a healing power so she inherited some of that along with her fire power. However, one of us will be around ALL of you at any time. I'm not willing to take risks here, and that goes for all you. If you get angry, don't storm off. If you feel like you need space, don't wander off. You stay around Skyla and I." He gave each of them individual looked. "Understood?"

Vivien nodded. "We get it, Raize. Promise."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broske

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:44 pm

Cel nodded as well, "Got it!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vulkan
The Adowibbible One

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:47 pm

David nodded, hoping that everyone had forgotten what he just said.
"Ok! Hopefully next time those idiots come, we will be more prepared!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:00 pm

Well, least they're enthusiastic for the most part.

"Alright, well, decide who you wanna train with and I guess if you all want, we can start tonight. Skyla, just make sure you take care of your group."

She waved her hand. "I'm not bad at this! You're making me sound terrible. And I already have V and Cyrus--who else wants to join and who wants to go with Raize?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broske

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:26 pm

"It doesn't matter to me, I'll let you guys decide." She said with a smile to all of them. And she started to wonder which one would train her. And the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen   

Back to top Go down

The Chosen
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next