Chronos

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:19 pm

"The war from France to Beijing. Crusniks and Jägers." He sighed. "I'm tired."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:33 pm

"You killed him didn`t you?"

Arvein scratched his head and glanced back at the door. "Well, he could still be alive...." How the heck did Carl do stuff like that? It's like tha man just knows when something's out of place. Casually, the assassing walked over to his seat and propped his feet up. "I told him to stop struggling. Mages, am I right? Never listen to logic." He put his hands behind his head and turned slightly to face Carl.

"You think we should look for Cress? It's probably better if he hears it from us than if he finds out about it later, right?" Carl always seemed to know the right things to do in situations like this. And, for the most part, things tended to work out pretty well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Handsome

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Jessie sighed, as she took a few more spoonfuls of the cold gumbo, as she turned her attention back to her harp. After a little while she manged to fix the string when she turned back to her gumbo she found a chipmunk sitting in it. She sighed, pulled the chipmunk out and set him down on the old creaky wobbly table, as she set the wooden dish in the sink wondering if it would even choose to work today, she picked up the dripping chipmunk and sighed as she looked around the kitchen. The table was wobbly, the sink was rusted barely worked and was overflowing with dirty dishes most of the ugly red tile floor was chipped, the cupboards were mostly bare and falling apart, and what little food they did have was cold and sitting on in the counter in large pots, and the only upkeep thing in the room were the mirrors over the sink and on the wall besides the heavily locked basement door. She sighed and walked out of the kitchen into the living room.

The living room walls were the color of puke, and the shaggy carpet was a bright yellow. A old raggedy lime green couch, sat in the middle of the room in front of the old charred fire place. Jess sighed as she remember the winter the fireplace itself had caught on fire. There was a book shelve in the corner, the two bottom shelves were broken and what books that were on it were old, moldy, and dusty. By the back shelve was a creaky side door that always got stuck, and a large mirror. There were two rooms connected to the living room, one room,had large recently insulted black double doors, that were locked. Jess went into the bathroom and pulled a towel off of a shelve. It was a small bathroom only big enough for a toylit, a small mirror, and a sink, she dried off Eddy, and made her way upstairs. The steps creaked with every step, and she wouldn`t dare touch the railing or banister in fear it would fall apart. The upstairs had sickly blue walls, with a shabby hard wood floor, and more then one hole in the roof.

All the rooms were on the right side of the hall, the only thing on the left side were 2 large mirrors. Two of the rooms upstairs were locked tight. The other two were Jessie`s own bedroom and the upstairs bathroom that didn`t even have any plumbing in it anymore. on the far end of the hall was a cracked glass door leading out to a small makeshift balcony that could crumble under you`r feet at any moment. Jess sighed and made her way into her room. Her room was small cramped, the bed was old and hard, and the windows were broken causing the cold air to blow in but it was still a place to be alone. She sat down at her small desk which had a mirror over top of it and sorted through her drawers. Her harp, her diary, her makeup oh here it was her small stash of gold. She sat down on the bed and began counting.
.........................................................................................................

Carl sighed and took anther swig of ale, while setting down the picture. "Well Paladin protalcall dictates, that in the case of a unordered killing, that a unprofessional conduct, complication, and a 409605 forum are filled, and both the sect leader and the Czar are alerted right away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:16 am

There it was again. That sinking, gut feeling that someone was looking at you, staring at you, boring into your soul and delving into your darkest secrets. The man grabbed onto Jaide's arm. A moment of panic made her tempted to hit him squarely on the jaw and the temptation increased when he told her he was a paladin.

She hated paladins. Most of them, anyways.

Underneath his sunglasses, she could not see his eyes. She did notice the slight tilt of his head as he looked towards something or someone. The feeling of unease grew. Her gut instinct told her something was wrong, something was going on. She wasn't sure what but she was going to find out.

"Take off your sunglasses," She ordered, "I want to look into your eyes as you tell me this. And let me go. You wouldn't want a scandal attached to your name, would you?" There was an underlying threat attached to the last sentence. She narrowed her now pitch black eyes, daring him to tell her no.

~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~

Asinoir agreed with Ret and the family started to make their way to New Messina. He couldn't shake the irony of the situation from his head. He pictured them sitting in the living room, him asking if they wanted to go on vacation... and then they go do some espionage. Not exactly the family holiday for normal people. Then again, there was truly nothing normal about them.

"We should fly there. It would be much faster that way," Asinoir suggested. James stiffened. Of course he would suggest that. Everyone else could fly.

"I'll keep up the back," James announced, too stubborn to tell them he'd slow them down. Asinoir knew there was an underlying reason but said nothing. Instead, he just nodded and kicked off the ground, allowing the air to lift him into the sky.

James crouched and built up energy within his legs. After a few seconds, he had enough stored. He jumped and thrust himself high into the air, soaring at incredible speeds. His descent was just as fast. He used the remaining energy in his legs to strengthen his muscles and bones, preparing for impact.

A sharp jolt of pain went through his body as he landed. He cleared about a hundred meters but he was still too slow. He rearranged his face to show no pain, refusing to let his father see his weakness. He began to jump again but he felt the air around him being altered, the magical signature that of his father's.

"Damnit, I'm fine!" James growled, lifted into the air like a newborn. He crossed his arms and grumbled like a child.

"Don't waste your energy," Asinoir said. Asinoir was never good with showing his fatherly love towards James. In Asinoir's mind, he was helping James and stopping him from hurting himself. However, James saw it as Asinoir mistrusting him as a man. James turned his face away as Asinoir flew them towards New Messina. Asinoir sighed and looked at the map.

And they say women are complicated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theforbiddenforums.forumotion.com
Green-Eyed Demon

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:50 am

With a reluctant sigh, Cress lowered his sunglasses a bit and looked her in the eyes. "I give you my word. I will not harm you." He reached in and pulled back on his paladin aura to the point that it was almost completely gone but still blocking whatever was inside her. He let go of her arm and pulled back a bit. "Meet me tomorrow in Venice and will talk more. However, right now there's someone watching us both and I think it best if you used whatever magic you have to get away quickly." With that he stepped back till she was completely out of his aura.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/The_Crimson_Beo
nield

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:36 pm

Garreth sighed as he walked around town. There wasn't much to do, but... "Hmm?" His tongue flicked out a couple times, tasting a faint magical presence in the air. "Well, things just got a bit more interesting..." he muttered to himself. Unfortunately, he found himself disappointed. the trail led to a crowd watching a fire juggler, and in such a large crowd, he couldn't naturally figure out who it was... "Wait..." He grinned. HE might not be able to figure it out, but a mage who's suffering mana loss tends to make themselves known one way or another, so he walked forward, and started to mingle with the crowd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vulkan
The Adowibbible One

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Jack moved as close to them as possible on his rooftop, and listened. The noise of the crowd made it hard to hear, but he caught some bits on conversation.
"Meet me...Venice...now ...watching...magic...away quickly."

Watching...Oh shit...
They parted ways, and Jack moved after the woman. She knew he was there, he had to distinguish himself as an ally, or C.O.R.E could be added to the list of people who wanted him dead.
He moved on top ofthe roof, and dropped silently behind her.
"...C.O.R.E mage, i presume?" he said, with politeness in his voice.

While Marnelia fed the children, Azirak want downstairs, and saw Sylas.
"Everything alright?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Green-Eyed Demon

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:02 pm

Cress watched the man drop down and stiffened up. He brought his hand to his hair and brushed it behind his ear, a sign to any paladins around. If someone was paying attention they would have instantly seen the crowd begin to swarm with men in white hooded coats.

Luckily the juggler had the attention of the crowd. The paladins began to walk towards the man, cutting him off from the girl. Cress jotted down some notes about the man's features and stepped back up into his steamcar and took off.
Back to top Go down
Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:46 pm

The man's eyes took Jaide's breath away. She gasped, unable to reign in her shock initially. When he stepped closer to her, she put her guard up again. Jaide felt a bit more comfortable when the paladin reigned in his powers. She had a slight curiosity to get the man's name but pushed it aside. If he passed her test, they would have pleasantries later.

He started to walk away and as he did so, she felt a bit woozy. She felt like her power was being sapped, more so than a regular paladin. She hung her head and cupped it in her hands, closing her eyes for a few seconds. She had to get out of here! Even the fire juggler seemed to act differently, his fireballs shrinking until they disappeared. He was a bit sick looking as well.

Jaide tried to make her way out of the crowd. Just then, someone dropped next to her (where he came from, she had no idea), and asked if she was a member of CORE.

Goddamn it, she just wanted to be left alone.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Jaide snapped, her hand still at her temple while she shot him a glare. She was getting cranky quick. Men surrounded her and the newcomer and she shot him a dirty look, blaming him for both her weakness and the army of paladins just ahead of them. She thought there was a connection between the orange eyed paladin, her magic draining, the several other paladins, and this drop out of the sky man. She was suddenly aware of what a compromised position she was in. It would be all too easy to capture her.

She dipped into the power she had without magic. She shoved the man who asked her if she was a member of CORE. She withdrew the dagger from within her shoe and ran out of the crowd, her movements silent, quick, and deadly. She was graceful as she leapt into the air, grabbing onto one of the man's shoulders, digging her knife into the side of his neck. She was doing a one handed handstand on his shoulder as she did so, looking very much like a dancer in a show. If it wasn't for the gushing blood spurting from his side, there may have been applause for her athletic prowess.

Allowing gravity to take over, she bent her toes as the man crumpled to the ground, doing a partial back flip so that her back was turned from the man's body. She spared a glance behind her, her eyes fierce in their intensity, and then took off running.

Today was just not her day.
Back to top Go down
Vulkan
The Adowibbible One

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:07 pm

Jack watched the mage run away, and kill several of the paladins. Even though he was trying to be polite, he couldnt help but feel a little irritated at her reaction.
"Now thats just fucking rude..." he muttered. Several of the men moved in on him, and he turned to them.
"Please leave me alone. I am really having a bad day."
The paladins moved closer.
"I mean it."
They didnt stop. Jack sighed.
"...fine."
One of the paladins charged foward, with a single fluid movement, jack drew his blade and sliced his head off in a single graceful strike. Just the way he had been taught a thousand times. This was like breaking a spell holding the others in place, and they all charged at him, weapons raised. Another was dead, a katana though his heart and was gone before he even realised that he was hit. He ducked another swing and took the mans neck, twisting it before letting him fall. Instinctively, he blocked another strike, and drew a knife from his belt, ramming it though the Paladins skull.

This left him some room to breathe, and he watched the other paladins move closer. He was sure he could take them out, but he needed to talk to that CORE person...and she was running like hell.

He sighed, and pausing only to rip the heart out of another paladin who go too
close for his liking, ran in the direction where the woman went. But as he ran he sighed.

Why did he have to kill so many? Was it the only thing he was good at?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:15 pm

The commotion of the battle behind her did not escape Jordyn's notice. She also realized that the paladins were not after her. She was a little put off at that. She just killed someone, possibly red flagged herself in Rome, for no reason. Well that fucking sucks.

She skidded to a halt, hearing the cessation of the battle. She assumed the man either got away or was captured. She heard footsteps approaching and decided it was the former. She could now use her magic, so she plastered herself against the wall and blended in with the shadows, becoming nearly invisible.

As the man passed by, she leapt out and grabbed him from behind, wrapping one arm underneath his right arm and crossing it over to his left pectoral. She used her left arm to hold a blade to his neck.

"Who are you and what do you want from me?" She interrogated.
Back to top Go down
Vulkan
The Adowibbible One

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Jack sighed.
"...you are really making a bad first impression. You think i was with those stupid fucking paladins? You can go back if you want, its going to take a miracle to clean the blood out of that floor."
He sighed. Rant over.
"I believe that you may be a member of C.O.R.E. I have expressed...interest, in joining you. Now, please. Let me go. I have no intention of harming you. I am not your enemy."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nield

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:42 am

Garreth watched as events unfolded, and he grinned. "Well, the lithe fox must have been the source of the scent I tasted... though it could have been the possum... and what a silly possum he is. Foxes don't tend to trust easy, and dropping out of his tree, startling an already spooked Fox? Such a silly possum..." He mumbled to himself as he watched. "But, who can blame him... Who knows what the Gorilla was saying to the Fox..." he grinned wider. "I must meet this Fox when I'm not wearing Vornshtoft... Useful though he is, h makes talking to Mages a mite hard." with that, he turned on his heel and walked off calmly, leaving the panicked crowd and bloodshed behind him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:12 am

"I suppose my first impressions are just as bad as your timing, then," Jaide said, releasing him from her hold. She began to circle around him like a cat, ready to pounce at even the slightest twitch. She checked his body language for any sign of doubt. When he passed her initial inspection, she came to a stop in front of him.

"Sorry for shoving you," Jaide apologized, "From my point of view, it looked like you all were trying to grab me," She explained.

"Now, IF I knew anything about CORE... and IF I could maybe get you in," Jaide said, waving her hand in front of her face as if she didn't care, "Why would I vouch for you? What would be your motivation to join?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
nield

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 am

Garreth quickly got changed in a darkened corner of an alley, and hid Vornshtoft nearby: He had a couple of small hideaways through most of the cities of Italy, and he had just so happened to be near one. With that done, he traced the ever-fainter trail of mana, and found the two from before. For a brief second he mulled over how he would approach it, then figured he may as well just wing it. He walked straight up to them, and proclaimed loudly "Ho there, Fox and Possum!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vulkan
The Adowibbible One

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Jack sighed, sadness showing in his face.
"Because i know what slavery is like. And i have no intention of letting magic users go through what i did. Let that be enough for you."

He removed his hood and revealed his face, and lowered his head in a gesture of respect.

"My name is Jack Arclai. Judging from what i have seen of you and heard rumors about, i am going to assume that you are Jaide Silva, the founder of C.O.R.E. Am i correct?"
As he said that, he heard something.
"Ho there, Fox and Possum!"
His brain had barely registered the voice before in a split second, he drew his blade and pointed it at the new person.
"Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nield

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:40 pm

Garreth's hand twitched towards his pocket and the gun that lay within, but he stopped it, and laughed. "Easy now possum, no need to get skittish. I mean, it was YOU who jumped out of your tree and startled the already-spooked chickadee here. I'm a humble gunsmith, and as a measure of good faith on my part, I removed my Eisha'n before I came here to talk."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDarknessOfLoyalty

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:05 pm

Sylas nodded, "Yeah... My travels haven't brought much good news to my ears though... Turns out if we get spotted using magic locked up and enslaved we go..." He shook his head, "Not something i want to stain mother's name with."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Handsome

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:34 pm

Jessie finished counting, here pathetic stash and put it in her backpack she kept under her bed. She ran a finger down, the worn and battered seems of the small brown bag. The bag was old, a eyesore, and was threatening to burst at any minute but she could bring herself to get rid of it. She closed her eyes as she remembered that day when she was five and she and her mother had to leave the Yokai realm. Her mom had seemed upset, her dad seemed sad and she had had no idea what was going on. He had brought her close hugged her tight like he never wanted to let her go, kissed her on the forehead, and sat down with her and talked. At the end of there conversation he handed her his old backpack full of the old Rune Elf artifacts and other things he had carried with him as a reminder of him. Tears rolled down her cheeks, before she brought herself to stand up go downstairs and walk out the door. The stone steps crumbled a little underneath her feet, as she walked down to what could barely be considered a sidewalk. A old frail white haired lady, was out sweeping her steps, as a skinny ginger haired boy, stood on the curb trying to sell papers. Jess sighed as she walked past a abandoned hop scotch court drawn in chalk.

New Haven, was one of Italy's largest slums. Most of the buildings were rotting and used for housing , there were little to no shops, and more then a few people even lived on the street. Though some people here were poor commoners that couldn`t afford to live anywhere else most likely due to an illness in the family, most of them were government owned magi slaves that weren`t needed anywhere else and dumped here in this slum to work as paper boys, and at the nearby coin factory. Jessie and her mother weren`t registered June spent most of her time trapping people and dabbling in a darker aspect of magic, while Jess pick pocket to give them enough money to live on. A small crippled boy leaped out of the way as a steam car pounded down the street. The only person in New Haven you could even afford a steam car was the New Republic lackey that manged the coin plant. Jess sighed as she passed a old abandoned apartment building, and watched as a gargoyle crashed and fell.

She should be mirror walking somewhere at this time of day and running some jobs, but she just wasn`t in the mood. She was tired of living in a dump where the government threw all the poor people and slaves they didn`t want. She was tired of having to steal to make ends meet. She was tried of having to hide who she was. IT wasn`t just that though she was sad, sad about the way people like her were being treated, sad that her father was trapped in a different, sad about her mother. In fact it was a mixture of that and other complex emotions. Sometimes she wanted t ojoin the railroad and rise up other times she felt like a roach in something to big for her to even matter in it. She needed someone to talk to, someone to vent to, she needed to look up a old friend. She pulled out her hand mirror and tracked a certain sword, she found that her friend or at least her sword was at a beach just north of New Haven. Looking into the Tyrrhenian sea, if she had her geography right. Jess kept her mirror out and began the trek.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devil Hunter Silver

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:07 am

Daenerys walked along a beach, dragging Kamikaze with her. She didn't have any specific reasons for it, but she felt like doing so. At least no paladins were nearby, she thought. They surely bothered her, especially since last month when she decided to try to find where the group of rebel mages know as C.O.R.E. would be. She wasn't aligned with them, but it's always good to know where potential allies could be.

That and her mother had simply disappeared a few days ago. “Where could she be?” Dany mumbled to herself “She seemed worried about something, more than usual”

She stopped for a moment, looking towards the ocean and thinking if she could meet someone, but decided against it, atleast for some time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Handsome

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:18 am

It took Jessie a while but she found the beach. As her feet touched the sand, and she heard the waves crashed she looked back down at her mirror. The reflection should be almost right in front of her, she hoped to god she was tracking the right reflection. She saw a figure, dragging a sword along the beach up ahead, and called out. " Daenery`s?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devil Hunter Silver

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:25 am

Dany looked back, taking a moment to recognize Jessie "Hey Jess" She said while walking towards her and smiling "Was going to visit you, but it appears that you found me first"

"Everything still going as always?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Green-Eyed Demon

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:29 am

Cress drove around the city for a bit before leaving. Even though it was saf there, he never felt comfortable at the HQ. Something about it always made him feel watched. He decided ti head out to the coast for some R&R. "Maybe Lord Falks could send a few of his servant girls over from Corsica for a party."
Back to top Go down
Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:43 am

Jaide nodded to Jack after he explained and introduced himself. Still a bit wary, after all, paranoia kept CORE secret, she gave him a small smile at his assumption. She neither denied nor confirmed his claim. She was a bit proud, though, that her name was fast becoming the icon for CORE. It didn't do much for keeping herself secret although.

As she opened her mouth to speak, someone came into the alleyway they were standing. He called out a greeting, calling each of them animal names. Jaide tilted her head, a little amused. She quickly deduced that she was both "Fox" and "Chickadee" whilst Jack was "Possum". She held in a snort.

A quick perusal of the newcomer also aided his declaration of peace. He didn't seem to have much on him for weapons. The fact his hand twitched to his pocket and the fact he said he was a gunsmith gave her a clue that he was probably packing. It didn't concern her. Several residents of Rome did, as this was the most prosperous city in Italy and people here could actually afford ammunition.

When he mentioned his Eisha'n, Jaide froze. Her whole body tensed up and her hand slid to her dagger on her side (she kept them in various places to ensure easy access). She reminded herself to calm down, that it wasn't around, and that the man came with goodwill.

Jaide breathed slowly out of her nose, allowing the tension to migrate from her body. "You were at the square, weren't you?" Was Jaide's simple question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art   

Back to top Go down

The Forsaken Art
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next