The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)   Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:17 pm

Tobi remained silent as she finished her meal. Despite all the sorrows contained within she cherished her past. Having been beaten on all fronts her solace in life lied far more in her memories than any promises the future may hold. There was simply no way she could connect to someone so quick to turn their back on events that shaped them. Unfair as the accusation was on her part she began to feel a disconnect from the girl eating across from her. Instead she recalled the bonds of friendship forged in the fires of struggles long past. It saddened her that people like that no longer existed in their world. She herself had lost the will that connected her with her siblings in arms.

Sadly there was little for reminiscing as her train of thought was soon interrupted by the unmistakable sound of an attack helicopter. It was probably, almost certainly her imagination, but either circumstance was an indicator that she needed to move. "Time to go," she ordered jumping to her feet. By time she finished Naida was already out of sight.

Hawkeye wasted no time joining her in the car and getting back on the highway. Fortunately they were already close to their destination. They needed to make it to a city where they could blend in, and discourage the Company from making a scene. "Listen carefully," she said in a commanding tone that would silence the bravest of men. "Take this. You're going to get out at the next exit. Follow the road signs to New Vegas. Keep moving and familiarize yourself with the area. Do NOT talk to anyone. When the time comes to rendezvous the phone will ring three times and you'll receive a text. We'll meet there four minutes later., and under no circumstances are you to go inside without me. They don't take kindly to strangers. If you don't hear anything in six hours assume I'm dead."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umbra

PostSubject: Re: The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)   Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:11 am

((Writing at 4am, so I really may need to fix a lot later))

Naida had no idea why it was suddenly, "time to go" but she wasted no time asking why either. Whatever it had been, Hawkeye looked alarmed and that was enough to alarm Naida, and when Naida felt alarmed, she did the same thing she did when she felt anything else, she ran. She was in the car with her seat belt on by the time Hawkey got out of the restaurant. Naida waved her over frantically. "C'mon c'mon! How come everyone always walks everywhere? I know you only run at a snail's speed but at least try!"

Hawkeye did not even seem to hear her. She had a look on her face that reminded Naida of a T.V. soldier on a mission. She had very little experience with actual soldiers, so that was the closest reference she could think of to desribe the determined look on Hawkeye's face.

"Listen carefully," she said in a tone that actually made Naida's mouth snap shut, though she had been just about launch into a tirade of questions.  "Take this. You're going to get out at the next exit. Follow the road signs to New Vegas. Keep moving and familiarize yourself with the area. Do NOT talk to anyone. When the time comes to rendezvous the phone will ring three times and you'll receive a text. We'll meet there four minutes later., and under no circumstances are you to go inside without me. They don't take kindly to strangers. If you don't hear anything in six hours assume I'm dead."

She nodded along as Hawkeye talked, but she did not interrupt, at least not until Hawkeye mentioned something about her being dead! "DEAD? Hawkeye don't die on me! I know I tease you about being a slowpoke and stuff but you are still faster than most these dimwits!" She waved an arm out at the rest of the world. "Please be very careful! I promise I won't call you slowpoke anymore and I will wait for you to get out of the car before I run into McDonald's next time, and I won't get a happy meal anymore....I don't even like the stupid toy! I mean I like it a little. I will probably keep this one, since I have it already anyways. Just be careful!" Naida snatched the phone up and took off without another word. She did not want to cry in front of Hawkeye. She had tried to focus her little rant on Hawkeyes safety, but what she had really wanted to do was beg her not to make Naida leave. She had been alone for so long, and she really had thought that she was going to have a partner at last. She was no fool though, she knew what this meant.

If Hawkeye had any real intentions of coming back, she would have given Naida a number to call in an emergency, or at least given her a real name. Granted, Hawkeye was an awesome name! She really really hoped that if the text did come, it would include the codename that Naida had given herself during the drive. Still, it was not exactly very personal to only know the codename of your new partner. Even if none of that meant anything, why makes the fastest person in the world leave when you are trying run from someone?

She was already seven miles down the road when she decided she could not do it. If Hawkeye wanted to ditch her, that was her choice, but she could not let Hawkeye go to her death alone. If anyone tried to hurt Hawkeye, Naida would hit them so many times in one second that they would think that their bodies spontaneously exploded. That, and she would do it without letting Hawkeye see her. She desperately wanted to be accepted by Hawkeye, but it could not be forced on her or what was the point? She found the car not far behind her and circled far around to stay out of sight. With her goggles on, she had no problem watching the car while maintaining high enough speed to stay out of sight. It was difficult not too lose the car. If she sped up too much, she would pass it up, and if she slowed down too much, she would certainly be spotted. She settled for zigzagging back and forth on the road while moving forward as well. This meant she could run fast, while making less forward progress.

After a while she started to feel the fatigue of running like that, so stopped for a quick breather. She waited a full two minutes, then caught back up with the car.... then she realized that she had just solved her problem without realizing it. In those two minutes, she had barely even lost sight of the vehicle on this flat, desert landscape. She quickly bolted to the side and stopped behind a large boulder. She waited a full minute before peeking out to find the car. It took her a moment but she picked out the tail end. Moving from spot to spot, she followed Hawkeye...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Abominations (DrummyxUmbra)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2