The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)

Go down 
+11
TheDarknessOfLoyalty
Dethhollow
The Dark Princess
Kinzville
Rorschach
Green-Eyed Demon
Vulkan
Chronos
Dark Knight Darvello
Devil Hunter Silver
Aroro
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Aroro

Aroro

The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:06 pm

for Jaide. I'll probably have it so that something happens with her sister that makes her unable to be in charge of core anymore. as for the other stuff, I'll let people put in applications then PM everyone who's still active to find out who they want to run it.
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddenforums.rpg-board.net
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Intrested in hosting and cue random plot-based rant! Lauren's character is already close to becoming the next Czar IC.... But it does kind-of make sense that there would be a guy to call the shots while they were getting Zelcys's coronation together. Especially with the growing threat of the rebelion and the deaths of 2 Czars in such a short period of time. It would be feesable to consider the Republic nobles might suspect a hint of fowl play from CORE and assume that they killed thier Czars to try and take out thier leaders. So such an idea would cause somt political unrest about thier relationship with mages. Prehaps they would paint CORE as evil assassins who wish to only take control of the Republic for themselves.

So there's a good threat to spur the average citizen into action. Now all we need is something drastic that's able to really get the players involved with the plot and stopping the Republic. We need that moment of them going too far to put them back in the position of a feesable threat because, as one might have noticed, there was almost no drama with the last fight scene in the CORE base. It's like half those NPCs havn't even held a sword before!

Also, there has to be a good motive to try and stop the Republic's plans within a timeframe. I mean, in TFA I we had the looming threat of magical genocide to keep people from just being like "Meh, well... ehhhh, this isn't a big deal...." And shrugging it off.... One of the problems with TFA II is the Republic's plan is to enslave all mages and... yeah. That's it. There's nothing really at stake. The RP pretty much starts with mages being enslaved. I'm thinking the threat of another magical genocide or some kind of law being passed in the Republic to execute "unruly mages", which is a way of saying "anyone suspected to be with CORE".

Finally, what would happen with CORE once Jaide steps down? I have no idea if Aro has a plan about how to appoint CORE's next leader or whatever, but I believe without a successor to CORE, there might be a power struggle. Which is also intresting. Protagonists openly fighting, each thinking they know the best direction to move forward while the Republic starts acting out. That's the makings of some good interpersonal drama and potential develoupment.
Back to top Go down
Green-Eyed Demon

Green-Eyed Demon

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:11 pm

My idea, before an unexpected trip to the nether regions of the world, was for Cress to try passing laws that would allow mages to go free. After Zelcys ousting him as a mage lover at his coronation ceremony, he would end up disappearing and abandon the title of czar. This would leave it open to whoever wants it (Zelcys). He would leave and go into hiding, never to be heard from for a long time.

Then that's where my Lawyer-mage comes in and reveals his plot to some of the major members of CORE. He would then bring Falks into the picture as a major contender for the czar position and the antagonist which everyone should come together to stop.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/The_Crimson_Beo
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:32 pm

So Cress becomes Czar, Cress plans on making laws to free mages before stepping down as Czar (which doesn't quite make sense since he was already planning to free the mages), Zelcys becomes Czar, lawyer tells CORE that Cress wanted to free mages, either the lawyer or Cress bring in Falks from wherever the frig he is to become Czar, and everyone tries to stop Falks....

So Cress would screw up and introduce Falks or would the lawyer... I don't know. Why would Falks even be an antagonist? He was a hero in TFA I and, as a mage, wouldn't he be against people enslaving his fellow mages? Also, how would Falks become the Czar? Wether there's someone else in the position aside, Falks is a half demon and about as magical as you can get.... If mages are slaves and Cress is hated for being a mage lover, why would Falks be eligable for Czar at all?

Sorry if I'm not understanding this right, but I don't get what you're planning at all besides trying to switch out one villianous character of yours for another. Why would Falks be a worse option than Cress as Czar, again?
Back to top Go down
Vulkan
The Adowibbible One
Vulkan

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Quote :
After Zelcys ousting him as a mage lover at his coronation ceremony

quoted from the bio...

Quote :
As his father was being kicked out, the man suddenly combusted randomly. His mother, distraught, ran off with Cress' uncle and was never seen again. With no one to turn to, Cress turned to a life of crime.
Eventually he he learned the ways of the Paladins and became a high ranking ember of the government. With his power, Cress created a very special group dedicated to hunting the people who killed his father. He named this group "The Mage Hunters".

...i dont even...what?
Back to top Go down
The Dark Princess

The Dark Princess

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 9:06 pm

Falks isn't needed to be an antagonist Czar... yes Zelcys may APPEAR to be mild-mannered and someone who may APPEAR to want only peace... but, as they say, power corrupts. Laws against Unregistered mages even being allowed alive being her first decision as Czar. She will also double the mandatory enslavement time for those already in enslavement, and those out of enslavement will be forced to work for free...

And that's jsut the start of her plans... can't go revealing them all though can I?
Back to top Go down
Green-Eyed Demon

Green-Eyed Demon

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:00 am

I thought Zelcys WAS a mage?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/The_Crimson_Beo
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:59 am

Okay soooo... Dark Princess and Dethhollow wanna host... both have good ideas...

Hmmm...

How's about cohosting together? One takes New Republic leadership and the other CORE or a different organization.
Back to top Go down
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 11:20 am

That sounds like an awesome idea, Aro. Only problem is how do we decide who takes what position? I mean, I know Lauren's character is already close to being Czar.... I could try and introduce an orginazation, but then what to do with CORE and The Chosen.
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 11:34 am

*puts on shades and turns into a lizard* Not my chair, not my problem. *sunbaths*

Actually to be honest that'd be up to you guys, not me.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Princess

The Dark Princess

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 3:54 pm

Zelcys was born magicless, a rarity for Nequstrians. Why else would she be able to wield a Manaflayer like Grungineer?

The Chosen still have a part in the RP... after all The New Republic might not want Ret to plant the Mana Seed.
Back to top Go down
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:13 pm

I could make a character from The Chosen who could take over as thier leader and try and merge thier forces with CORE. After all, over 20 years have passed. There's enough time for someone to gain thier trust after being isolated in the MSP and plan to take over Asinoir's position since they lost the battle for thier village.... Just have to come up with a good concept.

Prehaps a storm mage?
Back to top Go down
The Dark Princess

The Dark Princess

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Message from Danny: Ret commands the Mana Spirits... so it's likely she'll be very wary about anyone trying to displace Asinoir forcibly.
Back to top Go down
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:16 pm

I've got to do something.... And since literally everybody's in CORE, they wouldn't let a new member come out of nowhere for power. Which kind-of leaves the only options being "second-in-command Republic person" and "create a new group without any real basis"......

As a co-host, I feel like I should have a way to infuence the plot, which involves making a new character unless Jenna impersonates Jaide. And, to be honest, I'm pretty sure Nield's all knowing character will somehow call her out on it correctly without any basis at all.
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 8:58 am

Okay I know I'm not a host anymore but here's my two cents:

1. I have no problems with people bunnying Jaide until a solution is found.

2. The main problem is that everyone is in CORE, right? How's about we figure a way to disband it? They get back from the hot springs and CORE's HQ is leveled. Venice kicks CORE out due to political stress with Rome. Magic transports people out of the hot springs but randomly puts them on all spots all over Italy. There's a lot of options.

3. I do believe nield dropped out. Not sure though.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Princess

The Dark Princess

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 7:07 pm

I've had an idea... Zelcys uses the sight/sounds she gets from the Hot Springs to not only destroy Cress' credibility to the New Republic, denying him the Czar spot, but also Jaide's credibility in CORE... and Jaide gets her power usurped from her and consequently she goes into hiding to protect her sister and Zelcys becomes the Czar... and ushers in in a new time of anti-mage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)    The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Forsaken Art (TFA 2) (Accepting Bad Guys Only)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6