The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This City Never Sleeps at Night

Go down 
+10
Vulkan
brennie42
Copacetic
Lord Coake
CoolMusette
Kinzville
Green-Eyed Demon
Lununguis
Aurauris
AkaiJose
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Oh, okay. I used to get pop ups but I don't anymore, so I miss them a lot.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 11:29 pm

Alright I need to know what my three newest players are doing. So Vulk, Green, and Mist let me know if:

your characters were at the meeting (Mist if yes tell me how they attended considering your powers)?
if the answer to the first question was no is you character currently a part of our sect?
if no are they part of another sect and have plans on seeking our out?
if no again how do you plan on getting involved?

If you are a part of the sect who is your partner? You can make an NPC with you want or pair up with each other. Mist since your character's are more geared towards observation you'd have the option of pairing up with Teresa instead who is played by me. I'd rather avoid having a group of 4 or a one man act but we can make something work if that's what you want to do.

You can also answer these questions in the form of an IC post.
Back to top Go down
Green-Eyed Demon

Green-Eyed Demon

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 11:32 pm

Spoiler:

Name: Crow
Appearance/ typical apparel:
Crow is tall and lanky man with long arms and thin, spider like fingers. His face has a sharp, thin nose and very narrow jaw. He's clean-shaven with short, crew cut black hair. Crow generally gives off a creepy, leering vibe. His clothing consists of simple flannel button down shirts and black jeans.
Weapons/unusual equipment/gear:
This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 2b7c6351a58c5cc44d9f0a27831b148a
Two pistols that function similar to tranquilizer guns. They fire darts which can be loaded with anything from a paralyzing toxin, to hallucinogens and psychoactive drugs that impair an enemy's judgement.
skills:
Crow is trained in Dim Mak, a specific type of martial arts that focuses on shutting down the body's pressure points. He can extend this by using his Magic ability to essentially freeze up the body's system, with a melee strike to the chest essentially killing the target instantly should they fail to defend against it. He also has a strong mind for alchemy, and monster and human anatomy. Using these skills, Crow can pinpoint an enemy's weakspot and target it with a custom tailored poison from his gun. On the flipside, he can use his alchemy skills to create medicine to help his allies.
magical ability:
This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 Purified_Daedric_White
Absolute Armor - Crow forms a set of armor around his entire body. The armor is composed of incredibly dense ice and absorbs the energy of most physical and projectile attacks that strike him. The energy that is absorbed can either be doled out as extra force behind a punch or kick, or stored to fuel Crow's body for later. He can also form weapons like daggers and short swords but once they leave his hands, they melt into water.
Weakness(es): While his armor is strong, it is not impervious. It will break down quickly if struck too much. 5 melee hits will shatter it, while ranged shots only require 3. His weapons aren't so lucky, as they break after two melee hits and one ranged shot will destroy them instantly.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/The_Crimson_Beo
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 3:23 pm

I am trying to decide between whether they were there in person, whether one projected themselves there or whether they managed to both project there now. Option one would likely be the most interesting but annoying for the Dravers while two is the most likely. Three they would only do if bot were feeling particularly bored.

As for a partner, I doubt your Theresa would be willing to let two willful teens with severe mood swings work on their own but would Theresa be able to stand the twins and their personality? If she can, I think that would make the most sense for the twins who are essentially one personality in two different bodies.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 3:37 pm

She hates basically everyone, so being stuck with them wouldn't be too much of a hassle compared to other day to day interactions.

If you were at the meeting in person she would get to work with you right away, if you attended via projection then one of us will have to go to the other.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:27 pm

Hey Drummy, I sent you my first post just to look through before I actually post it. I'm not even sure if it will be allowed so please read over it.

Ok I've added the extra section, rather than changing what thy did. I'l be away from Saturday to Sunday of Monday though. My parents aren't going to be able to take me to church so my brother and I will be at our grandfahers. I won't be home between 7 and 11 o'clock or later today either but that is going to be standard on Fridays.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 4:07 am

Quote :
She stopped arms length from a tall, slender man with a morose air about him.
That's your cue Green.

Vulk if you want to be Green's partner then your character can be right next to him and you two can work it out from there. If you still want to do that delivery at the school instead and meet up with Berry and Rip that's fine too. We'll work to accommodate you either way.

The thing Teresa had you handle the other night is the same thing that mauled the dead guy Mist refereed to in his first post. I don't know or care what it was, you guys are free to make it up.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 3:59 am

Auto-prune really has it out for this thread (Despite it's corresponding IC being active). So I'm going to post the line up and who can post to buy us another 30 days.

Able to post:
Mist
Green
Noel
Rip (only with Isaac)
Berry
Vulkan
Lunlun

Waiting:

Me (waiting for 3 characters on Mist, Berry, and Noel)
Rip (waiting on Noel)
Aura (on Lunlun)

If you're on the top list and will not be able to post in the IC within a week (From time of posting) please let me know and specify if the post is merely delayed or straight up not coming. We can work something out. If you feel like you are on the wrong list also let me know.

And lastly just so we're clear both Hannah and Teresa are NPCs (despite the later having a bio) and I will not be posting as either of them unless they are interacting with actual PCs. A time passes I may allow others to exercise control over them as well. Players are free to make NPCs as they deem necessary (just don't abuse that privilege). It is up to you if you will allow others to bunny these NPCs and to even pick and choose who can and who cannot.
Back to top Go down
Kinzville

Kinzville

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 9:37 pm

Time for the rookie

Name: Dander Haren
Appearance/ typical apparel: Dander`s build is that of a normal linebacker. Weighing in at around 200 pounds, with the upper body muscles that come with the gig. He also gets an added workout and muscle boost from boxing as well. He has a few scare here and there from rough patch's, the most noticeable being around his jawline underneath his dull green eyes. He normally wears blue jeans a simple t shirt and his vartesy lettermen jacket

Weapons/unusual equipment/gear:None doesn``t even know his own true powers yet.

skills: While Dander has none of the training the other members do as of yet he does have experience in both sports and fighting. He spent most of his school carrier in football and boxing and has gained the pysachil strength , speed, skill, and reflexes that come with it. He also has the on you`r feet thinking used in scarps and brawls. Now if only he`d stop getting in them.

magical ability: (notice the singular form) Nature Empathy: Transmits his thoughts and emotions to plants and animals, this allows him to control them but they may also come based on hi emonticl state rather then a thought command. The more he works with a plant or animal them ore a link is formed which allows him to feel what it feels..............including it`s pain.

Weakness(es): Unexperniced knows almost nothing about magic or the supernatural.

History: (optional.) Been in foster care his whole life never knew his parents bounced around a bit got into some trouble until he found a real nice foster family. Things were going great a nice foster sister, and a great foster mom.........who know sits on her death bed.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 11:07 pm

Kay, you're good to go. I'd recommend either you or Rip bump into the other person at school so we can get things moving.

Thank you Noel for posting. I won't be posting with Charles until a few more hours pass IC. My NPCs are still waiting on others to interact with them.
Back to top Go down
Kinzville

Kinzville

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 4:10 pm

May come back and clean this up a bit later.

Name: Jessie Untone
Appearance/ typical apparel: Jessie does have a girly side she loves red dresses, perfumes and other things but as a witch she finds them highly unprofessional  and unpractical. She prefers clothing that is light and easy to maneuver in. The colors are typically selected to blend in with her surroundings, lots of black and grey for night time hunts. Jessie has long hair that goes down to about her wait, it was once a bright and bouncy blond it is now thing and faded due to exposure to harsh light. She has a tall and slender body, she has a muscular form from years of gymnastics' and martial arts tarning
Weapons/unusual equipment/gear: While Jessie has received firearm training from a former marine her only  gun is a stranded service pistol fitted for various bullets though she rarely uses it. She keeps a dagger strapped to her hip at all times as well as one hidden in her shoe if needed. Her main weapon of choice is a speaclised cross bow, fitted for wooden arrows. She keeps a tattred old backpack by her side. It holds rasheans (food), some first aid supplies, notes taken by her parents during there hunts, some wooden stakes, a paste of crushed garlic she uses to coat her daggers, and few raw heads of garlic.

She speciles in vampires if you can`t tell.

skills:  Jessie has had all basic Coven training, as well as years of gymnastic and various martel  arts traing. She was also trained by a former marine an while she does not use them she has been trained in  many types of firearms. She has gone through basic miltlery surveil traing, and is profcinet in parkour. She has also acquired some skill is picking locks, despite this being frowned on by certin coven members not wishing to be reduced to powerful thieves it does come in handy from time to time.

magical ability: Light bending: Jessie can bend and shift light practices, as well as generate burts of light, and increase the light in a area. This makes her very useful agnsit the light fearing vampires.

Weakness(es): (optional but preferred)Slightly reckless will do almost anything to get her kill, stuborn can`t easily change her mind, fails to listen to any waring about the effect of overusing her abilty could have on her health.

History: Ask anyone in New York and the Untone family will be described as a family with a long history in New York that dates back to the days before it was even called New York. Now a days they mainly mange a finical and real estate while investing in a few ventures here and there.  The Juneth family will be described as just as powerful controlling a trade and import empire while being know for there many philanthropist members. Ask those within the coven and they can tell you most of the family members by name, for they are witch's after all. Vonton Untone was a rare one being able to balance both his duty's as a witch and his duty's to the family business. The charming young businessman, become smitten with his partner and well one thing led to a another. Mary Juneth was off of active duty with a new born baby girl when her lover went out what was meant to be a minor assignment and never returned. Mary raised Jessie with the aid of a old friend, a former marine who experienced his calling while deployed. Mary handled the magic while he handled the combat training. At first Mary had wanted to stay out of the Coven duties but she eventually resumed active duty, and came home for a while. Jessie was around 5 when Mary stopped coming home. Ridely became her parent from then on, Jessie was around 15 when his maimed body was found. Jessie became dedicated to her coven duties after this, eventually coming to believe that they died due to there outside connections, and believing that a witch should only ever be concerned with the hunt.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:15 pm

Do you want Jessie to pair with Crow? He already has an assignment.

Since Hisa and Vulk our both working on bios we can pair up their characters when they are ready. I'm thinking the two HS students may train with Teressa for a weeks IC before going into the field. They won't be paired together after that for obvious reasons though. Well maybe Teressa will take them out with her, but eventually the groups will be shifted to pair them with more experienced members.

Mist's twins don't have a partner either, but they don't really do a lot of field work. They may be interacting primarily with Teressa.

Soon, maybe after this first day IC is over I will start some plot lines that will require the whole coven to work together.
Back to top Go down
Kinzville

Kinzville

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:17 pm

Im fine having her work with crow.
Back to top Go down
Vulkan
The Adowibbible One
Vulkan

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:53 pm

Name: William Yoshen
Appearance/ typical apparel:  William is a fairly short and thin young man, with greying hair, pale skin and an almost effeminate face. He considers himself a man of wealth and taste, and dresses accordingly in sharp three piece suits. However, in the company of others, he wears a gas mask over his face. Partially to conceal his identity and voice, but mostly because he thinks it makes him memorable.

Weapons/unusual equipment/gear: He rarely fights himself, preferring to put as many bodies between himself and an opponent as possible. He carries a 9mm pistol, but he is more accustomed to using it on his own soldiers, rather than any opponent.

personality: William…is kind of an asshole. He suffers from delusions of grandeur, and believes that he is superior to all other humans, considering them pathetic and beneath him. He fully expects all normal humans to virtually kiss his feet, and isn’t above setting drones on them for his own amusement (he dousnt go as far as to kill them though, usually) He often acts civil, but under the smile is sheer bone crushing contempt. He can act friendly to people who interest him though. (e.g. women) Towards his drones, he dousnt see them as ever human and often treats them terribly, shooting them for the slightest misdemenor. One way to get on his good side however, is to talk about video games. If that happens, he drops all mean qualities and becomes quite friendly, until the conversation stops and he remembers what he was doing in the first place and how much he hates everyone.

skills: Although his powers do most of the work for him, rooting around in human cadavers has given him a knowledge of the human anatomy that he could use to help people. If he wanted to. Which he really dousnt. He is also quite a competent tactician.

magical ability: His power is the power of flesh and metal. He is capable of combining machinery and human cadavers to create lifeforms he calls “Drones” Said drones obey the first voice they hear upon creation, which will always makes sure is his. Drones are usually weak and sluggish, but are capable of bursts of strength and speed should he give them an order to do so. Most drones only have hard drives in their skulls, acting as a replacement brain. However, some can have other appliances attached to them by William to make them more “interesting” Many drones have weaponry built in to act as soldiers. Others can be made just to suit will’s aims. His personal favorite is a seven foot drone with a m16 assault rifle built into his arm, a small toaster in his shoulder and a microwave in his chest, which he often makes use of either when he is in trouble or would like something to eat but is too comfortable to get up. Drones are extremely energy efficient, but need energy to survive, such as from food. Should a drone go two weeks without food or some other way of gaining energy, it will die. Drones cannot feed themselves, so William needs to order others to do it. Of course, there is always a few that he forgets about. Ever the pragmatist, he always orders the machinery inside them to be removed before tossing the cadaver into a river. Standard drones are indisquishable from normal humans apart from behaviour, although other models often show external machinery. Drones are not self aware.

Weakness(es): Although drones are capable of strength and speed, its nothing beyond what a well trained human is capable of (although some of will’s pet projects have aimed to change this) instead seeking to swamp their foe with weight of numbers.  William himself is very unfit and a terrible shot with his pistol. If he gets into a fight, he is finished. Making a drone takes at least ten minutes, with more advanced models taking up to an hour.

History: Will was born to a simple family, where his father just happened to be a police officer. He idolized his father, and sought to kill bad people (despite his father telling him that was a bad thing to do) He found his powers at the age of 12, where he accidentally implanted a small phone into a dead rabbit. (it died again less than half an hour later) Slowly, he began to break into hospitals and convert the cadavers inside into his own personal soldiers. He would then send them to kill “Bad people” After a while, he began to lose sight of what he intended in the first place. Realizing that he was no better than the people he was killing, he simply decided to embrace what he was. He and his drones took refuge in several warehouses, converting them into his personal base. He then rented the drones to various criminal elements in the city, not caring if they were killed. After all, he could make more. By 17, he had made a lot of money from this. He now spends his time watching TV, playing video games and making new models of drone. He can often do any two of these things at the same time, depending on the game or drone.

Last edited by Vulkan on Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CoolMusette

CoolMusette

Location : On fire. Ninjas can't catch you when you're on fire...

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 3:13 am

Is this still open to join?
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 3:13 am

Sure is.
Back to top Go down
CoolMusette

CoolMusette

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 3:16 am

Name: Cameron Periwinkle

Appearance/ typical apparel:  Cameron is 6’3” and 160lbs, but is very strong for how skinny he is. He wears an old-fashioned suit with tails and a leather glove on his right hand to cover bad scarring from a childhood accident that never healed right. On his arms, there are numerous scars, running up and down the length of his forearm.

Weapons/unusual equipment/gear: Under his jacket, he has a shoulder holster with a Colt Peacemaker for when he needs a gun.

Skills:  Versed in basic hand to hand combat, as well as greater training in swords and blades.

Magical Ability:  The ability to harden and reshape/grow bones and bone-like structures from his skeleton, however, these cannot detach from him without being broken. Example, Charles creates a bone ridge coming out of his forearm and curving over his hand, giving him a blade he can use to attack with. While he can use this to create shield-like structures to protect him from most any angle, his skin still needs to heal afterward, but doesn’t bleed freely while in use. He can also use this ability to change his skeletal structure to make him look like a different person, and minor height differences. A little like the character from Naruto.

Weakness(es): Must still heal himself from the use of his external bones.

History:  When Charles was 6, he tried to grab a hot iron, which burned his right hand almost beyond repair, so he doesn’t have fine motor ability with it, but he can still use a gun, and write.

Last edited by CoolMusette on Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 3:17 am

That didn't take long. Give me a sec. to read it over.

You're good. I'll link put a link in the intro the next time I'm at mu\y PC.
Back to top Go down
CoolMusette

CoolMusette

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 3:20 am

Cool, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lord Coake

Lord Coake

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 2:51 pm

If this is still open, I've got a bio:

Name: Aleksandr Zaytsev

Appearance/ typical apparel: Aleksandr is around 5' 11" in height, with a weight of about 183 pounds. He's got a well-built body, showing good athleticism. His hair is a dark brown, and very unruly. He's got a short, rugged-looking beard as well. His eyes bare a notable feature, in that his left eye has a scar running down it, and an eye patch covering it, meaning he is completely blind in that eye. His face, very clearly of Slavic descent, is marred with other smaller scars as well. He wears common street clothing for the most part, t-shirts, jeans, etc. However, he almost always wears black combat boots, and no matter the weather he is always found wearing a Russian military jacket, unbuttoned, and with the sleeves rolled up in warmer weather.

Weapons/unusual equipment/gear: Aleksandr is armed with an extremely old, Russian-model, Scoped Mosin-Nagant M91/30, rechambered to use more common ammunition, and a variety of special ammo types various monsters and creatures are weak to. Despite not being very skilled with anything besides his rifle, he carries a .45 caliber handgun, around 10-20 throwing knives, and a combat knife that can double as a bayonet. The scope on his rifle is unique in that its zoom reaches far longer than a normal rifle scope, reaching distances up to 3-4 miles away. This increased range helps adapt firing to Aleksandr's magical ability to increase travel distance on projectiles.

skills: Aleksandr is an extremely skilled marksman, even without his magical ability. He can pull off shots from up to a mile-and-a-half away unenhanced, and up to 5000 yards with his pistol. He's also somewhat skilled in knife-throwing, capable of reaching around 200 yards with one throw. He is also a trained smith, making knives, bullets, swords, and many other weapons from special alchemical metals used to combat monsters, such as silver. Aleksandr is a trained free-climber, capable of scaling tall structures and terrain by hand with ease. Although it has little relative use, Aleksandr is a veteran drinker, capable of holding down much more alcohol than most others, while resisting the intoxicating effects.

magical ability: Aleksandr has the ability to enchant objects with extremely increased projectile range when flying loose through the air. The object also becomes less susceptible to air resistance, gravitational drop, and other factors effecting range. Any object can be enchanted, but those meant to fly through the air receive a bigger benefit.

Weakness(es): Close quarters melee combat, and social situations. He also speaks somewhat broken english, making him hard to understand for many people.

History: Aleksandr was born in Russia, and lived there to the age of 8. He is a descendant of the great Vasily Zaytsev from World War II, and took up rifle marksmanship much like him. Aleksandr was forced to leave Russia with his mother and uncle, after his father was accused of rebellious tendencies, and executed. He and his family found contact with a distant relative in the US, who happened to be part of one of the families of the Coven. This relative saw Aleksandr's latent magical abilities, and began training him for induction into the Coven. After coming of age, he was inducted into the Coven as a support-sniper, and alchemical weaponsmith. He's served diligently for many a year since, honored to be part of the defense of humanity.

Last edited by Lord Coake on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 8:18 pm

All bios have been approved and linked to. Coke a Cools shall be paired together.
Back to top Go down
Lord Coake

Lord Coake

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 8:32 am

Any ideas on where we should begin, then?
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 8:35 am

I would just post pretending you were at the meeting and go from there. Either starting right at the mansion or somewhere nearby talking about your assignment or something.
Back to top Go down
CoolMusette

CoolMusette

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 1:41 pm

A ranged DPS paired with a melee DPS, sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Copacetic

Copacetic

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 8:14 pm

Wouldn't happen to be room for one more here would there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

This City Never Sleeps at Night
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next