The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This City Never Sleeps at Night

Go down 
+10
Vulkan
brennie42
Copacetic
Lord Coake
CoolMusette
Kinzville
Green-Eyed Demon
Lununguis
Aurauris
AkaiJose
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

This  City Never Sleeps at Night Empty
PostSubject: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 6:55 pm

Plot/introduction: The year is 2015. The planet is Earth, the same Earth you know and love, but how well do you really know it? It is said that every myth has a bit of truth buried in it, some more so than others. Unbeknownst to the general public many of the tales told to scare small children stem from a dark reality. Goblins, ghouls, ghosts, and demons all exist, alongside other fantastic  monstrosities that like to go bump in the night.  Most are fortunate enough to live in blissful ignorance, they completely unaware of those who commit violence on their behalf.
The evils of this dark world have been suppressed to the point of being considered folklore by most through the combined effort of a secret organization called the Coven. The Coven got its start in the middle of the sixth century from a group of individuals who discovered that they possessed special powers. As time passed and the organization grew in size and influence it was discovered that these powers were genetic, but the powers would remain dormant, for generations even, except with special training or under certain circumstances. This lead to the Coven being composed almost entirely of members of a few great families although apprentices would occasionally be brought in from the outside world.
In this RP you will take the role of one of the members of the Coven. Some quick notes before we begin.

1) The Coven is a secret organization, only known about by the witches that fill their ranks, descendents of members destined to take up the mantle, and the head of the primary financial backer of the Coven.
2) Most, but not all members of the Coven are independently wealthy, particularly those whose family have a long standing history with the Coven. This allows them to dedicate more of their times and resources to hunting.
3) The vast majority of witches are trained from an early age by their parents or other relatives. Few individuals born outside of the Coven posses the aptitude for magic, and only a small fraction of those individuals discover their abilities without outside intervention.
4) Witches of the Coven are classified based on the primary application of their magical talent.
a) Templars: geared towards combat
b) Clerics: geared towards support (such as healing or memory deletion)
c) Oracles: geared towards gathering information, the rarest and most valued group.
5)With exception of Oracles witches have one magical gift (In addition to their unique gift all oracles have the ability to detect magical potential in others). This power is activated during an event call the awakening. The awakening usually happens at the culmination of a Witch's training through a ritual similar to the Native American vision quest. It can also occur earlier during times of extreme duress. In addition to their magical gift they have a high spiritual awareness and are able to see supernatural creatures clearly and even sense the presence of those nearby (like that feeling you get where someone is watching you). This ability is universal to all humans but most lose it with age and cynicism.

Rules:

1) Follow all general forum rules and R-rated RP rules
2)Host's word is law
3) I reserve the right to kill anyone and everyone  if they do something blatantly stupid to put their life in danger. Any character whose life is inadvertently put in danger by another player will most likely be spared.
Disclaimer: I am actually far less likely to kill off a PC than I let on.
4) No more two characters per player without prior permission. Players are free to create NPCs within reason, ask for clarification between the two if you are unsure.

Bio Template:
Code:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance/ typical apparel:[/b]
[b]Weapons/unusual equipment/gear:[/b]
[b]skills:[/b] (any non magical talents or traits unique to your character, all Witches who have had formal training are versed in basic hand to hand combat as well as conventional arms)
[b]magical ability:[/b] (notice the singular form)
[b]Weakness(es)[/b]: (optional but preferred)
[b]History: [/b](optional.)

Sample Bio
Quote :
Name:Charles Tarwell

Appearance/ typical apparel: Charles has an intimidating stature. He stands six feet seven inches tall, and weighs two hundred forty pounds with some visible ab definition. His shoulders are exceptionally broad, a feature accentuated by the padding in his suit jacket. He dresses formally for most occasions, typically wearing a suit and vest combination with a preference for brown tweed. He keeps a silver watch in his left pocket. The back of the watch has his family insignia, the head of a ram carved into it. He has dark brown hair worn in a tapered crew cut. His eyes are a calming blue grey mix like the clouds before a gentle spring rain. He generally bears a complacent smile, even when being scolded and belittled  by others. His expression only changes in serious physical confrontations. He has four scars, a short thin line that divides his right eyebrow in two, a large round spot in the center of his left palm, an identical one to that on the center of his torso, and an oblong scar between the knuckles of his index and ring fingers on his left hand. All of these scars are old and faded having been received during his childhood. His is voice is soft and warm, inconsistent with his physique.

Weapons/unusual equipment/gear:Charles favors close range weapons to firearms, to a point where he rarely carries the standard issue service pistol much less a rifle or shotgun. He does however carry a set of brass knuckles (bit of a misnomer since they are made of silver), a set of knives one concealed on his belt and another strapped to his leg, escrima sticks kept in his inside jacket pockets, and concealed spring activated blades inside his shoes. He  is also prone to carrying a larger bludgeoning weapon such as a bat or crowbar.

skills: Charles's close range combat skills far exceed the average witch. He competes as a mixed martial artist (largely as a cover for his injuries), and highly trained in both conventional and improvised melee weapons. This makes him one of the few witches physically capable of going toe to toe with most supernatural creatures.

magical ability: Charles has the power of resolve. His physical abilities increase in proportion to his willpower or desire. This is a large contributing factor in his ability to fight close up against much larger creatures with supernatural strength and survive.

Weakness(es): He does not use fire arms or have a long distance magic based attack. This forces him to get into harm's way more often than most. The nature of his power means that his abilities often fluctuate, this is compounded by a lack of awareness of his abilities. Being a melee fighter he has a lower potential damage output than more offensively oriented witches. He is brave to the point of recklessness, often throwing his own safety to the side when thinking of others.

Approved Characters
Charles Tarwell (Drummy) *see above*
Celeste Tarwell (AkaiJose)
Judith Sidos Heurassein (Noelbles)
Isaac Tully (Riprose)
Thaddeus Similaeus Rex (Lununguis)
Teresa Del Carmen Marquez (Drummy)
Aya Stroud (Noelbles)
YSR-II (Aurauris)
Elliot "Kuruk" Freeman (Riprose)
William Yoshen (Vulkan)
Galadriel Natasha and Nico Grant Draver (Mist)
Crow (Green-Eyed Demon)
Dander Haren (Jimenty Cricket)
Jessie Untone (Jimenty Cricket)
Cameron Periwinkle (CoolMusette)
Aleksandr Zaytsev (Lord Coake)
Timothy Chanter (brennie42)
Maxton Vaugh (Copacetic)

Last edited by Drummy on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:07 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
AkaiJose

AkaiJose

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 12:47 am

Name: Celeste Tarwell

Appearance/ typical apparel: Celeste is five feet eight inches in height with an average weight. She is toned from her training, but it isn’t very noticeable at first sight. She is long-legged with a rather small bust size. She has pale skin like her brother and similar stormy gray eyes, but that is where the similarities end. She still has a youthful face, with rosy cheeks and big eyes. Her nose is pierced at the side, often adorned with a stud or ring. Her ears also contain many piercings which hardly go empty. One cannot tell that she has a lighter shade of brown hair, as it has been dyed in a multicolor, pastel fashion. This hair is slightly wavy and reaches the middle of her back, but the top of her head is often covered by a black beanie. On her left arm and right ankle, she has two watercolor tattoos that she likes to show off. As for clothing, she will wear comfortable clothing and rejects anything formal or dressy or girly. She isn’t one for looking cute at all. She will usually be seen in a hoodie and shorts, with combat boots to match.
References:

Weapons/unusual equipment/gear: She tends to carry around a glock, using her dark energy as bullets. She doesn’t prefer close range, but she will use a dagger if need be, which she carries in a sheath on her belt.

skills: She is a skilled marksman, one of the best in the Coven. She also is very perceptive, more so than the average witch. Meaning, not only can she sense the presence of a powerful being, but she can also figure out the type of creature it is after a few moments of concentration. Other than these skills, she is capable of high class cooking and cleaning.

magical ability: Dark energy attacks. After absorbing the energy emitted by creatures upon death, Celeste stores the energy and uses it in bursts when fighting. A little bit of it can go a long way; it tends to have an explosive edge to it, leaving a dark haze for a few seconds after the explosion.

Weakness(es): Once out of dark energy, she cannot perform any attacks in battle. This may be difficult to deal with, since it’s hard for her to tell when she is running out. She also is very cautious when people she cares for are in trouble. She will sacrifice anything to save them, even when she doesn’t need to.

History: Just look onto her brother’s.
Back to top Go down
NoelBles

NoelBles

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 3:15 am

I saw this, and I can't help but try and throw something down. It looks very interesting.  You'll have to excuse mistakes I made, as I'm slightly rusy on making characters, and just Role-playing in general.

Name: Judith Sidos Heurassein

Appearance/ typical apparel: Judith isn't the kind to make herself stand out, standing at five foot six, and hiding her body under her clothing. Those that see Judith wihtout this see that she has a slightly toned and athletic body, despite her somewhat pale skin making her look sickly at times, her skin adorned with a few scars on her midsecton and a scar over her right eye. Her skin looks extremely pale when paired with her mid-back length hair, which has a black color to them, but with a slight brown shine. Her eyes are a green and blue hue. Judith usually wears 'casual' clothing if needed, but only if it lets her easily disappear from people in groups. Choosing to wear a red short sleeved T-shirt, a black hoodie with a purple skull on the back of it with a pair of black fingerless gloves. With this she wears a pair of Three-quarter length shorts an a pair of converse all stars. (Limited Edition Goriilaz ones). She also wears a small broken pendant that she refers to as "The Broken Wings", no-one has yet to know the meaning behind this.
Judith rarely speaks, having taken an oath of some kind before joining. The few times she has spoken, her voice seemed extremely quiet, almost as if it was strained just speaking normally.

Weapons/unusual equipment/gear: Judith opts to stick to her family traditions, wielding a sword that was given to her, a Jian sword, along with this, she carries a twin-blade, that she is highly protective of.

skills: Judith prides herself on both her form in combat, and her ability to almost look as if she was performing a dance when she fights. Judith has high stamina and reflexes as a result of her training and weapon choices. If a battle has to be fought at range, Judith relies on a M9 pistol, her marksmanship is standard, but she'd rather use her twinblade or Jian.

magical ability: Judith can increase her speed to an almost blinding state, her metabolism also speeds up, making this a very dangerous state, but few can keep up. Should Judith remain with it too long, she will burn herself out and pass out, with the potential of killing herself if she pushes herself.

Weakness(es): Judith is silent to a fault, almost never communitcating her wounds to her friends, or even team-mates, making her somewhat unreliable. She also suffers from depression and regrets from her past, if she is reminded of these, she'll usually freeze up as she fights an internal struggle.

History: Judith is young, but she has a lot of troubles in her mind, having been forced to grow up quickly, Judith has watched a lot of things come and go. Her parents training her as best they could as she was growing up, but there was one moment in her past, that Judith never forgets, and will always keep in her mind. The death of her older sister, Judith is extremely defensive about her deceased sister, and will almost always break her silence if someone says something to 'insult' her sister. She has revealed that her sister was called Mio, and that she was killed in some strange string of events, Judith has always felt responsible and blames herself. This event soon infected the rest of her life, even her combat training, as Judith's mind would wonder, and she'd break down. She tries her best to fight this, but given her current employ, she doesn't have much time to work on fighting it off, causing her to be somewhat unpredictable, given her 'attacks' can strike anytime.

_____
I made this low on sleep, and as a trial to see if my English skills hadn't left me, if there's anything wrong with it, just inform me, and I'll change it as soon as I can. I realize it's not the best, but i've not had the chance to write something like this for a while.

Edit 1: Added in a small detial I forgot.

Last edited by NoelBles on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 3:42 am

Your bio is just perfect Noel.
Back to top Go down
Riprose
Regular Cowboy
Regular Cowboy
Riprose

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 9:44 am

So we can be oracles? >.> Also, I think it's weird that you don't have a "Classification" part of your bio, sice you bothered putting them in the OOC.

Probs joining, but I'm busy, so there's that.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 12:48 pm

I more or less just threw that out there to give people ideas of what types of powers they could have, and yes.
Back to top Go down
Aurauris

Aurauris

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 3:18 pm

A few questions, dear Master Host!

Is there any sort of central Coven authorities / government, propped up by interfamily treaties or such? Are we the Coven more or less united with one another against demonic forces, or is it rather free-for-all / whatever-benefits-myself-and-my-benefactors?

What kind of organization / motivation do the Coven's antitheses possess?
Back to top Go down
http://aurauris.deviantart.com
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 3:27 pm

Oh that's a good question. Before I had envisioned it as a unified organization split into a hierarchy, kind of like the way the government works, but I kind of like the idea of different sects competing. Maybe it could be a bit of both. There are some internal disputes of course, but now I'm contemplating the extent.

You mean the monsters and other things they are fighting? I was planning for the most part of it to be a simple kill all humans or eat to survive kind of thing, with most creatures having more or less primitive to animal like minds with few exceptions (vampires, ghosts, etc), but then later on starting to display greater intelligence and unity which kind of throws us into a state of alarm.

Are those answers sufficient for now? If needed and can focus on developing a clear cut answer to the first one.

I am kind of making things up as I go. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
NoelBles

NoelBles

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 3:55 pm

Making things up as you go is the best way to host a role-play, trying to have it all set out from the very start will usually back fire as people put their own influences in.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 4:12 pm

I'm talking Calvinball levels of making things up.
Back to top Go down
Riprose
Regular Cowboy
Regular Cowboy
Riprose

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 10:21 pm

Name: Isaac Tully
Appearance/ typical apparel: Isaac stands at a mere 6' 0", average height for a male of his age, and weighs an unhealthy 170 pounds. His skin is pulled taught against his ribs, giving him a look of malnourishment, until one moves to his abdomen, where taught muscles, lay underneath tanned skin, well worked from the training required of him, even if he rarely sees combat when compared to the other members of his family. Although he is underweight, he is far from sickly, his body made up of compact bone, and tight, rippling muscle. Isaac is lithe and flexible, able to contort his body in ways that would make most sick. His face is quite handsome, with a slanted nose, a strong chin, and feral, clever eyes, with sharp green irises, resembling that of the feral cats that stalk the wild jungles of the world. His face is always alight with what seems to be a confident, easy-to-like, charming smile, as if the whole world is his own, private joke. He is clean shaven at all times, his face perpetually smooth by years of practiced ease with a straight razor. His body is smooth, untouched by scars. His torso and arms are covered in black ink tattoos, text of various languages flowing and intermingling, whether they be quotes from great thinkers, messages left by past lovers, or the names of fallen or forgotten friends and comrades.

In public, Isaac usually wears suits, complete with coat, and most times, a vest. His ties vary from solid colors to flaring colors, but there is not a single outfit he wears that clashes. He will often times substitute the suit coat for a trench coat, or if he is feeling really adventurous, a black leather duster. He wears a pair of leather dress shoes, specially designed to allow him to run and jump comfortably, as if he were wearing the best athletic shoes on the market. He finishes most every ensemble with a fedora, or other dressy hat, all of varying colors, ranging from light blue to black.
Weapons/unusual equipment/gear: His most prominent weapon is a Smith & Wesson Model 29, given to him by his father. The revolver shoots a variety of ammo, and is always loaded with six different types of bullets, each designed specifically depending on the creature he is fighting. (Of course, the bullets do plenty of damage on their own, but some do more to certain creatures.) He also holds two butterfly knives on his person, both of which he is very skilled with, one made out of silver, the other out of cold iron. A few pieces of notable equipment are a silver cross he wears around his neck on a leather chord, and two rings on his right hand, one on his ring finger, the other on his pointer, both made out of bone, and scratched with writing all the way around.
skills: Isaac was heralded as a child prodigy in the field of psychology(Which he holds a doctorate in). He can read someone just from looking at them, and uses his knowledge to rip apart his enemies mentality, and make himself very well liked. He is also naturally charming, and is a shameless flirt, though his true affections belong only to the fairer sex. He is also flexible, years of practice as a gymnast and acrobat. He has the ability to sew, both tattered clothes and wounds. Isaac posses the equivalent fire arms training of a private in the US military, and is fairly deadly with his knives, though he would never be able to stand toe to toe with many of the monsters he has seen others fell. Combat is not his strong suit. Lastly, Isaac is very dexterous, being able to prefrom many a trick with his gun and knife, all from many a night practicing with his hands.
magical ability: Besides being able to sense the magical potential in others(he is an Oracle, after all), he posses the ability to know the history, as well as other miscellaneous information about an object or person through physical contact. He can gather basic information from people just be touching a clothed part of their body, though he can learn of things much more quickly, and in depth, the more intimate the touch is. He uses this ability quite often, and has quite the reputation of womanizing. As far as inanimate objects is concerned, the amount of information he gains depends on how much time he is given, and how intact the object is. He will be able to collect much more information from a brand new vase than the scattered pieces of an antique.
Weakness(es): Combat. Isaac is by no means the strongest fighter. He uses his wits and charms to stay out of fights if he can, but most times, he leaves the fighting to those actually proficient in doing so.
History: Will be revealed IC. (Haven't quite figured it out yet. >.>)

Last edited by Riprose on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lununguis

Lununguis

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 9:43 pm

Name: Thaddeus Similaeus Rex

Appearance/Typical Apparel: Thaddeus has deep green eyes and black hair of medium length. He also sports a short boxed beard. When performing his typical work, he wears a black suit, and under that a black vest, wine red shirt, and black tie. A pair of ordinary black dress shoes adorn his feet. Some other favored accessories of his are a black derby hat (With a red band around it) and an eyepiece that can be strapped on and used not only as a fashion statement, but also as an infrared and night vision goggle.

He stands at 5'10, being of modest height and build. Though he lacks the time and energy to grant his "glamour muscles" some proper attention, he is fairly strong in spite of that and very athletic, boasting a lean and healthy body even in his declining age. Such is required of one who walks the shadows and is trained to fight even the metahuman witches of the Coven.
Weapons/Unusual Equipment/Gear: Combat knives, smoke grenades, pepper spray, piano wire, and an M16 (For last resorts).
Skills: Practitioner of small-circle jiujitsu. He is also proficient with all manner of firearms, though he feels most comfortable with his combat knives and his bare hands in a fight. As an assassin, he also knows a few tricks of the trade: lockpicking, pickpocketing, and sleight of hand.
Magical Ability: Oracle. As a failed test subject, Thaddeus' creators succeeded in bestowing him with the capacity to detect magic in all of its forms -- even in the slightest of traces, picking up on them like an arcane bloodhound -- but is incapable of wielding magic himself.
Weaknesses: No well defined physical weaknesses. He was trained to eliminate witches as cleanly and efficiently as possible but is not capable of averting a magical attack on his own. The eye-piece he wears can also have its thermal vision fooled a la Predator.
History: A sect of the Coven that engaged in covert operations to produce artificial witches had created TSR Mk I -- otherwise known as Thaddeus. Though he showed no capability for wielding magic, it became clear from an early age that he was born with the ability to sense it. Not ones to waste valuable resources, those responsible took the child under their wing to groom him as their Black Hand -- a heartless assassin to use as leverage against unfavored members of their organization. In order to accomplish this, the Coven sect's scientists instructed Thaddeus from a young age that he was the sole survivor of a Coven purge that ended with his family slaughtered. For nearly three decades, he operated under the delusion that his every kill was an act of vengeance on the people who condemned him to an empty and loveless life. At over forty years of age, TSR Mk I will soon learn the truth behind his "benevolent" captors and decide for himself where his true destiny lies.

Last edited by Lununguis on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 12:39 am

NPC that will be acting as our group leader

Quote :
Name: Teresa Del Carmen Marquez

Appearance/ typical apparel: The years have not been kind Teresa. Her old age accented by the rarity of people making it to her age in her line of work. Her hair is dry and brittle, starting to thin, and despite her best efforts to hide it, gray at the roots. She keeps her hair cut just belong shoulder length knowing that it splits too easily if allowed to grow any longer. Her skill is starting to go pale with age and ugly red blotches have formed on her cheeks and knuckles which conceal the spatter of freckles that used to decorate her face. Her eyes are a dark chestnut brown. They had always been filled with rage but over the years a look of tiredness has begun to seep in. Despite her age she has managed to keep herself fit. She stands a dainty five foot even and weighs 110 pounds with small but firm muscles. Her dedication to fitness has helped keep her wrinkles in check but has failed to eliminate them completely, especially on her face and around her joints.

Teresa does not dress like one would expect of someone from her position. Her clothing choice is more reflective of her poor upbringing. She wears simple dresses and blouses that are older than many of the people who work for her. She often wears a quechquémitl and a rebozo as well. She tends to prefer earth tones.

Weapons/unusual equipment/gear: She carries a concealed short model Zaragoza Corla.

skills: She is exceptionally skilled in both firearm use and unarmed combat. She attributes her abilities having experienced one of the roughest and bloodies patches of the Coven's recent history when even oracles were regularly forced into combat. While her accuracy is impressive what truly makes her dangerous at range is her speed, as she is able to empty her magazine in less time than it would take most to line up their first shot. In close combat she employs an ancient fighting style developed by witches that she is the last known practitioner of. This technique is similar to the concept of pressure points in modern martial arts. With a single well placed strike she is able to restrict magic flow or even kill with a tap. Of course her most valuable asset is not direct combat but the sheer knowledge and intuition that comes from sixty years of experience. She is widely heralded as the most skilled tactician in the country.

magical ability: Teresa is a death seer. Whenever someone dies in the city she receives a vision of up to thirty seconds before and after the time of death. During this time she is able to see and hear the surroundings, of and read the thoughts of the dying. This once to be traumatic and painful, but no longer phases her the slightest bit. She has also seen her own death. She claims that she knows exactly when and how she will die. She refuses to comment on whether or not she can preemptively view the death of those she meets.

Weakness(es): She is getting old. Her bones are becoming brittle, her muscles are getting slower and weaker, and she has far less stamina than she possessed in her youth. Her magic abilities are only good for gathering information forcing her to rely solely on skill and physical prowess in combat.

History: Teresa's earliest memory is running from a Chupacabra across the hills of Mexico. Her second memory was of her grandfather being devoured by the same beast. Somehow she and her family escaped with their lives. After that day Teresa became a fearless child filled with rage. By the age of eight she had stolen her first gun off a cartel member and began prowling for supernatural creatures at night. Months later she found and killed one. Her success caught the attention of a local sect of witches. Her time with the coven eventually lead her away from her family. All of whom died during her absence from Mexico. Losing all ties to home allowed her to advanced her career further. She tossed aside everything else and became indulged in her work, traveling all over the world working at the highest positions of the Coven. Eventually her heart began to heal and she fell in love. Met a boy, settled down and semi-retired to a local sect of the Covenant. Unfortunately all her children were witches as well, and the life expectancy for a which is not a long one. All of her friends and family are dead. She currently leads a small sect responsible for the west part of the city. It is unclear why she has not returned to a higher leveled post in the Covenant.
Back to top Go down
Lununguis

Lununguis

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 4:28 am

Uh-oh. She might spell trouble for ol' Thaddy up there. A person capable of seeing just about anyone's death is probably one of the worst things an undercover assassin can meet. *Spits* Magic!

Oh well. I can't wait to see how this will go down. :)

Edit: If you don't mind, I added some new stuff and extra detail to my bio. Thaddeus just worked his glutes and was dying for everyone to know.

Last edited by Lununguis on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 4:30 am

For the record I had this idea for quite a while. I may contact you about your role. Right now I"m waiting on Aura to she how she'll fit into all this.

Back to top Go down
Lununguis

Lununguis

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 4:32 am

It's all good! If you've got any questions or conflicts, just hit me up. :)
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 4:34 am

Can you maybe give me a sneak peek of Aura's bio? She said it's almost finished....
Back to top Go down
NoelBles

NoelBles

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 5:59 pm

As per discussed, Here's the second character. It's a little plain, but I was using an old character as a template for this, and I had almost no information at all to work with. So, please excuse the lack of detail at first. I plan to make up for it.

Name: Aya Stroud
Appearance/ typical apparel: Aya is a somewhat plain individual, standing at Five foot nine, and having a very slim and toned body build. She has grey eyes, with blonde hair tied up in a pony-tail. Aya is proud of her past, and carries this with her by wearing her old Military camo's, making her somewhat stand out, but she doesn't mind.

Weapons/unusual equipment/gear: Aya uses her old Sniper rifle, A Sako TRG with a Zeiss Telescopic sight. While she doesn't like getting herself into situations where she has to fight in close combat, she wields a combat knife.

Skills: Aya is an extremely skilled Sniper, making her an exceptional shot from long distance. Being in the military, she can offer valuable strategic insight on different things, almost always being happy to share her thoughts on various approaches.
Magical ability: Aya can channel her magical power into a single shot, While this does drain her, it works almost like an Anti-material shot but with an explosive on impact.
Weakness(es): Aya lacks a solid Close combat option, and her fighting abilities with a Knife are sub-par at best.

History: (Will come at a later time.)
Back to top Go down
Aurauris

Aurauris

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 11:06 pm

Name: YSR-II (Yount Sans-Recours, second model); “Esri”.
Appearance, Typical Apparel:
— Pale of skin from life in lab, golden glow of veins beneath
— Eyes likewise glow, irises channeling plasma (unalterable)
— Cherrywood hair, grown long and oft gathered in a braid or bun
— Very simple draping, light-colored dresses, barefoot
Weapons, Unusual Equipment, Gear: None.

Skills:
Basic first-aid and medical training / diagnositcs. Esri also possesses a very sharp memory, especially in detail retention, and is fervently fond of gardening.

Magical Ability:
YSR-II’s circulatory system flows with pure plasma, rather than blood; in an equilibrious state, her body temperature rests at 47°C (117°F) and subdermal veins glow a soft gold through her skin. Both form and energy levels of said plasma are consciously manipulable by YSR-II, but the latter will also fluctuate reflexively with flares of emotion. Esri’s body is inherently adapted to endure such extremities of temperature, although with extended exertion comes heightened danger to her well-being. Surging plasma also offers YSR-II a stunningly effective — if not conspicuous — defense system: if an attempt at appropriation is made upon her person, she can simply elevate her body temperature to a level of atmospherical searing and potential blindness, due to the resulting flash.
Plasma manipulation suits YSR-II as an ideal Cleric, able to arc ambient plasma from her hands to sterilize and reknit open wounds through induced tissue regeneration. She is also capable of pulling the plasma current outside her body, acting in smaller quantities much like a plasma torch to cut away obstructions from or around wounds. YSR-II may also emit a gentle electric current via touch to aid as a local anesthesia.

Weaknesses:
— Dangerous if temperature too low too long; safe to keep at “normal” human level (to hide glow) but cold to YSR-II
— Too high too long, danger of “burn out”
— Sensitive to magnetic and electric fields; can hold, touch, but discomfort proportional to nearness and strength of the magnet
— Prefers less electronic-saturated areas, more rural / nature

History:
— Genetically engineered from Yount coven-family (or European equivalent) DNA in Lyon, France
— Scientists attempt to craft birth-apparent witch abilities, skip vision-quest requirement
— Esri second success, but not quite aggression or combatitativeness scientists seeking
— Utilized as a Cleric to heal members of Yount family and Thaddeus when wounded from his assignments
— Lives entire life in lab, never exposed to real world or taught of outside
— Never treated any more than as a utility for healing, conditioned to not percieve self or self-wants, thus very androidesque in behavior: complacent, calm, polite, helpful
— Thaddeus eventually begins to break Esri out of impersonal state, but both still under Yount thumb
Back to top Go down
http://aurauris.deviantart.com
Riprose
Regular Cowboy
Regular Cowboy
Riprose

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 11:28 pm

Name: Elliot "Kuruk" Freeman
Appearance/ typical apparel: Merely knowing the meaning of Kuruk's name tells you all you need to picture him perfectly. He towers above most men of the era, standing at 6' 7", with large, burly arms, and broad, strong shoulders. His eyes are sunken into his skull, and are colored a dark brown, appearing black to those who don't look closer. His skin is a dark bronze color, cracked and baked from long hours under the hot, canadian summer sun. If you would shake his hands, you would discover they were strong and calloused from a self made life and hard work. Perhaps the only thing about him not bear-like in the slightest is the fact that he lacks a full coat of furr, though he does possess a bear like layer of fat that masks the powerful muscles underneath. He does have hair, though, it's dark blackness growing to the small of his back. He wears his hair in a braid, with a colorful assortment of beads and different sorts of feathers weaved in.

His clothes are fairly common for his line of work. He wears a simple cotton, long sleeved white shirt, with pockets on each breast. He owns a pair of riveted denim jeans, which he bought from a small town's general store. His boots are made of leather, and are your average, run of the mill cowboy boots. He wears a poncho on top of everything, made of wool and treated to be completely waterproof, and dyed to be black as night. He wears a belt around his waist, with two holsters for his pistols, a loop for his tomahawk, and a sheathe for his knife. He completes the ensemble with a Stetson calvary hat, colored black to match his poncho.
Weapons/unusual equipment/gear: Kuruk carries an assortment of equipment, not all of it weaponry. For weapons, he carries two Colt Single Action Army revolvers, which he refers to as the "Peacemakers," a twelve gauge, double barreled Remington shotgun, a Bowie knife, and lastly, a tomahawk. His tomahawk's handle is made of steel, with a slightly heavier than usual head. The head is standardly shaped, with a hammer on the opposite side. His guns are all factory standard, stamps and all. He carries a stachel and a backpack, in which he carries miscellaneous equipment, like a length of rope, rations, a sewing kit, a first aid kit, a cookbook, his personal journal, an encyclopedia he's been compiling of magical creatures native to the Americas, etc, as well as a bountiful mixture of specially made shotgun shells and .44-40 winchester rounds for his handguns. A few pieces of odd clothing he posses is a small figurine hanging about his neck, carved in the likeness of a bear, and a pocket watch made of solid silver.
skills: After many years on a horse, first as an apache, and then later as a cowboy, Kuruk is an expert rider. He is deadly with his firearms, and quite adept with his tomahawk and bowie knife, especially after the extensive training his coven has provided him. He is able to read and write, in english, spanish, french, and the cherokee written dialect. He knows a wide variety of knots, and can lasso anything with legs, to a certain extent. He is handy with a cook fire, and has been praised more than once on his cooking. He sews most of his own clothes, and is profiecient with a needle and thread. He has a near super natural ability when it comes to tracking animals, whether it be a man or a small field mouse. This ability makes him invaluable when tracking down magical creatures. He speaks english fluently, as well as a smattering of native american dialects, and is passable in canadian french and spanish. , Lastly, Kuruk was forced to have his skull surgically reconstructed to resemble that of  a bear's, which means that bullets usually will not penetrate his head, or bounce off completely, though a shot through his eye or ear will still kill him, and some calibers are strong enough to pierce even his thick skull.
magical ability: Kuruk can change his form. His monstrous form is much similar to those of the werewolves he specializes in hunting, though, unlike the wolves, Kuruk's form is burlier and stronger, but much less quick than the wolf's, his head resembling that of a large grizzly bear, native to his home forests. He grows to well over eight feet in this form, his arms, torso, and legs tripling in size, and his head growing the maw of a bear. Dark brown hair sprouts all over his body, and any clothing he was wearing is essentially destroyed by his rapidly growing body. In this form, he is overcome with an extreme bloodlust. He loses all reason, and is only concerned with finding, killing, and devouring what meat he can before he subsides. How long Kuruk lasts in this form depends. He can revert back to normal after an hour if he doesn't feed, but this time decreases each time he makes a kill and eats. Also, he will revert faster if he is wounded, either before, after, or during the transformation. If he were to be killed, he would revert back to a his dead, human corpse.
Weakness(es): Kuruk doesn't work well with white people. He is fairly racist to them, and most people in general. He has been sold as a slave multiple times, though the correct term is "Indentured Servant," and as this is the means that he ended up at this coven, he owes very little allegiance to anyone here. He is very belligerent and stubborn, and often times will go long periods of time without speaking to anyone. He is used to working alone, and is not good with working in a team. The mere thought of group strategy confuses and astounds him.
History: (WIP)

Last edited by Riprose on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 3:29 am

Alright, time for me to shake the dust off and take a crack at starting this thing. I feel like I got sloppy towards the end. I may do some revisions if no one replies by time I wake up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 3:38 am

We'll need to delve into this a little bit before I can approve the character. I overlooked some things before and I see you buffed him up a bit since you're last PM.

I have a list of questions concerning the power and the nature of these powers (which were actually developed by my people, you see I am very busy as of late), but before I even get to that I want to address the big issues.

You're basically asking me to write you a blank check with this bio. I recognize this because I do it all the time when I join other people's RPs. There are very few people I trust with a blank check, and sorry I don't know you that well. In case I'm not making sense (it is late after all), with your combined powers you can do basically whatever the hell you want. You can alter your body internally. It's just a hop skip and a jump to get from there to immortality.

The comes his second power. This one requires a bit more creativity, but can still be absolutely devastating if applied properly, especially if you apply the word of the courier loosely or start to get into espionage when Lunlun's bio creates a distinct possibility of super weapons. The limits you placed on the duplication, both the time and number are sufficiently high to be meaningless. That being said I would probably allow either of these with little to no modifications, but I have some serious reservations about possessing both.

More on that point. Others pointed out that while duplication is a pretty standard power (I even used it in the last RP I joined) they way he duplicates things doesn't make sense, particularly the way he crafts things out of his body. The only thing that made sense to me was that he could alter his body's makeup on a subatomic level. That puts him in par with an Omega level mutant, something I'd like to avoid in this RP, especially during the early chapters. One could say, it doesn't need to make sense because magic. But that begs the question, "then why try to explain it all?" It seems to me the answer to that question is as an attempt to link two completely unrelated powers, when I made it clear that witches get one power only.  I had similar concerns with Aura's character but hers seemed related and mild enough to allow (and if anyone wants to challenge that now that I brought attention to it we can make that a separate conversation).

To sum all that up, to get approved you almost certainly need to ditch one ability or the other, and even then it wouldn't hurt to define limitations. To help with that my assistant has provided a list of questions to clarify your abilities in detail. The more of these you answer the better, especially if you are going to try and keep scaled down versions of both powers by tying them together.

1.How long does it take to do a reading? A few seconds, or an hour? And does he have to be in contact with multiple parts of the weapon?

2.How long does it take to make the said duplicated weapon when he needs it? When constructing a weapon with multiple parts, like a gun, does he form each part one by one then assemble it?

3. Is there a drawback to this duplicating ability? As he has to form the weapon or item from the elements found in his own body, would this cause him harm and should not be used willy nilly? Perhaps it causes momentary fatigue and dizziness? And when he's done with the weapon, does it return to his body and he recycles the elements?

4.If the weapon is destroyed, is he able to still recycle it's materials?

5When it comes to storing chemicals, does this cause him pain especially if the chemical is harmful to biological creatures?

6. Say he is injured, is he able to re-absorb the weapon he had created using his own chemical makeup and heal himself?

My assistant also wanted to know if he can duplicate living things. I'm going with a stern no. The only exception would be if your only power is body manipulation, I may allow you to get away with duplicating your limbs, organs, and such, or even make dummy bodies.

This may seem really critical but I am willing to work with you to get you into this RP and retain your creative vision as much as practical.
Back to top Go down
Vulkan
The Adowibbible One
Vulkan

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 3:29 pm

ok...

1. remedied that in the bio

2. Depends on the size. knives and guns can take about 10 seconds, while complex equipment can take several minutes.

3. He only has a specific...say "reservoir" of power needed to create objects. The size of it depends on how his body is holding up (if he has had a good nights rest and food, he could make quite a few things, while if he has been hurt or is in pain, he wont be able to make very much at all)

4. He can reabsorb a weapon, but if he is seperated from one of his objects for longer than a minute, it dissolves and he cannot absorb it again.

5. He creates the chemicals THEN mixes them to make stuff he wants (morphine etc) in the short time (usually a few minutes) before they are fully mixed, he does feel slightly sick.

6. Yes.

and about the living things...heelllll no. I thought i made that fairly clear in my bio. Oh well.

Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 5:58 pm

Duplication if fine I'm still concerned about the degree of control he has over his body.

Quote :
Although he is technically capable of making himself bigger with careful use of his powers

often using his duplication powers to modify his own body internally.

The second is the big offender but the first one sets up the groundwork for some improbable stuff later on down the road too. So I want to get a better feel for what he can and can not do.

None of this stuff

If he can basically just make himself taller by rearranging his bone mass, or hop himself up on drugs and brain chemicals or similar stuff I'll be fine as it all ties together nicely.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:51 pm

Name: Galadriel Natasha Draver and Nico Grant Draver
Appearance/ typical apparel: Both twins have silvery platinum blonde hair and bright pink eyes flecked with some brownish red. Their skin is pale white, as though neither has ever seen  daylight and both have hair reaching down as far as their shoulder blades with Galadriel’s being slightly longer. Both wear their hair in a ponytail with a few braids amongst the loose hair and both will usually wear earrings.  The twins are known for wearing black and white alternatively, though their outfits are otherwise an exact mirror of each other’s save for Galadriel wearing a skirt or miniskirt and Nico wearing shorts or short shorts.  Both will either be wearing rollerblades, ices skates or some other form of skate and will barely if ever actually wear proper shoes.  Galadriel is right handed while  Nico favours his left.
Weapons/unusual equipment/gear: The two carry a pair of once ceremonial short blades with ornate covers which they have sharpened to a deadly edge. Each sibling carries one sword which the will keep in the sheaths on either hip. It is not uncommon for the two to draw the others sword instead of their own.
skills: The twins were home schooled, taught basic lessons along with swordplay. The two will generally fight as mirror images of the other but are easily capable of fighting to complement the other like a machine if necessary. The twins both are versed in medical aid and have a working knowledge of accounting. The twins have their own, private language, which they guard/hoard jealously. Anyone attempting to decipher their language should watch out.
magical ability: The twins both have the ability to astral project a ghostly, invisible presence at will. When one twin is astral projecting, the other will need to breathe for them as the process is essentially entering a temporary death while sending their soul to another location. The projection will usually lower the temperature of a room by a degree and will itself usually be a degree colder than the room but is otherwise completely incapable of interacting on the physical plane and likewise cannot be affected by the physical plane. Their parents have suggested however that the astral projections are fully capable of behaving exactly the same way as ghosts, though neither knows how to do this if it is possible. When astral projecting, the twin can send their projection to a specific location or person, without their other twin breathing for them this can only last a minute or two at a time at best. As oracles, both are capable of sensing magical ability though their willingness to share it with others can waver sporadically.
Weaknesses: The twins are heavily reliant on the presence of their other half, becoming completely unresponsive or dangerously violent when separated physically or mentally (with the exception of astral projection). Neither is capable of functioning without their twin and will not eat, sleep, drink or care for their own hygiene when separated. Furthermore the twins both have violent mood swings, jumping from happy to cold, sadistic anger in a few seconds (sometimes without warning) which often causes other to shy away from them or fear them. This can be bundled with the repulsion some show at their mutual co-dependence.
History: I may add to this as the story goes on and more is revealed about the twins in the story.

Last edited by Mist on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This City Never Sleeps at Night   This  City Never Sleeps at Night Empty

Back to top Go down

This City Never Sleeps at Night
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next