The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Legacy of Conquest

Go down 
+11
Hydrattler
ReiXAsuka
Umbra
Aroro
TheDarknessOfLoyalty
Lord Coake
CoolMusette
brennie42
Einselar
Drummy
Mist
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:08 pm

How hard would it be to acquire Mythril bullets? You can never have too much firepower.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:14 pm

For your character, probably fairly easy. She could likely ask dwarven neighbors to use some of their beards in making bullets for her. There would also be order forms and perhaps some in stock in the school under strict teacher supervision. i would say it is not too difficult but it is generally not all that common.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm

In that case can we assume all my bullets are made of mytrhil?
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:18 pm

Sure. i might have Myr receive a custom forged bow during the rp. it would fit considering his families wealth. It won't be too strong though.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:27 pm

One step closer to becoming a god of destruction. My plans are comming along excellently.
Back to top Go down
Einselar

Einselar

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:31 pm

For purpose of seeing the planes, it is simply the spiritual plane and full sight of those magically hidden on the first plane.

Interaction is not limited to being with the host. Legion can speak to those outside of his host. As far as working with the host, I believe that we will work through PMs and chat to write posts, though the host has full permission to bunny Legion as far as powers go. Legion is mostly the irritating comic relief.
Back to top Go down
CoolMusette

CoolMusette

Location : On fire. Ninjas can't catch you when you're on fire...

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Do magically forged weapons have to get their magic from the host, or can they get their magic from their own source. And how would my aura affect them in your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 11:21 pm

From my understanding the generic weapons with magic added on are fueled by mana, and the fancypants ones provide there own mana but somehow react positively when in the hands of the right person, like maybe the weapon tries harder or something?

I think since you're character is an upperclassmen it would be reasonable for him to craft his own gobbitty goop weapon as part of a project he had in one of his courses.

Also, I think since Ein's character cant' be an actual student for obvious reasons it may be good for him to wait until the first big fight breaks out to jump in. It makes sense since he is attracted to magical conflicts or some other whohaa.
Back to top Go down
Einselar

Einselar

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:46 am

Aye. Makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 7:45 am

Ok, I'm fine with Einz' character.

Drummy is pretty much dead on with the working. For the ones that are forged with magic, they provide their ow mana but need to react with an aura which can achieve a positive or negative effect. They will always react to the wielders aura. Finally I ca't say off the bat how it will be affected by your aura. each weapon reacts to each and every aura differently. With magically forged weapons, the power of the spell can not be increased but only decreased as it uses less mana.

I would suggest that your character do the forging class for the weapon though, you don't seem like you would have all that much money so forging your own weapon will likely get you a better sync than buying a weapon off the market.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:33 pm

Right now we have 4 students. I think one or two more would be good to start, Mist may want to wait a bit longer though.
Back to top Go down
brennie42

brennie42

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:59 pm

Okay... I have magic ammo clips, but the weapon itself isn't magic. How are we gonna treat this?
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:14 pm

Clips are the things that hold the actual bullet right, if that is the case it can very wel be te fored kind. If not then charmed items d retain their enchantment but must be recharged at certain intervals which could even be yearly depending on mana usage.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 2:05 am

Unless he stockpiles them it's not like recharing will be an issue.

I'd like to know a bit about the pantheon, primarily the gods my character is most likely to worship: the big names in Gresgriegoluth, any gods specific to humans or possibly dwarf and cylops neighbors, or the patron gods of war, commerce, or innovation, etc.

Now normally I wouldn't ask questions like the ones below, but you seem to have made everything else imaginable for this world so here it goes.

Does this world have any unique explicitives? I plan on using a lot and Aroro may frown on me finding out how many F-bombs I can realistically drop over the course of an RP. Follw up question (and actually a reasonable normal one), would it make sense for my character to have dwarven as second language, and possibly even cyclopsian? If I know both I'll be pretty poor in one or the other. Speaking of dwarves, you may want to consider an offshoot of dwarves more akin to the ones people normally see in fantasy. Normally dwarves make really good stout warriors but your dwarves are too tiny for that. Something between 4 and 5 feet but broad enough to way as much or close to as much as a normal human would be good. On another similar note I kind of assumed that elves are typically rather lithe so even the freakishly tall ones only weigh about as much as an average human. Although I'd love someone to sign up using your current dwarf race because they sound freaking adorable.

Wow, I got really sidetracked there. Anyway second question I came here to ask. Can you tell me about any special drinks that may exist in your world? I don't mean alchoholic ones. I was thinking more along the lines of sodas or energy drinks, with more interest in the later.

I will make things up if you haven't or won't, unless of course you explicitly forbade me from doing so.

Also I will be upadting my character a bit tomorrow. I'm listing the changes I will make here. I am adding goggles. I forgot those earlier and it seems weird to have ear protection but not the proper eyewear, plus goggles look cool. I thought it would be good to have ones enchanted with night vision and earplugs enchanted to work like a radio but I won't do that at the start, my character won't use enchanted gear unless someone turns her onto it during the RP. I also need to add shorts underneath my uniform skirt, I couldn't do that before knowing about the uniform and forgot to update when I found out. I'll also be adding a belt to carry ammunitition. I won't actually increase the amount of ammo she is carry, it is just that I overestimated the number of pockets you built into the uniform even if I coun't the boot pockets and the inside coat pockets. But yeah, the only think that actually affects the balance of my character is the goggles and that is pretty minor. They're more for roleplaying purposes.

Oh another question, do tatoos exist in this world? Follow up question, is there a phrase in Jaanaharis roughly equivalent to Semper Fi, either in common or in the two languages I asked about?

Few more questions. How does the population (especially the aristocracy) that resides in the seat of the empire regard the territories, specifically Gresgriegoluth. What is the general disposition (primarily regarding loyalty/contentment with the empire) of the people living in the territories, once again specifically Gresgriegoluth? How long ago was Gresgriegoluth conquered by the empire?

Okay that is a lot. Hopefully there will be no more questions from me for a while.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 7:44 am

Quote :
I'd like to know a bit about the pantheon, primarily the gods my character is most likely to worship: the big names in Gresgriegoluth, any gods specific to humans or possibly dwarf and cylops neighbors, or the patron gods of war, commerce, or innovation, etc.

The gods are the muses, nine goddesses associated with knowledge and learning. Margaret, muse of science would be highly regarded in Gresgriegoluth while Miata (crafts) is the chief diety of the pantheon.

Quote :
Does this world have any unique explicitives? I plan on using a lot and Aroro may frown on me finding out how many F-bombs I can realistically drop over the course of an RP. Follw up question (and actually a reasonable normal one), would it make sense for my character to have dwarven as second language, and possibly even cyclopsian? If I know both I'll be pretty poor in one or the other. Speaking of dwarves, you may want to consider an offshoot of dwarves more akin to the ones people normally see in fantasy. Normally dwarves make really good stout warriors but your dwarves are too tiny for that. Something between 4 and 5 feet but broad enough to way as much or close to as much as a normal human would be good. On another similar note I kind of assumed that elves are typically rather lithe so even the freakishly tall ones only weigh about as much as an average human. Although I'd love someone to sign up using your current dwarf race because they sound freaking adorable.

I have not thought of any :P I tend to forget that people often use these. When stressed people often fall back to the language of their race but any further expletives you can make up as you go along. I may put some up later. In terms of second language, no, not unless you are a type two translator. Dwarven and cyclopsian languages can only be learnt by the race itself and by translators (this is the workings of Maria, muse of language and literature). It is however fairly likely tht she could have Gresgrielian or Seivanian as a second language, territories had their own common language but it is going into decline. Also do note that the language of oe's own race s easier to learn than the common tongue (English) because the understanding is already coded into the childs mind at birth.

Quote :
Few more questions. How does the population (especially the aristocracy) that resides in the seat of the empire regard the territories, specifically Gresgriegoluth. What is the general disposition (primarily regarding loyalty/contentment with the empire) of the people living in the territories, once again specifically Gresgriegoluth? How long ago was Gresgriegoluth conquered by the empire?

The listd countries are fairly respected, Gresgriegoluth and Senlokvieras especially as they are key components in war and the economy respectively. The aristocracy ensures that they have a fairy good relationship with the governments holding the more powerful allies and those of the key nations. Most of the countries are fairly content with the empire, the royalty understands that if they wish to keep power they must keep the populace content or an uprising will follow. This understanding is the key to how the empire has survived as long as it has, along with allowing the countries to retain their own culture and royalty under the empires flag.. The countries also are mostly quite loyal to Seivanies, especially the ones mentioned and their loyalty help to cement the loyalty of the other countries. Do also remember that Gresgriegoluth has it's own internal aristocracy and royalty. As fr how long a Gresgriegoluth was conquered, it would be in the third era (it is currently the early fifth era) so millions of years ago.

As for tattoos, yes. Tatoos are also common among the great houses surviving from the second era such as the black or white stripes over the eyes which represents House Dominoe, btw no you cannot be art of House Dominoe as it is made up of demons and nephelim. As for semper fi, always faithful. I would say that the term would best suite Seivanian and a language from two of the other continents. I haven't specifically witten uthe language of Seivanies but take the phrase to be 'Thelosies, Jeskie Riviarestelles' or 'Loyalty/ ours/ is with you' while a blessing would be 'Muselles liesliakest riviarestelles' or 'Muses/ let they be/ with you'.

Just some extra info. The muses are Miata (crafts), Margaret (science), Miriam (experience), Maria (language and literature), Mallisa (history), Michaela (commerce and trade), Marsibella (mapping and geology), Marsipan (forethought and planning) and finally Mira (Mathematics). Opposing them is Lenora F(sloth), Aronel M(greed), Nathan M(pride), Nahtan F(envy), Azezel M(lust), Lezeza F(gluttony) and Mana F(wrath) who are known as the vile fairies. Lenora is their leader with Aronel as her second in command, they are devils (malicious gods) and in no way actually related to fairies beside their chosen appearance.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 9:45 am

Am I on my own for coming up with energy drinks? Also, how to teenagers celebrate? Not necessarily in this world but in general.

I see. It seems kind of odds that the 7 sins are opposed by something other than the 7 virtues.

Okay. So each species and each country has it's own language? So from a lore standpoint I should speak human, common (which apparently isn't common), and Gresgriegoluth? Is being trilingual the norm or have all the older languages gave way to common?

Are high elves in your world typically as snooty as the high elves in TES?
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Teenagers often celebrate by going to clubs or having parties. It actually varies from group to group and clique to clique. I will likely put some beverages out as well, I just had never paid it any thought before.

:P there are more gods, but they are not relevant to the era. In Resrondal there are 18 vile fairies (7 sins plus 11 others) while the muses act as a counterbalance to the 9 esums who represent leisure. The other vile fairies and the esums only become known in another era or two which is why I have not listed them. Some of the esums may even embody virtues as I have not entirely settled on what they represent. There is some info I am keeping, bt that is for my book.

Bilingual was common place but then English was established and made international communication easier. During the transition (which is still taking place) the world has moved into a state where much of the population is trilingual but the languages of the various territories are becoming more scarce though they don't ever die out. The language of ones race is however not often taken into consideration when discussing ones number of spoken languages. Also remember that there are some bi-racial people even if they are not common.

My high elves are actually more like those of LOTR, serene and elegant though they may sometimes have an air of superiority. The dark elves (just for note) are a mix between the altmer(TES) and the drow from DnD.

Oh, I forgot to mention that humans don't have their own language. Some sub races have their own unique dialect ( ie hydra which is a sub race under the dragons can speak the draconic tongue but also have their own tongue which is incredibly difficult to speak for physical reasons to begin with). The language of Aeth's air elementals on the other hand can take years to speak because of certain ridiculously long words such as kill and murder.

Also, be very careful in the wild. Elementals (the animal critters that are not sentient) are incredibly dangerous, especially in adolescence, adult elementals cannot be found as they leave to their respective elemental plane. And this is a lot of random gobly gook info I am starting to spout so I will proceed to shut up.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 7:08 pm

I already came up with one.

Too many gods.

LOTR also tend arrogant little pricks. They're just slightly more subtle about it than TES elves. I really don't like elves.

I had another sort of question but forgot it. Oh yeah, does the campus take up the entire island or is there a shopping district?
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Name: Rathion Valor
Age/Grade: 17/Sophmore
Race: Human
Country of origin: Senlokvieras

Appearance: Rathion has a sharp, chiseled jaw and striking features. He’s five eleven and weighs in at two hundred pounds, almost entirely muscle. He’s tan from working outside and will often take off his shirt while he works outdoors, revealing his athletic build. His waistline is trim, his stomach is taut with muscle. His biceps are large but not freakishly huge, as well as well cut and tone. His eyes are the color of the sky before the storm, a deep and mesmerizing grey. His hair is short, barely touching his ears, and of an auburn color. He has scars that trail up and down his arms and legs, most likely scars from childhood play and hard work.

Equipment: For battle, Rathion will don plate armor. He is very strong for a human and can move fluidly in armor. He uses a longsword and a kite shield.

Skills:
1. Strength – Rathion is unusually strong for a human.
2. Paladin – Rathion is able to cancel out magic within a ten foot radius; he is mostly able to control it so that it does not affect his allies. He can also push it out to twenty feet in a cone, leaving his sides and back open. In the heat of battle, he will lose control and it will occasionally affect his friends.
3. Sword and Shield – He is extremely effective with the sword and the shield, using one for bashing or blocking and the other for slashing or deflecting.
4. Farming – He can detect what’s edible and what’s not. He also has a green thumb. Not very combat related, but it could be useful.

Magical abilities: None

Weaknesses: His unusual power can go out of control sometimes, blocking all magic regardless of its intent. It’s usually when he is in emotional turmoil or physically strained.
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddenforums.rpg-board.net
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 1:45 am

... Seems pretty good, an a physically strong human fits Senlokvieras perfectly. Paladin I m not certain is the exact right name, but unless he shots it I really would not care about that. His farming, is that a magical sort of sense or a skill, telling what is edible and what's not would fit the farm-less Senlokvieras perfectly.

So far it seems fine toe so I give my thumbs up :)

Oh yes, Aro, your character would also have a good chance of having a fear of being stepped on. The celestials are big enough that humans and elves are equivalent in size to them as geckos are to humans. Just a thought that you may find fun to play around with, he may also have not bee completely terrified by the giant walking creatures.

Drummy, Greek mythology has more gods, so does Egyptian mythology.

The island is actually two islands, the floating island where the school covers pretty much the entire island and then the larger island below has homes, some schools and a shopping center or so.

Last edited by Mist on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 8:25 am

Well, I was thinking that his family was one of the few that had their own farm, to support themselves since they can't eat the stuff the celestials and sprites can. From there it just became an acquired skill, a sixth sense, but not really magical. The farm would also help with his unusual that strength too. Still haven't figured out how strong he should be. I'm thinking 1.5 to 2x as strong as a normal man but seems a bit much.

Ha! Alright. I'll keep that in mind :)
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddenforums.rpg-board.net
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 8:41 am

Hmm, a farm. It would probably be between celestial trees but that seems fine. the sense also fits though he should be able to eat the fruit of the trees, even i it doesn't give enough nourishment for a human to live on that alone. I will go with a yes, now just to wait on Drummy and Coake.

4 fully accepted team members, 5 lore accepted team members and 7 members planned for the total.
5 student accepted, 6 lore friendly and 8 planned
7 characters accepted, 8 lore friendly and 10 planned.
We seem to be coming along nicely so once all the bios are accepted it shouldn't be long before IC is up depending on if/when Coake has it completed. Now just because I think it is something that links fairly well with the rp. Watch this, RWBY chapter 2 episode 1.
Back to top Go down
Lord Coake

Lord Coake

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 9:21 am

I'm fine with aro's character if you are, mist.

(My student)
Name: Mirthea Soniette
Age/Grade: Equal to a 16 year old human/Sophomore
Race: High Elf
Country of Origin: Seivanies
Appearance: Mirthea is a tall, slender elven woman, with sleek, flawless facial features, light blond hair that comes down to her shoulders, and bright blue eyes that seem to sparkle. She wears the standard uniform for females. She is around 7' 10", and is of a slim weight.
Equipment: She carries a Equivalent to the M21 Sniper as her primary weapon, and a 9mm Caliber pistol as a sidearm. She also carries a boot-knife in her left boot, and and a pair of binoculars.
Skills: Mirthea is an expert marksman, and can spot and kill a target up to 100 yards beyond the maximum range of her chosen rifle. She is also skilled in Close Quarters Combat, or CQC.
Magical Abilities: She can magically alter the flight path of her shots to get them to fly straighter, she can enhance the zoom level of her binoculars or scope to that beyond their standard maximum range. She can also enhance her strength for when fighting melee.
Weaknesses: Her skills all require use of weapons, and thus she is worthless without them. She is also better at ranged sniping than anything else, and isn't as useful in situations where she cannot use that skill. She also has a thing for humans, and very nearly cares for them more often than her elven-kin, which could be exploited like a weakness.

Last edited by Lord Coake on Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 9:51 am

She already asked me before. It's good.

Are students free to go to the other island outside of normal school hours?
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:17 am

Coake, again no lore problems. Drummy, the studnts would be allowed to go down to the island outside normal school hours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Legacy of Conquest
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next