The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kingdom of Bones - OOC -

Go down 
+11
Sir Nicholas
Erit of Eastcris
Sparky
TheDarknessOfLoyalty
Hotrodd
Rorschach
Hydrattler
Mist
Lord Coake
Drummy
Riffus Maximus
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mist

Mist

Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:21 am

I may actually have Valeria act like a mother to your character a bit later on, it would be appropriate after all.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:23 am

Erit said the same thing about Auris. I'm going to have a big happy disfunctional family. You're character will have to make some hurdles to get there though. I won't take to kindly when I notice the undead creatures that serve you. I'll love the bird though, so you have a chance to make a good impression at the inn.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:29 am

:P I'll have Sanguine with me. Valeria will probably mention to Auris that Satchel is just a bit less tan twice his age, though she will do so as light conversation rather than whatever else she could have had planned to use it as. As for the other undead, I't's only Lorna and a wolf right now, both with illusions, so let me hope she doesn't find out about that just yet.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:38 am

At first I thought you'd mention that up front, but now I see you mean when he tries to adopt me.

As long as they;re disguised I won't figure out unless I fire up my detect life spell, which happens to be the spell all my other magics work through. You still likely have a good while though.

Wait do your illussions effect all sense? Do the undead smell?
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 5:15 am

Well he would have perfect illusions for all senses but touch, but her undead are literally just pure bone so no rotten meat.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 5:16 am

Got it.
Back to top Go down
Hydrattler

Hydrattler

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:06 pm

Hey, i actually got round to making a bio .-.

Name: Aaron
Race: Human
Class: Blood Warrior
Appearance: Aaron has an average, if slightly muscular build. He has shortish black hair and stands at 5' 8" tall, weighing roughly 150 pounds. He has dark blue eyes and lightly tanned skin. on his forearms are 2 long scars with intricate red marking along each side of the scars
Equipment: Studded leather armor that cut off at the shoulders. (as in its like a vest) A small dagger, and a pair of rings, one on each index finger, each with a small sharp blade coming out of the side.
Skills: Aaron is able to manipulate his blood to a certain extent, and usually shapes and hardens it into the form of 2 curved blades, one coming out of each forearm, He is able to form blades in other areas, but this is his preferred place. He can choose, at the cost of reducing the structual ingetrity of the blades, to expand the size of them by creating hexagon holes throughout the blade so it uses the same amount of blood.
Weaknesses: Aaron's biggest weakness is the fact that because he fights with his own blood, he is partially limited to how often he can create his blades in a short amount of time, moreso if hes bleeding badly. Also he is only able to control blood that is still connected to him and he requires a wound for the blood to come out from.
History: Will be revealed IC
Personality: Will be revealed IC

Last edited by Hydrattler on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Accepted, you may post when you want.

I'll give a day or two for Ed(TDOL) and Mike (hydra) to post before posting my next IC.
Back to top Go down
Hydrattler

Hydrattler

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 11:59 am

mainly to let max know, but also the others involved, i'll be posting some point tomorrow (27th)
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 2:15 am

It took a while for me to get an IC post, but there it is.

Just to let you all know, I don't intend to make a full round of waiting to post. Since this is basically the introduction to each character, I want to have at least everybody post before getting a reply. Currently, you have the choice of whether or not you want you character to follow the others in the adventure. I will require, again, to have at least everyone reply before going further into posting.

However, after all characters have given their answer, I will begin to post at a much quicker pace. That means, as long as there is half of the players who have posted, I will keep on the story rolling whenever I'm available.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas

Sir Nicholas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:21 am

Name: Balthasar.

Nicknames: Bal. King of the Arena. Gladiator.

Race: Human.
Marital Status: Single.

Alignment: Chaotic Good.

Role: Mercenary. Gladiator. Pit Fighter. Warrior.

Appearance: (Image)

Balthasar is a short, dark skinned and muscular man. His head is shaved bald, though he keeps a well trimmed mustache and goatee. Notably, he has a case of complete heterochromia: His right eye being brown and his left eye is grey.

He keeps a well trimmed goatee and mustache, though he otherwise appears clean-shaven. His face is heavily scarred (his most notable one being over his left eye) - as are his shoulders, wrists and forearms. He also notably has a number of tribal tattoos over his shoulders.

Bal's attire is fitting for his profession as a gladiator; consisting of a long, sleeveless dark-blue coat. He wears a gold chain necklace which depicts a many-tentacled Kraken, (his personal heraldry) and a thick collar for neck protection. He also wears thick, fingerless gloves with overlapping wristbands. Around his belt, (which is boiled leather) he wears a thick red sash. Last of all, he wears baggy black pants and thick foot-wraps.

Personality: Gruff, blunt, straightforward and to the point are what best describe this fierce warrior. Bal (to close friends) is a man that follows his own morality. He often follows whatever whim happens to strike him at the moment, though he is not totally random. Having been a slave through most of his childhood, he has developed an intense hatred of slavery in general and absolutely despises those that persecute or discriminate against others.

Although grim and austere, he is actually quite kind and surprisingly gentle when outside combat. Those that earn his respect can occasionally get a glimpse of the man he wishes he could be. In many ways, Bal represents the very best that his people have to offer: Brave, unfailingly loyal, studious, intelligent, bloodthirsty, compassionate, honorable, and wise.

Bal has also stated he has no interest in settling down or having a family until such time he can no longer fight. This is partly due to his constant combat training and daily physical conditioning.

Abilities and Skills:

Physically, Bal is a man at the very peak of the human condition. He is a capable warrior, former pit fighter and a peerless gladiator and has dedicated his life to the pursuit of physical perfection.

His favorite weapons are the sword and battle-ax, though he will use other weapons if need be. Such is his dexterity, balance, and hand-eye coordination that he can wield both with ease, even at the same time.

Through constant combat in the arenas of his homeland he learned the truth of battle: The only answer to challenges is to become brutality itself. He has no true fighting style, but has instead developed a unique blend of Martial Arts that incorporates elements from many styles.

Even his bare hands are weapons - allowing him to deliver swift, devastating punches.

Bal relies on his speed, reflexes, footwork and incredible agility to avoid injury, though his durability and resilience are notable in that he has multiple scars and has repeatedly survived injuries that would cripple ordinary men.

Contrary to popular belief, Bal is highly intelligent and focused. He taught himself to read and write and eventually discovered he had an aptitude for tactics. He is especially skilled in thinking on his feet and has learned how to survive against multiple opponents.

During a brief period of time after he left behind his profession as a Pit Fighter, Bal was a hunter for sport. He became adept in the arts of tracking, hunting and stealth. He can utilize these skills to further augment his already considerable fighting prowess.

Weaknesses: Bal has absolutely no magical abilities whatsoever. He is an ordinary human with no outstanding powers that would mark him as anything but a man. His healing abilities are at human level as well, and any injuries he sustains will take their toll on him, especially if they add up over time.

Primary Weapon: Sword.

Fury is a single-edged broadsword that he uses in his right hand. It is large and heavy with an especially sharpened tip, similar to an executioner's blade. The other portions are hard and blunt, meaning its cutting power is somewhat limited, though it more than makes up for this in its extreme durability and its use for blunt-force.

Secondary Weapon: Axe.

Unbound: A large axe measuring about three feet in total length, the blade is exceptionally sharp - being notched and stained with the blood of countless victims. The blade has three wicked curves along the head to allow for extra cutting power and to increase its killing efficiency. The shaft is made from the wood of a fine redwood tree, while the blade is made from some form of dark iron and steel, making it an ideal anti-armor weapon.

History: Bal hails from a far western country where slavery is often practiced, and where Gladiator style games are especially popular. He claims he has no memory of his former life, except that he was raised and trained to fight and die in the arenas. However, unlike the majority of his comrades, he never lost.

In between battles during the day, at night he was educated by the other slaves, becoming skilled in the arts of war and peace as a result. He taught himself to read and write and memorized every book he could get his hands on. He later received a formal education from a kindly priest that would often watch his matches, and who later became something of a father-figure to the young gladiator. Eventually, he was given the name "Balthasar" (meaning Wise Man in his people's tongue) and became something of a leader to the younger pit fighters.

When he reached manhood, he led a revolt against his oppressors - personally stabbing the man that had enslaved him to death with a knife.

After this, Bal became known as "The King of the Arena" and briefly led his homeland as its new leader. During this time, he attempted to do away with the old system and banned any further gladiator games, although these were still practiced in secret.

Soon though, Gliese became engulfed in civil war. Both innocent and guilty were put to the sword and bandits ran rampant throughout the disorder.

Believing such chaos would result in a situation similar to his homeland, Bal left his country behind with a detachment of his best fighters to assist in the reunification. During a decisive engagement outside the former capital, all of his chosen were slain, and he alone was the sole survivor. Shortly after King Adrian established his rule, Bal returned home, only to find in his absence that his people had reverted to their old ways.

His efforts seemingly for naught, he returned to Gliese with a heavy heart - intent on finding a way to restore his homeland.

Bal was later contacted by a shadowy figure who told him to come to the Inn of the Rising Sun.

Last edited by Sir Nicholas on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:30 am

Is that Nick Fury in the picture? It looks like Nick Fury (technically Nick Fury Jr., the real Nic Fury is white).
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:40 am

Overall bio is accepted. However, there's a few things to correct in your history.

Like you told me in PM, Balthasar's country would be in the western part of the world, where the desert is most prominent. Second is that during Bal's lifetime, his country would be conquered by King Adrian (the current king), not King Basil who has been missing for centuries. Lastly Bal wouldn't know about the Demons' god of destruction right now (you will all learn that later on in the game). So far, all your character could possibly know is that the world is on the brink of destruction, depending how you've been contacted (personally discussing with the female emissary or receiving a letter).
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 1:32 am

Finally finished reading.

Arthur wrote:
During a brief period of time after he left behind his profession as a Pit Fighter, Bal was a hunter for sport.
Do you want to piss of the druid? Because that's how you piss of the druid.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 1:46 am

There's never too many reasons to piss off the druid.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas

Sir Nicholas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 2:26 am

I understand, and I'll edit the history. And I intend for Bal to be the "loner" member of the group. The "Sixth Ranger" figure with some shades of the Smart Guy and the Big Guy thrown into the mix.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 2:31 am

*7th ranger.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas

Sir Nicholas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 2:51 am

Good point.

And to answer, he does have some elements of Nick Fury in there, (The Samuel L. Jackson version) although his primary influence is actually T'Challa, The Black Panther. He's the leader of a desert nation. He's strong, he's fast, and he's very smart. He's also an exceptional fighter and rarely speaks unless he has something important to say, and even then, he keeps it brief and to the point.

That and he's also a (relatively) Badass Normal character.

He's also got some hint of Kraven the Hunter in him somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 2:53 am

and Greyjoy (the Kraken heraldry). Satchel will take an Oak as her house sigil once she earns her lordship at the end of the RP.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas

Sir Nicholas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 3:18 am

The Kraken part was because his favorite meal is Calamari. (Just joking!) Actually, it's just simply because the designer made him have a necklace with it.

IC, though, I think it's because of his love of the sea and of the mythological monsters that dwell in it. Alternately, in dreams - the Squid (or Octopus) represents approaching a problem from many different angles - which fits in with his fighting style.

I'll work on my first post momentarily.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 12:07 am

Do bold quotes mean shouting?
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas

Sir Nicholas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 5:59 am

No. It's just meant to establish he has a deep, booming voice. Imagine Michael Dorn as his voice actor if this were animated.
Back to top Go down
Rorschach

Rorschach

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 9:32 am

I'll have a bio as soon as I am less busy, university got heavy with tests and all that since exams are coming. Sorry Max
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 11:01 am

Ok I apologize in advance; I've always been terrible at bios and now I'm super rusty. Be gentle (in the Liar Liar tone).

Name: Pyxis
Age: One year (Young adult if Pixies have a five year lifespan)
Race: Pixie
Class: Scout

Appearance: Pyxis the Pixie is a very small thing, reaching only three inches tall. Like many pixies, her body is a super tiny humanoid form. Her skin is very pale and her blue eyes are disproportionally large to her face. Her blonde hair is cropped short in, what humans would call, a pixie cut. She found it very flattering that humans would name a hair cut after her species. On her back are wings like dragonflies, one larger set between her shoulder blades and a smaller set on her lower back. It is very unusual for her wings to stop moving, even if she is sitting down. There is speculation that the wings have something to do with keeping pixies alive.

Equipment: Her 'clothing', if you would even call it that, looks like blue ivy that was wrapped around her private parts. She is too small to carry anything of consequence.

Skills:

-Speed: Pyxis is very quick. It is the reason her race survived as long as it has. Biologists wonder if pixies naturally use magic to enhance their speed and evolution engraved the need to use it all the time; they don't need to think about flying faster, they just will. The idea is similar to human blinking or breathing. Still, since there is no proof of the hypothesis, their speed is considered a skill and not a spell.

-Taunt: Her high pitched voice and incessant nagging/buzzing can easily throw an enemy into a blind rage. Pyxis relies on her speed and flight to either lead the hostile to an ambush or to get them away from a critical location.

-Swipe: Pyxis has the odd habit of picking up random objects...

Spells:

-Glow: Pyxis makes her body glow like a candle. Pretty nifty party trick but there isn't much practical use for it.

-Blend: One of Pyxis' defenses is to camouflage herself. She can blend into her environment with ease. The process takes about 15 seconds, between her selecting a location, taking a 'photograph' of it in her mind, settling into her spot, and creating an illusion over her body to fit that picture. If she moves, then the process will have to start all over again. It is used in close quarters, like caves or buildings, where she can't easily escape from.

-Shock: If she cannot run or hide, she uses an electrical pulse as an attack. It is only painful to smaller creatures, like frogs, and feels more like static when used on humanoids.

Weaknesses: Spider webs, flyswatters, birds, frogs, heavy rain, her own curiosity, her affinity to tactfully acquiring things. There isn't much that couldn't kill her. She is pretty low on the food chain.

Background Information: (Author's Note: This is my own interpretation of this race; it is by no means backed up by fictional science nor mythology)

Pixies VS. Fairies: Pixies are, generally, much more mischievous than fairies. Fairies are more benevolent and shy. They also have stronger magic. Pixies are like the pests of the forest; pulling pranks and causing annoyance to all. They are, all in all, harmless. However, both species will become very irate if you mix them up. Pixies find fairies to have their head in the clouds and be snobbish. Fairies think pixies are brutish. There is some debate as to whether or not they are the same species (with some appearance variation, such as fairies having butterfly wings) but they were raised in a different culture and/or are subspecies of the Fae. It would be similar to the variation of skin color among humans.

Pixie Lifespan: Since they are preyed upon and not predatorial, they have to adapt quickly and multiply faster. This is why they have such a short lifespan; the sooner they hit sexual maturity, the more likely they are, as a species, to survive. They are also more bug like than other humanoid creatures, which doesn't help their lifespan either.

Pixie Diet and Biology: It is theorized that pixies do not need nourishment like other animals do. While they can eat, they don't seem to eat out of necessity. Scientists have been unable to find any sign of pixie defecation. They also have never seen one sleep like many animals do. Therefore, there is another unproven idea that pixies, like plants, will use light as a source of energy. It could be any type of light, whether it is sunlight (like plants), moonlight, or even candlelight. When the idea was originally released, it caused an uproar in the scientific community. They wondered if it were true and attempted to experiment taking away light sources from the beings in a controlled environment. Unfortunately, Mythological Creatures Rights Activists put a stop to that before it could even begin, saying that capturing pixies and possibly killing them would affect the ecosystem. The idea was laid to rest, although the question still remained.
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddenforums.rpg-board.net
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:32 pm

You still got the touch with bios, Aro. Accepted!

Post whenever you want.

@Rorschach: No worries Morty, I can get you to join the RP whenever I want, whenever you can. It's easy to find reasons to fit in the backstory to have you join the group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kingdom of Bones - OOC -
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next