This is not really a "goodbye thread", though I am kind of saying goodbye. I am not leaving or anything, I am just sensing the end for TFF. Maybe altogether, maybe just for me. I don't know. Anyways, this is not really about that. I was talking to Kinz on fb and I was thinking about some of my better memories here. I started feeling very nostalgic, so I wanted to reminisce a little. So here are a few of my favorite memories here.
1. My first day here, I somehow ended up being a "vampire mouse" and living in Lizzy's shirt (purely platonic). That was fun. Auraurus would come on and pass out muffins. I always got special tiny blood muffins. That sounds disgusting, but it was so funny at the time.
2. The first day I actually talked to Marya. I saw her on here like twenty times before that, and don't ask me why, but I always found her very intimidating. I used to get really quiet when she got on and wait for her to leave before I would talk again. I really am not sure why I felt that way at the time. So one day I finally got up the nerve to talk to her and I am so glad I did.
3. The first time I met Aurauris. That was like meeting an angel or something. What a brilliantly wonderfully fantastic human being. <3 <3 <3 <3
4. The day Drummy PMed me and just wanted to chat. I sat there and stared at it for like ten minutes, trying to figure out if it was a trap. I replied, and now I think of him as one of my best friends (online anyways).
5. Last, and this may surprise some people, but it is actually a good thing in a way. The day I met Grace, I was on here chatting. I cannot remember who all was here at the time (sorry), except I know Marya was. When Grace asked me out, I chickened out, but Marya talked me into saying yes when she came back and tried again. Now, if you know how that ended, you may be thinking that sucks. I am very glad she did it though. Before meeting Grace, I was a frightened little child living in a hole. She may have been a terrible person sometimes, but she forced me out of my shell. I have a few actual friends now, and I am not completely afraid to talk to strangers... just kinda afraid.
So thats it I guess. I mean, I have too many awesome memories of this place to list at one time. I will be around, but not much. My name on fb is Evee Renny if anyone wants to look me up. I love you all, and I hope we stay in touch. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Posts : 75 Join date : 2013-04-09 Age : 24 Location : Japan
Subject: Re: Farewell TFF... Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:03 am
Ah, it seems I may lose contact then. It was fun. In general, even if I was not the most active member myself. This place was dying slowly as it was, I was trying to bring a few new faces here, but sadly... they aren't so good with English and it often backfires.
As a General thing, There isn't any way to contact me outside of here, so if it does die and we all go our seperate ways.... I hope you guys have fun. (Tip: Don't rush life.)
And if we're gooing to share fond Memories... I've got a few.
1. Getting Saber on here. Believe it or not, me convincing Saber to sign up and join this site sparked us spending alot more time together and eventually led to romantic interest and finally the Marriage.
2. Meeting the Demon. Knowing/Meeting Ivy has been one of the strangest times of my life (Even if I am only older then her by about three years). She's a strange one... Even if she is unreasonable and 'explosive' at times... I have to say, I don't really have anything bad to say about the time I've known her. (Except maybe the stress from her lifestyle and trying to 'fix' it with her.)
3. Meeting everyone on here has helped me with my English, my writing skills and just generally everything about socialising and helped spark my final decision in moving to England so quickly. (The Xenophobia in Japan is rather worrying.)
4. Managing to honor Isara's memory. This is a little bit of a sad story, but it was a rather memorable moment for me on this site. Meeting Ivy and RJ (Alchemist of Death) sparked a Chatzy between us which gradually grew until we had around eight people. Among these people was a English girl called Isara, sweet and kind hearted, however... She suffered from a large amount of problems and this led to Ivy growing to have a soft spot for her (Crazy right?), and wouldn't allow anyone to get near her in a sexual or romantic way from our group. We all built friendships and the like... Then... We heard that she'd been hospitalized... We all went to see her. She died.... We were all at the funeral... Despite this extremely sad story.. It has ended on a bright side... Of me finally finishing her 'dream' of finishing Outer Heaven's Divide... And it's thanks to people on here I manged to do so.
I'll add more to this maybe... But... That's all for now.
Posts : 461 Join date : 2012-11-09 Age : 26 Location : Virginia
Subject: Re: Farewell TFF... Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:22 pm
I'm sad to say I gave up on this place a little too fast. But, it can't be helped. This place was all I would think about during the day, and I constantly checked for posts, replies, I checked who was online. It became my own personal retreat from the real world. And I am heartbroken to see it go the way it is right now. I have met so many new and very unique people throughout this experience, and I wish it could last a bit longer.
But, I do have to say, as sad as I am to see this place falling into the dark oblivion of the internet, It has helped me gain confidence, improve my vocabulary, ability to write, creativity, and so much more. For the longest time I had no aspiration in life. No will to get better at what I do. But this place gave me that, and it was honestly a pleasure to meet each and every one of you.
But I must bid you a fond farewell, and wish you well in your endeavors throughout the course of your lives. Always know that I'll check in periodically, and I'll gladly respond to any of you as soon as I can.
~Tribby, Trib, or as I am more commonly known, Tributer.
P.S. You can email me personally at Flamingseige@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Farewell TFF... Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:19 pm
Bye, big guy. <3 Hey remember when you used to carry me around on your shoulders?! That was fun...
Wow, this is so sad...
This place really did become like a second home to me. Kind of a first home for a while, when life got so overwhelming that I needed to get away from it. I can't believe how much I am already missing it.
Posts : 412 Join date : 2012-11-09 Age : 20 Location : R'lyeh
Subject: Re: Farewell TFF... Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:45 pm
Damn this is late but wow, your presence was truly felt, and it will be missed. I really liked you in a way I like no other; you were truly a special gift to us all, and we will feel the after effect of your departure. I wish only the best of luck for you and the like. Maria has me on Facebook, if you would want to add me to keep in touch. Otherwise, so long and take care <3
Posts : 139 Join date : 2012-11-20 Age : 18 Location : Indiana, USA
Subject: Re: Farewell TFF... Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:24 am
Ladies and Gentlemen, it's been a privilege Roleplaying with you...
But all in all, I really am grateful for this site. It's brought me the best friends I ever could have asked for, and the best times of my life. If any of you want to talk sometime, you can message me at Cavejohnson421@gmail.com
Thank you all for being the best people I could ever have the joy of being friends with.